• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Greek gods and goddesses

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I'm in the middle of reading "Venus" or Aphrodite ( Greek) by Andrew Dalby . I started to wonder what the Greek's gods and goddesses' personalities would be. It's hard to type them because their personalities are a little tied up with their abilities. But I will give it a try.

goddesses

Aphrodite or Venus- enfp or esfp
Athena- enfj or entj- she's hard
Hera-entj or esfj- she's hard, too
Persephone- infp or isfp
Demeter-?
Artemis-infj or?

gods

Zeus-?
Ares-entj or estp
Poseidon- enfj
Hades-?
Apollo- infp or isfp
Hermes-?

Your thoughts....

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hum...

Goddesses
Aphrodite:ESFP
Athena: ENxJ
Hera: ESTJ
Persephone: ?
Demeter: ?
Artemis: ISTJ

Gods
Zeus: ESTJ
Ares: ESTP
Poseidon: INTJ
Hades: ENTJ
Apollon: ENTP
Hermes: ENFP
Hephaïsto: ISTP
Dyonisos: ESFP

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Hades and Athena both strike me as INTJ. Hermes is a probable ENTP. Ares is certainly no N - likely an ESTP. Aphrodite is also not an N, a blatant ESFP.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
Hades and Athena both strike me as INTJ. Hermes is a probable ENTP. Ares is certainly no N - likely an ESTP. Aphrodite is also not an N, a blatant ESFP.

Ares could be an entp. I don't know about Hades being an intj.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
After thinking for a while. I believe that Aphrodite is both S and N. Because love is equally living in the moment but also very deep. Therefore she can be both an es/nfp.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
After thinking for a while. I believe that Aphrodite is both S and N. Because love is equally living in the moment but also very deep. Therefore she can be both an es/nfp.

Love is both J and P too. And T and F and E and I.

Mole

Permabanned
The Star Signs of the Ancient Greek God and Godesses

You don't believe in Ancient Greek Gods and Godesses any more than I do, anymore than I believe in MBTI.

So it seems appropriate to type the Ancient Greek Gods and Goddesses, just as it is appropriate to give them their star signs.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Zues is ENTJ
Ares is ISTP
Hades is ESTJ
Poseidon is ESTP

Can't remember the others at the moment

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ares: ESTP
Athena: INTJ
Hades: IxTJ
Zeus: ENTJ
Aphrodite: ESFP
Dionysus: ESFP
Hermes: ENTP
Poseidon: INTP
Hephaestus: ISTP
Hera: ESTJ
Apollo: INFJ
Artemis: ISFP

EDIT-

Demeter: ESFJ
Persephone: ISFP

Hermes

MBTI Type
eNFP
This thread is a wee bit old but I'd like to put in my (Biased) Opinion.
Using THIS description of Hermes.

I think he falls under ENFP with a balanced Te/Se.
"The myths of Hermes reveal his ingenuity, creativity, mental and physical quickness, and his friendly nature"
Hermes didn't have as strong as an appetite for achievement as Apollo, that ENTPs seem to carry.

However I also think since people tend to give Gods attributes they like to see in themselves, It's understandable how we cant all agree on one type for each. Some of my other thoughts.

Apollo-ENTP
Hephaestus-ISTP
Zeus-ENTJ
Aphrodite-ESFP

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think he falls under ENFP with a balanced Te/Se.
"The myths of Hermes reveal his ingenuity, creativity, mental and physical quickness, and his friendly nature"
Hermes didn't have as strong as an appetite for achievement as Apollo, that ENTPs seem to carry.

:shock:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The definition of "achievement" is subjective.
I wipe my ass with other people's definitions of "achievement"; they cower when contemplating mine.
No need for shock, Brother.
It all depends on who you are dealing with.
Relativity can be a bitch, but most of the time it works in our favor. :newwink:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I do need to achieve. I'm just used to other people not seeing it. I want to be the last man standing.

Hermes

MBTI Type
eNFP
I wipe my ass with other people's definitions of "achievement"; they cower when contemplating mine.
:newwink:

I'm not really sure who this was aimed at, but a quote from the info page on Apollo, the first thing that is said.

"Apollo, Greek god of the Sun, was the original overachiever."
Now achievement cannot be pinpointed to a MBTI type, but I think Apollo represents the same type of striving for the best that ENTPs embody.

"Though very proud of his son’s courage and prowess, Zeus was not pleased that Apollo had killed the serpent. Where could he go now when he needed advice based on her remarkable foresight?

“Not a problem”, Apollo assured him, and returned to Delphi where he took over the Temple and persuaded the priestess to teach him the art of prophecy."
I can also see him as ENTJ.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do need to achieve. I'm just used to other people not seeing it. I want to be the last man standing.

Yes, agreed. I am not concerned as to whether others "see" my achievements or not.

It's more important to me that I get paid for them, regardless of how they are valued by others. Seriously, money talks and bullshit wlaks. :yes:

I'm not really sure who this was aimed at, but a quote from the info page on Apollo, the first thing that is said.

"Apollo, Greek god of the Sun, was the original overachiever."
Now achievement cannot be pinpointed to a MBTI type, but I think Apollo represents the same type of striving for the best that ENTPs embody.

"Though very proud of his son’s courage and prowess, Zeus was not pleased that Apollo had killed the serpent. Where could he go now when he needed advice based on her remarkable foresight?

“Not a problem”, Apollo assured him, and returned to Delphi where he took over the Temple and persuaded the priestess to teach him the art of prophecy."
I can also see him as ENTJ.

My remark was named at no one.
My Mother's middle name is Apollonia, as is my daughter's, after my mother.

When I was a boy my Mother chastised me for referring to her as a "Saint," as she said Saints are boring and she was hardly considered as such.

If the defintion of an overachiever is someone who follows their heart and forges their reality to their liking as best they can, then that is fine with me.

Again, I'm not in this for other people's perceptions, but when they do comapre my standards to theirs, often I am labeled as an overachiever, and I maintain that is just the way I do things, and a relative comaprison to thier means of accomplishing the same endeavor. There is no guilt/shame/or superiority in such events, merely a comparison between alternatives, the victor of which is decided by he/she who has the authority to judge.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Demeter - ISFJ (Hello. She is the "mother" archetype.)
Persephone - INFP
Athena - ENTJ (How does anyone think she's an F? That seems ridiculous to me.)
Hera - ESTJ
Aphrodite - ESFP (No question. She, like Ares, represents pure sensuality. Her domain is sensual pleasure.)
Hestia - INFJ
Artemis - ISTP (Her and Athena are the most T of the goddesses. She is a huntress who values independence and solitude above all else.)

Hermes - ENTx
Hades - ISTJ
Apollo - INFP
Zeus - ESTJ
Ares - xSFP (His most distinctive traits are that he is purely sensual and purely emotional. No N and no T.)
Hephaestus - ISTP
Poseidon - No idea.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
i agree with Hades being an intj.