• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing Videogames

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Feed me all of your information/opinion. I look for correlations.

By Genre?

Action- ????
Adventure- ?????
FPS- ????
RPG- ????

By Game?

Malkaro

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You can only type people.
Yes,even fictional characters.
But you can`t type games.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Malkaro, Thanks for replying.

I'm not exactly wanting information on videogames' types. But more rather, the type of people who are interested in certain genre of videogames.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
sonic is entp.

toejam is entj and earl is intp.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Strategy- INTJ
FPS, racing, action, etc.- ISTP
RPG- INTP
MMOs- ENTP
Melee- ESTP

StrappingYoungLad

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Isn't this like typing musical preferences ? And if you take a look around this forum you'll notice that music preferences are clearly unrelated to MBTI type.

I think the only conclusion you'll reach is that some types are more proficient in certain genres.

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well this is taking MBTI a bit far now isn't it...

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn't this like typing musical preferences ? And if you take a look around this forum you'll notice that music preferences are clearly unrelated to MBTI type.

I think the only conclusion you'll reach is that some types are more proficient in certain genres.

Well this is taking MBTI a bit far now isn't it...

Think of it as a 5% factor in the equation of typing people. I mean surely a type will have the tendency to like chess and another won't?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
I agree with JRPG = XNF. Though aren't videogames more an Introvert activity? Not sure about J/P.

Not sure what type of CRPG your talking about.

Playing RPGs is more of an introverted activity to be sure, but if we are to classify the games themselves (for some bizarre reason), they do involve traveling within the confines of a group (though the main protagonist is often an introvert, unwillingly forced into proceeding on the journey). As for J, I chose that given the rigid linearity of the JRPG format.

By "CRPG," I refer to games in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why not ESTP as well?
Solitary activity. People of all T-types (and some Feelers) like them, but ISTPs would like them best.

What kind of MMO's?
MMORPG, MMOFPS, and so on, and so forth.

What is Melee
smash_bros.jpg

Physical and mindless, but group-oriented. You can get together 3 or 4 of your closest friends with some Doritos and beer and beat their asses.