• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Well-Known Fictional 'S' Characters

gromit

likes this
I'm trying to understand 'S' better... what are some examples of well-known 'S' characters, like from movies or TV or literature? That might be too vague of a category, but it's hard for me to understand the concept without some people to connect it to.

Also, what are some more specific examples of how the characters use Si or Se...?

Last edited:

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
well
Harry Potter
Jack Bauer
Han Solo
Lara Craft

and this is an artist but- Picasso

and I have no idea what they connect to at all either :)

off the top of my head

gromit

likes this
Thank you gigi. What are some examples of ways that they use Si or Se in the stories?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
well
Harry Potter
Jack Bauer
Han Solo
Lara Craft

and this is an artist but- Picasso

and I have no idea what they connect to at all either :)

off the top of my head

Picasso was ENFP.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Picasso was ENFP.

Ive seen him cited as an S

and I hate his work. yes, that's sacrilege as an art history major, I know.

and as for how these people use S.... well, these are mostly adventurous people.... I suppose they use their S to stay firmly on the ground and understand the world in which they are so rooted

I do not comprehend it

I am far too high in my clouds. theyre pink.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Ive seen him cited as an S

and I hate his work. yes, that's sacrilege as an art history major, I know.

I hate his work BECAUSE he's an N. Well I don't hate his work really...it's one big MEH with some very few redeeming paintings....but the reason it doesn't appeal to me is because it's too N (abstract).

and as for how these people use S.... well, these are mostly adventurous people.... I suppose they use their S to stay firmly on the ground and understand the world in which they are so rooted

I do not comprehend it

I am far too high in my clouds. theyre pink.

Ns like understanding the world as much as anyone, if not more.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
more S people...

George W Bush

Lily Allen

Paris Hilton

& for some fictional people...

serena van der woodsen (gossip girl)

Samantha Jones & Charlotte York (sex & the city)

Bella Swan (twilight)

Ron Weasley (Harry Potter)

Mario.... yes from the video games

Tiana from the princess & the frog

cant think of anymore. bleh,

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I hate his work BECAUSE he's an N. Well I don't hate his work really...it's one big MEH with some very few redeeming paintings....but the reason it doesn't appeal to me is because it's too N (abstract).

Ns like understanding the world as much as anyone, if not more.

I want to understand the world very much, its a drive

S's want to understand the tangible world around them is what I meant

and as for picasso... I hate his work because its ugly.

gromit

likes this
Do you have some more specific examples of how they use it...?

Sytpg, who are some painters/artists whose work you DO like?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I THINK, as an N who really doesn't know

that they use it to notice details of the tangible world around them and gather info

I also imagine past experience comes into play

and they live in the moment more and notice the moment more

i assume this helps with like, life

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Sytpg, who are some painters/artists whose work you DO like?

I'm not into paintings per se, so I couldn't name you any favourites...but I tend to like baroque and stuff from the renaissance and oriental art.

gromit

likes this
I'm not into paintings per se, so I couldn't name you any favourites...but I tend to like baroque and stuff from the renaissance and oriental art.

Linky...? :cheese:

I THINK, as an N who really doesn't know

that they use it to notice details of the tangible world around them and gather info

I also imagine past experience comes into play

and they live in the moment more and notice the moment more

i assume this helps with like, life
So maybe a time when Harry Potter, for example, is employing Si or Se is ____________________. (you specifically do not have to answer it, I'm jsut curious...)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Linky...? :cheese:.

By "I'm not into it", I mean I don't keep tabs on what I like, nor do I buy paintings, nor do I paint, nor do I go out of my way to go to museums to look at paintings etc...so no links dude :p

I will say that subject matter is really what I like. Don't give me portraits, or women looking through a window (snores) ... show me cool episodes...I like painting based on the Bible for example because they tell a story of a certain event. And I like some baroque because it documented certain aspects of life back in the day. I like fantasy art a lot too. I love concept art from movies and games and whatever else. I like art that requires interpretation though too, in theory...but I never saw anything that appealed to me in that sense.

heart

heart on fire

He could he composing in his unconscious and tapping into it. Just because an artist's work seems abstract doesn't necessarily mean the artist is N.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
He could he composing in his unconscious and tapping into it. Just because an artist's work seems abstract doesn't necessarily mean the artist is N.

I know. And people even tend to be creative with their tertiary (hence ISFPs can do very Ni "out there" stuff).

But from what I know from him, read, the faint memory of the movie I saw about his life, he was an ENFP.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm trying to understand 'S' better... what are some examples of well-known 'S' characters, like from movies or TV or literature? That might be too vague of a category, but it's hard for me to understand the concept without some people to connect it to.

Since you're apparently too lazy to use the nifty little search bar:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/23068-50-famous-estp.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/29619-100-famous-istps.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/11929-famous-istj-characters-people.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-guardhouse/20781-famous-sj-s.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/23067-50-famous-esfps.html

The only thing really missing in that is ISFPs:

Harry Potter, Van Gogh, Regina Spektor, and Micheal Jackson, to name a few...

gromit

likes this
By "I'm not into it", I mean I don't keep tabs on what I like, nor do I buy paintings, nor do I paint, nor do I go out of my way to go to museums to look at paintings etc...so no links dude :p

I will say that subject matter is really what I like. Don't give me portraits, or women looking through a window (snores) ... show me cool episodes...I like painting based on the Bible for example because they tell a story of a certain event. And I like some baroque because it documented certain aspects of life back in the day. I like fantasy art a lot too. I love concept art from movies and games and whatever else. I like art that requires interpretation though too, in theory...but I never saw anything that appealed to me in that sense.
Okay, cool. I think I understand.

Good idea, and thank you for the links.

I thought it would be nice to start a new thread because I'm more familiar with characters than celebrities and also because I'm looking for behaviors that the characters display in the stories.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you're also welcome to come hang out in our subforum :newwink:

most of us don't usually bite... unless you're covered with chocolate or something :devil:

Also Connery's Bond (ESTP), most cops in cop movies and tv shows (xSTJs), Nanny Ogg in the Discworld books (ESxP), Indiana Jones... yeah, a very very long list of people (most assassins, most cops, most athletes, a good portion of artists, most outdoors people.....)

gromit

likes this
you're also welcome to come hang out in our subforum :newwink:

most of us don't usually bite... unless you're covered with chocolate or something :devil:
:happy2:

Also Connery's Bond (ESTP), most cops in cop movies and tv shows (xSTJs), Nanny Ogg in the Discworld books (ESxP), Indiana Jones... yeah, a very very long list of people (most assassins, most cops, most athletes, a good portion of artists, most outdoors people.....)
So when a character or person exhibits sensing in one of these movies (or in real life), it's almost like an intuition, but based on a deep experiential knowledge of a system?

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
The only thing really missing in that is ISFPs:

Harry Potter, Van Gogh, Regina Spektor, and Micheal Jackson, to name a few...

Van Gogh's a fair spokesman for ISFPs in my opinion. But isn't Regina Spektor a pretty firm INFP?