• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Johnny Depp and Viggo Mortensen

MBTI Type
INFJ
I only place them together because I read somewhere that they are bot INFs..... sooo....what do you think?

I could see INFJ for Mortensen..... (could see dominant Ni-rethinking every word, aha).... even though he writes horrible poetry :D

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Viggo Mortensen is T, - ISTJ maybe
Johnny Depp can to be INFP, not INFJ

Psychdigg

Johnny Depp's Somatotype is Endomorph: 3.4 Mesomorph: 4.0 Ectomorph 4.0

Based on the chart below (3,4,4) JD is ENTP bordering on ENTJ

wpad5994d6_05.jpg

Last edited:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
^do you believe in that system?

Mortensen seems ISTP possibly. Depp is INFP, no doubt.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
i believe johnny is INFP too

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Johnny is an INFP. Viggo is an INFJ.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Johnny Depp- INFP. Not sure about Mortensen.

Psychdigg

Johnny Depp is a rocker. He has been quite willing to fight people. He was a rebellious almost delinquent youth.

You are getting his personality mixed up with some of his roles. Those teen girl heart throb sensitive characters were not his favorite roles. His favorite character is Jack Sparrow.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Johnny Depp is a rocker. He has been quite willing to fight people. He was a rebellious almost delinquent youth.

You are getting his personality mixed up with some of his roles. Those teen girl heart throb sensitive characters were not his favorite roles. His favorite character is Jack Sparrow.

That is my favorite role for him too ^^

INFP can be rebellious too?:shock:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
totally infp for johnny depp no clue about the other dude...looks wise seems infj or istp haha...i can see both...weird.

E

Epiphany

Johnny Depp's Somatotype is Endomorph: 3.4 Mesomorph: 4.0 Ectomorph 4.0

Based on the chart below (3,4,4) JD is ENTP bordering on ENTJ

I have no idea what this means. Are you suggesting that people of each personality type have the same physical appearance? If someone's body changes over time, does their personality change to correspond with it?

[YOUTUBE="VjLN10rtg3Y"]Johnny Depp Interview[/YOUTUBE]

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay question....infps feel uncomfortable with compliments? attention for things like appearance or what? makes sense...

E

Epiphany

okay question....infps feel uncomfortable with compliments? attention for things like appearance or what? makes sense...

I guess compliments in general. I like compliments, but sometimes don't know how to respond to them. My boss complimented my work today in front of his boss and I said, "thank you," but quickly tried to divert the attention away from me; although I actually appreciated it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...i can see that about infps..interesting.

Psychdigg

Aleksei: Let me remind you that when I make an assessment of temperament it is based on something objective - somatotype. I had a very good picture of johnny depp on which to make my measurements and I am very confident that I got his somatotype right. I have my own system of classifying temperament which would be strange for someone that isn't focused on biological causes of temperament. I resort to the very flawed system of C.G. Jung because his theory is popular and a lot of people have thought about their own type in his terms.

Since you believe in the MBTI you may benefit from Paul D. Tieger & Barbara Barron-Tieger's book "The Art of SpeedReading People" 1998 Little, Brown and Company. They are experts on MBTI and have written several books on typing for career choice and love types.

It appears that you have been sucked in by an ENTP. As you may know ENTP's EXTRAVERT their feeling.

Here are Tieger's clues for identifying extraverted feeling.

1. Strive to connect with others They naturally pay attention to other people, are good at reading feelings and knowing what others want and need, and are motivated to provide it.

2. Try to please others and seek approval (Especially true of FJ's). They often will go to great lengths to promote harmony.

3. Can be charming and charismatic. (Especially true of extraverts) They are "people" people - good talkers who are usually good at convincing others to trust and follow them.

4. Are physically expressive (Especially true of extraverts) When talking with others, their faces are usually very expressive - they often have twinkling eyes, tend to laugh easily, and exhibit a wide variety of facial expressions, from smiling to frowning, from beaming to grimacing.
(Watch the video you posted. He is surely extraverting his feeling. This type wants predictable reactions and manufactures feeling to get control of the situation.

KDude

Uh.. I have similar mannerisms (then again, you typed me INTP, so I guess I'm not that far off in your book). By that measure, anyone who displays emotion is sucking people in. Which would be... silly. I don't think Fi is exempt from his brand of..not sure how to put it.. inviting nature from emotional cues and smiles or whatever. If an INFP can't even be as expressive as he is (which isn't much to begin with), then that would entail that the "real" Fi types are all bottled up robots, with feeling so enigmatic and mysterious it can't even be seen..while tertiary Fe/ETPs take their place, acting coy like he does. :thinking:

If there's anything to be written about ETP's in general, it's that they tend to have a more proactive and/or enthusiast vibe. This goes without mentioning why he would even need to "suck people in". He's Johnny Depp. Why is he intentionally charming people to his side? Especially acting students. Most people like him by default, and he's nearly 50 yrs old now. I'm sure he's figured out how big his fanbase is at this point.

Chloe

i think he's very obvious INFP. but i seen him typed as ENFP too, which doesnt seem possible, but who knows. I could see him as ISFP maybe too, if not INFP

my dad looked SO MUCH like him, almost the same. Especially when you add gestures, look (eyes), manerism... and he was INXP, i am not sure weather INTP or INFP..i thought INTP, but thinking more INFP when I look male infps.. there obviously is something in Visual identification.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4

General compliments in person.

If caught off guard or not used to compliments it may become difficult because you want to show your gratitude somehow, but at the same time don't want to look like a d-ck saying "Yaahh, yahh, I know, right?" It is quite difficult to make eye contact, especially in situations of flattery and attention. Looking down or far-left/far-right gives a moment of clarity. If the mind is too clouded you might even be afraid to look at an object for too long too, so your eyes always shift from object to object, because in past experiences you may have accidently "stared" at people (and gotten eye contact) without really meaning it. Crowds of people and attention your way is a tough one, unless it is in a very comfortable surrounding with at least one or two trustworthy friends. If the environment is safe then the talkative-smiley-funny-guy-with-lots-hand-signals-and-movements comes out.

Some people may be more hardened than others.