• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The other House characters

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
for that matter... where the fuck did my Fi go? :newwink:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're... not Fi, far as I know.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
or my Ni... which is my lowest scoring thing of all :sadbanana:

(said Fi because I've publicly bitched about it and my Ne, which is lower ranked tests much higher! :))

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We're getting off-track. My point is that he doesn't show Si (very rarely does he fall back on his studies and experience), he doesn't show Ne, and he does show both Ni and inferior Se. Ergo, his functional preferences indicate INTJ rather than ISTJ.

R

Riva

If I sounded condescending or in any way offended you, I apologize. It was not my intention. :blush:
Of course you didn't sound condescending. Sick!!!

*Sarcasm*
You only go around calling people idiots when they don't agree with you. That's just sweet of you. Not at all condescending. :hug:

R

Riva

One last thing that I missed; in your typing of Foreman you mentioned that he doesn't seem to have House's ability to connect disparate ideas and interweave patterns. This is because Foreman is Ni-dom which is very different from House's very strong Ne. Ni, unlike Ne, doesn't find hidden patterns; its role is to predict events and solve paradoxes. You seem to have run into the same snag in typing Foreman as you did in typing me: you conflated the two intuitive functions. In his case it made you think Foreman as an N would think in a similar way to House, and in my case it made you think I as a Te-aux would act in a similar way to an NTJ. ;)

Regarding your points on House -

Hmmm.. well Ni is also capable of connecting the dots. Ni doms especially do this quite well. And Ni doms I would say are better at connecting the dots than predicting the future. In fact isn't it because they are so good at connecting the dots they manage to predict what comes next? So your point regarding house would suggest he is a Ni dom????

House episodes focuses on 2 different aspects of House's life. One medical the other his personal. He seems to use Ni in his medical life (connecting dots dots we'll never see). Is that no Ni? And Ne (to see patterns in his colleague's) in his social (little though it is) life.

(House has a thread longer than 700 posts. So lets not discuss him here).

Could be wrong here. *Shrugs*

--

So, reviewing:

Cuddy: ENTJ
Wilson: ENFJ
Cameron: INFJ
Chase: INTP
Foreman: INTJ
Taub: INTJ
Thirteen: ENFP
Kutner: ENFP
Amber: ESTP
Lucas: INTP

Cuddy, Wilson, Cameron, Chase are Ns now?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course you didn't sound condescending. Sick!!!

*Sarcasm*
You only go around calling people idiots when they don't agree with you. That's just sweet of you. Not at all condescending. :hug:

The idiot is Aleksei, Curzon, not you. He is totally wrong but is unable to recognize it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just don't get the weird obsession with typing everyone as an N... it's pretty rediculous and shows a lack of understanding about Sensing and all that the OTHER category of personality types entails and is able to do... which really seems unfair since I've put serious effort into studying the N functions and rarely see an N person extend the same courtesey... which is kind of fucked up since often the same people brag about how open minded Ns are :rolli:

R

Riva

The idiot is Aleksei, Curzon, not you. He is totally wrong but is unable to recognize it.

Thanks Speedo :). But he (Alek) is a N type. He can't be stupid right? I mean that's just unheard of. ;)

I just don't get the weird obsession with typing everyone as an N... it's pretty rediculous and shows a lack of understanding about Sensing and all that the OTHER category of personality types entails and is able to do... which really seems unfair since I've put serious effort into studying the N functions and rarely see an N person extend the same courtesey... which is kind of fucked up since often the same people brag about how open minded Ns are :rolli:

He even called Indiana Jones a ENTP. So I wouldn't take him too seriously. And wouldn't consider him as a N type Representative.

And like I said in the Holmes thread, S is quite important to N types. What use would an INTP be without his Si?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no... that would be like considering Stalin a representative of the Russian people :newwink:

and I don't take it too seriously... wrong is wrong :cheese:

it still doesn't mean that hypocrisy doesn't annoy me though :dry:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cuddy- ENTJ
Cameron- ENFJ
Chase- ENTP
Foreman- INTJ
Wilson- ENFJ
Thirteen- ENTP
Taub- INTJ
Kutner (RIP)- ESTP
Amber (RIP)- ENTJ
Lucas- INTP
Wow...you've seen the show, right?

Chase is very stereotypical ISTP, not remotely E or N, very private and practical, no fuss, certainly no blathering on about unnecessary things.

Thirteen is also far from ENTP...I could see any of the IxxP types really, or perhaps even IxxJ...she's so private it's hard to tell, but she's very uncomfortable with her emotions which makes me think ISTP.

Taub isn't very N at all. ISTJ perhaps.

Wilson is debateable but seems like an ISFP to me, or perhaps a less-organized-than-usual ISFJ. Cuddy could be ENFJ or ESFJ, but her Fe is pretty apparent. She seems Te because her job is extremely demanding and rational, but the way she acts out her responsibilities suggests F.

Cameron could be ENFJ but she seems more ENFP to me...all focused on "what's right" instead of thinking about others' feelings.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
just don't get the weird obsession with typing everyone as an N... it's pretty rediculous and shows a lack of understanding about Sensing and all that the OTHER category of personality types entails and is able to do... which really seems unfair since I've put serious effort into studying the N functions and rarely see an N person extend the same courtesey... which is kind of fucked up since often the same people brag about how open minded Ns are

I thought his comment was pretty ridiculous too. :shock:
Chase is definitely not intp. He's a soft ISTP.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't help but noticing everyone calling me an idiot in this thread is a Sensor...

Hmmm.. well Ni is also capable of connecting the dots. Ni doms especially do this quite well. And Ni doms I would say are better at connecting the dots than predicting the future. In fact isn't it because they are so good at connecting the dots they manage to predict what comes next? So your point regarding house would suggest he is a Ni dom????
Well, no. If you review the literature on the subject (Whatever made an excellent thread on the workings of Ni and Ne, as well as Si and Se), you'll find that Ni's mode of operation is to think ahead (remembering forward if you will, as opposed to Si which remembers backward), not to connect dots. Synthesis is Ne work.

Cuddy, Wilson, Cameron, Chase are Ns now?
Always have been.

I think I have a fair grasp on what the Sensing functions do (and I do admit I've treated them a tad too harshly in the past). You do as well, but you seem to attribute a greater intellectual role to them than they actually possess simply because you yourself are a sensor and of course it's inconvenient for you to see them as brute functions.

I also think you, and everyone else in the world, have a wrong idea of what open-mindedness means. It refers to the openness to new ideas and suggestions, not to the nonsensic, messianic idea that all humans are equally capable of great intellectual feats; the majority of people are not.

I hardly type everyone an N, though -- I type as intuitive people I consider intuitive, which in very mentally oriented works of fiction are generally most characters.

Wow...you've seen the show, right?

Chase is very stereotypical ISTP, not remotely E or N, very private and practical, no fuss, certainly no blathering on about unnecessary things.
I changed my typing of him to INTP, but he's no S. He's very deductive (at times he's shown himself to rival House in that regard, such as in Season 3).

Thirteen is also far from ENTP...I could see any of the IxxP types really, or perhaps even IxxJ...she's so private it's hard to tell, but she's very uncomfortable with her emotions which makes me think ISTP.
She is uncomfortable with emotions, but she's an Fi (not Fe, my initial guess was wrong), and she certainly is an extroverted intuitive. I ultimately concluded she's ENFP.

Taub isn't very N at all. ISTJ perhaps.
Possibly, but like Foreman his stuffiness seems Te on crack rather than Si, and he showed Ni rather than Ne; leading me to believe INTJ.

Wilson is debateable but seems like an ISFP to me, or perhaps a less-organized-than-usual ISFJ. Cuddy could be ENFJ or ESFJ, but her Fe is pretty apparent. She seems Te because her job is extremely demanding and rational, but the way she acts out her responsibilities suggests F.

Cameron could be ENFJ but she seems more ENFP to me...all focused on "what's right" instead of thinking about others' feelings.
These I could take into consideration.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Whatever Thirteen is, she seems to have really intense/dysfunctional Fi. I can't count the number of times I've yelled at my TV because she breached confidentiality or otherwise compromised a case because something the patient was doing conflicted with her moral values. The female psychopath from this season is a good example. Thirteen couldn't let it go until she had revealed to the woman's husband that she was a liar, even though that was part of a confidential medical condition. Cameron was irritating in a different way; she at least had it in her mind in most cases that whatever she was doing was best for the patient (or whichever other person was the target of her Fe). Thirteen just has to be vindicated and be right. I think some of that is inconsistent writing, as it always is with the female characters on this show, but it really bugs me.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's see... so far I've changed my typing of Thirteen (ENTP to ENFP), Chase (ENTP to INTP), Cameron (ENFJ to INFJ), and Amber (ENTJ to ESTP); and I seriously considered Foremand and Taub as ISTJs. I discarded it simply because their Perceiving functions seemed wrong (Ni and Se rather than Ne and Si).

I'm quite readily willing to admit I'm wrong if I'm proven wrong, but just calling me a retard isn't gonna do much to convince me. In this thread it seems you guys are the ones displaying bias, given you detected Foreman's lack of intuition and you all essentially pounced at the chance to label him an SJ without stopping to consider what he displays instead is Te rather than Si (which he uses almost not at all). :newwink:

R

Riva

I should point out that it was you who started calling people stupid. But when it was clear that you had a personal bias against sensors, thought they weren't capable of being intellectual at all, dismissed others, resorted to name calling and started making stupid deductions, others must have naturally thought that you were an idiot. And if you read it again Spedo called you an idiot for being unable to realize you were wrong.

But hey! those guys are S types. What do they know, isn't it Alek?;)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And if you read it again Spedo called you an idiot for being unable to realize you were wrong.
I realize that. I count four characters in this thread alone I've admitted I was wrong about, so that seems kinda off the mark, don't you think? ;)

Further, I don't consider Sensors incapable of intellectual thought as a rule. I just think that sensors would generally disinclined to deal with theoretical ideas, in the way that House's team does.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Further, I don't consider Sensors incapable of intellectual thought as a rule. I just think that sensors would generally disinclined to deal with theoretical ideas, in the way that House's team does.
Medicine is not very theoretical - looking for physical symptoms (Se) and remembering diseases you've been taught that fit the symptoms (Si). Yes, there is more N involved in House than say, family medicine, but that doesn't mean nobody on the show can be a sensor. Biology and Medicine are the sciences that would most appeal to Ss, in my experience, and doctors in particular tend to be more SJ than the general population, possibly due to the academic requirements. It's not like House is running a theoretical physics lab, he's trying to cure people of their very physical, concrete diseases.

So this is not very compelling "reasoning" to support your assumption that the whole team is N, particularly when Ns are a smaller proportion of the population, and any TV show has to have characters that appeal to mass demographics (as House certainly does) and therefore tend to have traits that many people can identify with.

On a side note, I agree with Foreman as an INTJ, which is why I don't think Taub is one. They're quite different.

PS I guarantee ISTPs can be just as deductive as INTPs, so that's hardly a reason to call Chase an INTP when all signs point in the opposite direction.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
given you detected Foreman's lack of intuition and you all essentially pounced at the chance to label him an SJ without stopping to consider what he displays instead is Te rather than Si (which he uses almost not at all). :newwink:

Nobody have never said that Foreman lack of intuition, and I've express many arguments to demonstrate that Foreman is an SJ and not an NT but you have eluded them. Classic.

Let's see... so far I've changed my typing of Thirteen (ENTP to ENFP), Chase (ENTP to INTP), Cameron (ENFJ to INFJ), and Amber (ENTJ to ESTP); and I seriously considered Foremand and Taub as ISTJs. I discarded it simply because their Perceiving functions seemed wrong (Ni and Se rather than Ne and Si).

Ok, you are ready to change your typing, but your typing still worng.;) By the way, show me the inferior Se with Foreman.

I just think that sensors would generally disinclined to deal with theoretical ideas, in the way that House's team does.

But they are disclinded. They deal with theory because House is the boss but it's not all their more natural way of acting. They are often skeptical to his exibit intuitions because they are focused on physical data wich say the contrary. House M.D show that sensors can be open to the intuitive side but that it's not their more natural way to act, that's all.

Medicine is not very theoretical - looking for physical symptoms (Se) and remembering diseases you've been taught that fit the symptoms (Si). Yes, there is more N involved in House than say, family medicine, but that doesn't mean nobody on the show can be a sensor. Biology and Medicine are the sciences that would most appeal to Ss, in my experience, and doctors in particular tend to be more SJ than the general population, possibly due to the academic requirements. It's not like House is running a theoretical physics lab, he's trying to cure people of their very physical, concrete diseases.

+1. And as much as I know, the work of the doctors in House M.D consisting in finding the right dignostic exist in reality, but in the real world, doctors don't do that instinctively with a whiteboard at a black felt, they take time to consult their online library where they intersect the symptoms with an international database. And the characters of the show would probably act llike that if House were not the boss. House often speculate about what the patient could have even when nothing indicates explicitly that he has something, what others characters do not.

PS I guarantee ISTPs can be just as deductive as INTPs, so that's hardly a reason to call Chase an INTP when all signs point in the opposite direction.
Yes.:yes: And find a diagnostic is a deductive thing by nature, that does'nt mean necessarly it's an N thing.