• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The other House characters

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A person of one type can very much have the vibe of another type, especially if they're very close to one another. Calvin's dad, for example, is a clear ENTP who comes off as ISTJ a lot of the time.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Foreman is an ISTJ: logical, quiet and more concerned with ethic and his social roles than in intelectual pursuit. Practical, down-to-heart, wordly and factious. Not abstract or nebulous. Basically scientific and do things by the book by contrast with the inventive and explorer of possibilities House though his infuenced by him and say "it's House who've gave me some interest for the process of research", but it's clearly not his initial prior motive, and so, his ISTJness is more obvious at the beginning of the show.

Chris Taub is an ESTP. As open as House to original ideas and original solutions in the way to solve the problem, but with a more do-it approach and not really interested in the process of researsh just for the sake of the process of research. Think above all to fix the problem, and is more likely to process by trial and errors and in a step-by-step approach rather than wondering how things could be. Good natured problem solver.

Chase: ISFP.

He doesn't have that intense cold Ti vibe most ISTPs have. He does however have his own set of values that he adheres to (Fi), with a serious disregard for social rules especially if his own set of values come first. That's why he seems flaky on morality issues. He however has a warm vibe to him, very understanding and nurturing towards some people, but very aloof and independent towards others. His gentle nature and his patience with the emotional crisis Cameron goes through when they date, despite being hurt emotionally, show his maturing Fi. Throughout the series though, he displays the ambivalence of a Fi-dom and his struggle in how to deal with others, especially people who clearly don't give a crap about others, and how to fit that in with his values and reactions towards those others, as a way to compensate for the hurt they otherwise might cause him.

Chase is an ISTP 9w8. Even if he can have some deal of Fi, he take the most part of the time things unpersonnaly, he's disengaged and not concerned at all with the ethics side of his job. He consider that his work is just a well paid job and don't feel the need to find another work who would be more in touch with his feelings, and so, he's probably not a F. He rarely think for long-term improvement in his life and so, he's probably not a N. He fit easilly with peoples, he's gentle and patient because he is a 9. And because he's an ISTP, he's totally ably to grasp the feelings and behavior of other in a logical, comprehensive, tolerant and non-judgmental approach. Chase is clearly not at ease with value judgments.

On the other hand he's as good a theorist as anyone else on the team, and as I mentioned at one point he got good enough to outwit the big man himself. I could buy him being an introvert, though.[/qote]

Of course, Chase is Ti-dom and so he is at ease with theory and he share Ti with House at the point to be able to beat him on his own ground sometimes. But he's not a N. He's not interest in the process of research just for the sake of the process of research. He is the man who analyse the problem, fix the problem, tell the truth, receive a punch in his face, and then move away. He's not obsessive about possibilities and the questions "how things would be" like House is.

Thirtheen: ISTP

She does that notorious aloof thing ISTPs do so well. Not to mention the denial of emotions, the running away from an emo-situation once it pertains to herself, until it was worth it to her (with Foreman), then she stuck it out, but was unable to figure out how to truly remove the obstacles in her relationship, effectively waiting for it either to work or not. High Ti would also explain why she can usually follow House's analysis and work on that (I believe he's ENTP, so once he stops Ne-ing all over the place, she picks up where he leaves off). Also explains her primal sexy vibe, typical of this breed, as well as her urge to hunt and live in the moment before she picks Foreman. Not to mention to whole 'she's hard to read' problem. ISTPs that are somewhat in touch with their Fe tend to have a need to take care of others, who they perceive as weaker or in need of help (the reluctant vigilante thing) as they cannot stand injustice. Hence her sometimes caring nature towards others when House is trampling all over them and her calling him on it and setting boundaries as to her interactions with him.

I think she's more an ISFP. She can be really hurt by the way how House treat her sometimes, and express some outburst of Te in reaction. So I think she's rather an Fi-dom even if she has high Ti.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They. Are. All. N. :steam:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@ Satine: One last thing that I missed; in your typing of Foreman you mentioned that he doesn't seem to have House's ability to connect disparate ideas and interweave patterns. This is because Foreman is Ni-dom which is very different from House's very strong Ne. Ni, unlike Ne, doesn't find hidden patterns; its role is to predict events and solve paradoxes. You seem to have run into the same snag in typing Foreman as you did in typing me: you conflated the two intuitive functions. In his case it made you think Foreman as an N would think in a similar way to House, and in my case it made you think I as a Te-aux would act in a similar way to an NTJ. ;)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@ Satine: One last thing that I missed; in your typing of Foreman you mentioned that he doesn't seem to have House's ability to connect disparate ideas and interweave patterns. This is because Foreman is Ni-dom which is very different from House's very strong Ne. Ni, unlike Ne, doesn't find hidden patterns; its role is to predict events and solve paradoxes. You seem to have run into the same snag in typing Foreman as you did in typing me: you conflated the two intuitive functions. In his case it made you think Foreman as an N would think in a similar way to House, and in my case it made you think I as a Te-aux would act in a similar way to an NTJ. ;)

:doh:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh don't hold back, please, tell me how you really feel. :rolli:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, reviewing:

Cuddy: ENTJ
Wilson: ENFJ
Cameron: INFJ
Chase: INTP
Foreman: INTJ
Taub: INTJ
Thirteen: ENFP
Kutner: ENFP
Amber: ESTP
Lucas: INTP

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just watch the season 1 and you'll see that Foreman is a S, but next he become to be more involved in Ni. Foreman and Thirteen are two wharacters really involved in Ni, and that can make think that they are N even if they are not. Foreman can oppose Ni to the Ne of House, but the most part of the time he oppose Si. House is the explorer of possibilities, Foreman the one who want to do things by the book and prefer the orthodox approach. He's more concerned with his social roles than with intelectual pursuits and so he is a guardian, not a rational. Of course, he learn, like every other member of the team, do be more open to the intuitive approach and the late Foreman is very close INTJ even if he still ISTJ. "It's House who've learned me the sake for research", Foreman said.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Foreman is primarily driven by Te, making him look like a stuffy, generic IxTJ. He is concerned with order and efficiency, but doesn't seem to really ever fall back on his studies and experience. However, the mere fact he (by your own admission) utilizes Ni rather than Ne pegs him as an INTJ (the only other option being ISTP -- which does not fit his personality), given that ISTJs are Ne-inferior.

R

Riva

She has a clear Messiah complex, pegging her as an Fe-dom.

Curzon is just being an idiot as usual. I could maybe buy Cuddy being an S, but it's damn near impossible most of House's team are anything other than intuitive (Ne for that matter), given the extremely speculative nature of their work. They literally tie together a bunch of weird symptoms into a coherent diagnosis, out of thin air, through brainstorming.

:blush:

Edit -
but it's damn near impossible most of House's team are anything other than intuitive (Ne for that matter), given the extremely speculative nature of their work. They literally tie together a bunch of weird symptoms into a coherent diagnosis, out of thin air, through brainstorming.
House simply manages to bring out the creativity and intuition in them through brainstorming. Infact House has to force them to come up with ideas. At 1st all of them give answers which sound obvious . Then he dismisses them and keeps on stepping on their shoes till they simply come up with better answers. And thus the intuition that we see.

Last edited:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

While I respect that you have a different opinion than me, and may just have valid arguments, it would appear you could benefit from a lesson in formulating what you're trying to communicate in a way that does not sound like you're telling people what to think or do ;)

I shared an opinion with you, on why i think you might be ENTP (Btw..this answer just reinforced that idea). I did not claim you were entp and couldn't possibly be anything else. It would be nice to get the same courtesy from you when you disagree with me on something and not to be put in my place like a child, especially not by someone who's been here less time than I have and doesn't know me. At all.Presuming to know how I generally think and what (logical or otherwise) mistakes I'm likely to make without this information is therefore rather arrogant. After all, this is all sheer conjecture as MBTI is a theory, and this is not based on simple facts. You *gasp* could be wrong just as much. If you are in fact ENFP, let's see you practise that silver tongue of yours. You could benefit greatly from it.

Now to sweeten the Te-pill: in no way was this meant in a snarky way, or did I mean to disrespect you. I however do no care for being talked to in this way and wanted to communicate that ;)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
However, the mere fact he (by your own admission) utilizes Ni rather than Ne pegs him as an INTJ

I've said he uses Ni, but that he is Ni-dom. Remember this, Foreman is cooperative and more concerned with his social role than with intelectual pursuits, he is a guardian not ar rational

Curzon is just being an idiot as usual. I could maybe buy Cuddy being an S, but it's damn near impossible most of House's team are anything other than intuitive (Ne for that matter), given the extremely speculative nature of their work. They literally tie together a bunch of weird symptoms into a coherent diagnosis, out of thin air, through brainstorming.

House is speculative and driven to explore theories and possibilites. The other member of the team are sensors who are skepticals about that way of work and more spontaneously process in a more basical way. They have a current diagnostic that they are likely to express if they have enough data wich fit with. For Foreman, for examples, it's often the lupus, for Thirteen, it's often an autoimmune disease. The theme of House M.D is to show how dow-to-earth medical doctors can become more insightful if they learn to be more open with their intuitive side. At the opposite, House prefer to have sensors in his team. In the first episode, he says to Foreman that he've recruited him because he has a practicality that he have not. At he begining of the season 4, House must recruit a new team and there's an INTP among the candidates. He's very intelligent, almost as much as House, but House does'nt choose him, because as a N, his way of thinking is to close to his to be interesting.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While I respect that you have a different opinion than me, and may just have valid arguments, it would appear you could benefit from a lesson in formulating what you're trying to communicate in a way that does not sound like you're telling people what to think or do ;)

I shared an opinion with you, on why i think you might be ENTP (Btw..this answer just reinforced that idea). I did not claim you were entp and couldn't possibly be anything else. It would be nice to get the same courtesy from you when you disagree with me on something and not to be put in my place like a child, especially not by someone who's been here less time than I have and doesn't know me. At all.Presuming to know how I generally think and what (logical or otherwise) mistakes I'm likely to make without this information is therefore rather arrogant. After all, this is all sheer conjecture as MBTI is a theory, and this is not based on simple facts. You *gasp* could be wrong just as much. If you are in fact ENFP, let's see you practise that silver tongue of yours. You could benefit greatly from it.

Now to sweeten the Te-pill: in no way was this meant in a snarky way, or did I mean to disrespect you. I however do no care for being talked to in this way and wanted to communicate that ;)
The way I saw it, you presented an opinion. I told you, in what I thought was a respectful manner, why I disagree. If I sounded condescending or in any way offended you, I apologize. It was not my intention. :blush:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The way I saw it, you presented an opinion. I told you, in what I thought was a respectful manner, why I disagree. If I sounded condescending or in any way offended you, I apologize. It was not my intention. :blush:

:hug: thanks for this. I'll fully admit to being a bit hypersensitive to even remotely being told what to do or how to think. Hence the reaction. No bad feelings, really, and I sincerely I hope I didn't cause any in you :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've said he uses Ni, but that he is Ni-dom.
SJs, generally speaking, have no Ni at all. Foreman, on the other hand, shows signs of having no Ne at all (which SJs do have, as a lower function).

House is speculative and driven to explore theories and possibilites. The other member of the team are sensors who are skepticals about that way of work and more spontaneously process in a more basical way.
In a more data-oriented way? I disagree. Most of the time it's House who rejects ideas coming from his fellows rather than the other way around. All of them are in on the process of connecting symptoms into a diagnosis -- Ne synthesizing work.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:hug: thanks for this. I'll fully admit to being a bit hypersensitive to even remotely being told what to do or how to think. Hence the reaction. No bad feelings, really, and I sincerely I hope I didn't cause any in you :)
:hug: Don't worry about it. :) I'm not very easy to offend. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SJs, generally speaking, have no Ni at all. Foreman, on the other hand, shows signs of having no Ne at all (which SJs do have, as a lower function).

Does this mean that I should inform my ISTJ that he is a freak of nature and drive a stake through his heart while he's asleep? :coffee:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I said generally speaking. Borderline cases (like yourself) do exist for most types.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
so why couldn't he be a borderline case? :huh:

just saying...

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Foreman? He could, but then where's his Ne? And, for that matter where's his Si? His stuffiness seems to be fundamentally Te in nature, not Si.