• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who would be a classic example of an INTJ?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Einstein = ENTP, Dr. Manhattan = INTP, Snape = INTP IMO.

I would say Abraham Lincoln or Benjamin Franklin maybe for a famous INTJ.

So why do you think Snape is INTP? I really would think INTJ. He extraverts Te and not Ne - right? I don't know any INTPs who are so quick to judge or draw conclusions.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So why do you think Snape is INTP? I really would think INTJ. He extraverts Te and not Ne - right? I don't know any INTPs who are so quick to judge or draw conclusions.

I agree. I think Snape is a fictional INTJ.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've usually seen Snape listed as INTJ. I think I'd lean toward that myself.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Never even read that shit, but I'd agree.

Every list has him as it, and every quote I've ever seen of his wreaks of unhealthy INTJ.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
These are great examples. I've never actually heard Ayn Rand talk but you can get an idea by reading her books.

I also think about Arnold Schwarzenegger, Alan Greenspan, and Richard Nixon.

I think Alan Greenspan, too.

I even understand Arnold.

Richard Nixon? I've thought so at one time, but I've also heard he was an ENTJ...

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
why is snape fictional?

i see no evidence to this lie.

but yes, intj, that I can see evidence of

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Oh, also, quintessential INTJ: Nietzsche.

He actually might be the best.

Some people say INTP; no way. Definitely INTJ.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Richard Nixon? I've thought so at one time, but I've also heard he was an ENTJ...

Nixon was no extrovert. The man did not care at all for social interaction. He was some sort of unhealthy IxTJ, probably ISTJ (he was known for being very detail-oriented).

Zarathustra said:
Oh, also, quintessential INTJ: Nietzsche.

Very correct.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Nixon was no extrovert. The man did not care at all for social interaction. He was some sort of unhealthy IxTJ, probably ISTJ (he was known for being very detail-oriented).

Thanks for the info.

I'm not too well versed in Nixon's personality, so it's helpful.

p.s. Are you old? :tongue:

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Thanks for the info.

I'm not too well versed in Nixon's personality, so it's helpful.

p.s. Are you old? :tongue:

No, I'm 18. I'm just a history nerd who has always been fascinated by the grumpy crook from Whittier. :tongue:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Definitely.

*sighs*...Mr. Darcy

He's considered, like, the sexiest man in English literature. Except for Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights . I wonder what Heathcliff's type is...I think he could potentially be some evil, violent, unhealthy xNTJ.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
^ Well, apparently Harold and I would've been very, very sexy in 19th century England... :D

heart

heart on fire
*sighs*...Mr. Darcy

He's considered, like, the sexiest man in English literature. Except for Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights . I wonder what Heathcliff's type is...I think he could potentially be some evil, violent, unhealthy xNTJ.

Heathcliff ISP. Then he flips out and changes, becomes bitter, obsessed.

Catherine ENFJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Heathcliff ISP. Then he flips out and changes, becomes bitter, obsessed.

Catherine ENFJ.

Ok - I'm going to show you my reasoning just by copying a convo I had with someone else, just to see what you think.

"Really? In film, or from the actual novel? He shows quite a lot of long-term strategic planning in his vengeance upon the Earnshaw and Linton families, which would suggest an NTJ type to me. Also, his level of control over his "victims" doesn't strike me as being very P. He has a great deal of self-control in destroying others with vice while not allowing it to affect himself. His life-long, almost supernatural obsession with Catherine also strikes me as something that wouldn't place his N in an inferior position."

and

"Yeah, but he's life-long obsessed...he devotes his entire life down to ridiculous details getting revenge. Seems like someone with Fi to me as well as being a J type.

I agree that especially with fiction it's hard to apply MBTI because, well, they're made-up characters. I just wonder if he seems more STP in film, because I don't believe any cinematic version has done justice to the novel"

Although I could see a lot of his behavior seeming unhealthy ESTP, if he isn't NTJ, could he very well be SFP with NTJ shadow?

Hmm. Yeah, it's a fictional character. I guess we really can't get too specific with it.