• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ "Intelligent" Myth

G

Ginkgo

wtf? i've been having what i thought was a very coherent conversation on my wall with cloud.

then i see this. it's like there are two clouds.

stval11-t.jpg

awwww

penis-cloud-penis-cloud-fuck-demotivational-poster-1219511140.jpg

HUH?

Jaguar

Someone whose ni is near retarded level speaks at a condenscendingly and telling someone to be more NT.
Jaguar, you are a ESTJ, you are just faking around to be an NT.
Anyone can see through it.

Your reading comprehension is literally, zero.
Cloud, take your ENTJ hatred elsewhere.
All you cry about in this forum are ENTJs and Enneagram 8's.
And calling me an ESTJ isn't going to work.

Get a grip on yourself.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Back on topic bump.

Probably has been mentioned before a bunch in other words but....

It seems that NTs in general are obsessed with becoming more intelligent in an abstract thinking kind of way, and that INTJs are slightly the best at the NTs at showing such abstract thinking kind of intelligence by mastering the arbitrary tests that the general public sees as showing someone is smart in the "classic" sort of way.

(Then I wonder, if these INTJs can also make sure this thread stays alive, since they has built skillz like that...)

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, I just find this particular thread to be very reactionary. It was created solely in response to the "ESFP "stupid" myth" thread.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think one may safely assume that, except for the stupid INTJs, INTJs are intelligent.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think one may safely assume that, except for the stupid INTJs, INTJs are intelligent.
Intelligence, what a touchy subject.

I view wisdom, perceptiveness, introspection, reflection and innovative ways of thought (including imagination) as being manifestations of intelligence.

At a baser level there is the ability to process and analyze information, and the faster and better you are at doing this, the more smerrt you are.

I only get frustrated when Ts think they are inherently smarter than Fs.

:steam:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He forgot average ones.
Shhhh! No INTJ will ever admit to being average, not even the stupid ones.

Intelligence, what a touchy subject.
Yep. So touchy that you don't even have to call someone stupid, but simply explain something in a pedantic manner that they regard as condescending, and the intelligence wars start all over again.

I view wisdom, perceptiveness, introspection, reflection and innovative ways of thought (including imagination) as being manifestations of intelligence.
I completely agree. Different people have different talents. I think that what differentiates classical "IQ" intelligence from the rest is its rarity and that it is easily subjected to reliable tests. The tests, in turn, tend to favor INxx (introverts that live in their heads, thinking about stuff), and particularly INxJ (because of the speed at which Ni can intuitively solve a problem, and tests have time limits) and INTJ (since it is easier to test objective analysis than subjective - a limit of the testing tools, not of those being tested).

At a baser level there is the ability to process and analyze information, and the faster and better you are at doing this, the more smerrt you are.

I only get frustrated when Ts think they are inherently smarter than Fs.

:steam:

Well, Ts aren't inherently smarter, that's for sure. A salsa practice partner of mine is an INFP Ph.D. computer scientist whose job consists of way more fancy physics (modeling car engines with computer analysis) than anything I do these days.

Brains is how you use them, not whether you're T or F.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fs are better dancers. :p

You'll have to come by and prove that to me sometime. :)

But, yes, she's a better dancer than I am, too. (of course she's been at it for 10 years, as compared to my 3)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
stval11-t.jpg

awwww

penis-cloud-penis-cloud-fuck-demotivational-poster-1219511140.jpg

HUH?

:rofl1:

I'm not the only one who realizes the power of penis references!!! :jesus:

Of course, for another viewpoint intelligence tests are long boring tests that only people who have something to prove enjoy taking, which might explain why INTJs would score well (the ExxPs get bored, the ExxJs have better, more important things to do, the other IxxJs don't have the same stake in HAVING to prove that they're smarter than anyone else...)

:)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
:rofl1:

I'm not the only one who realizes the power of penis references!!! :jesus:

Of course, for another viewpoint intelligence tests are long boring tests that only people who have something to prove enjoy taking, which might explain why INTJs would score well (the ExxPs get bored, the ExxJs have better, more important things to do, the other IxxJs don't have the same stake in HAVING to prove that they're smarter than anyone else...)

Actually there are a lot of STJs who have to prove that they are smarter. Since they are in such minority on this board, it's not something that we come across much here, but believe me they do exist.

One weakness of most TJs is their need to be right. This can be in any pursuit, not just intelligence. It's not necessarily that they are trying to prove that they are better or know more than the other person. It's just that they are so sure of their view that they will argue it down, until you either let them have their way or walk away. I can be that way sometimes. :cry:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
So there's multiple intelligences now.

Linguistic intelligence ("word smart"):
Logical-mathematical intelligence ("number/reasoning smart")
Spatial intelligence ("picture smart")
Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence ("body smart")
Musical intelligence ("music smart")
Interpersonal intelligence ("people smart")
Intrapersonal intelligence ("self smart")
Naturalist intelligence ("nature smart")

That's great, you know. Now no one gets to crow because none of the intelligences are comparable, therefore obviously they should use the same word to be described. Intelligence is so obviously a lowest common denominator epithet.

So quickly you bozos forget you're on a typology site.

Positive words and attributes, likely including "intelligent", will flow toward those persons who are skilled at and accurate with their top two functions.

But hey, good luck with comparing yourself to INTJs. If you want to start with the automatic disadvantage of not having dominant introverted intuition and start arguing that you should not be compared in those terms, then hey, rock on because you're right. but unless you want your own dominant function devalued, best not try stripping introverted intuition of its genuine ability.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:hi:

body smart here!!!

you'd appreciate it... in bed... :newwink:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've noticed a trend in television sitcoms for "intelligent" characters to be INTJs.
Notably, Stewy Griffin, Gandalf the Grey, Hannibal Lectar and Severus Snape.

Obviously this a stereotype unfounded in reality, but what is it about INTJs that makes Hollywood writers make them intelligent characters, or alternatively make intelligent characters into INTJs?
It's no stereotype, nor unfounded. Two thirds of people with above-average IQ are INTJ.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
So there's multiple intelligences now.

Linguistic intelligence ("word smart"):
Logical-mathematical intelligence ("number/reasoning smart")
Spatial intelligence ("picture smart")
Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence ("body smart")
Musical intelligence ("music smart")
Interpersonal intelligence ("people smart")
Intrapersonal intelligence ("self smart")
Naturalist intelligence ("nature smart")

That's great, you know. Now no one gets to crow because none of the intelligences are comparable, therefore obviously they should use the same word to be described. Intelligence is so obviously a lowest common denominator epithet.

So quickly you bozos forget you're on a typology site.

Positive words and attributes, likely including "intelligent", will flow toward those persons who are skilled at and accurate with their top two functions.

But hey, good luck with comparing yourself to INTJs. If you want to start with the automatic disadvantage of not having dominant introverted intuition and start arguing that you should not be compared in those terms, then hey, rock on because you're right. but unless you want your own dominant function devalued, best not try stripping introverted intuition of its genuine ability.

Introverted intuition isn't intelligence.
Neither is extraverted intuition.

In fact, neither are all that much different from their "sensing" counterparts.