• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ "Intelligent" Myth

themightybob

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Erm, i.q. does not loose its correlation with intelligence after 100. why would you think that? Also i hope your statement in regards to your i.q. of 170 was sarcasm, otherwise your probably delusional and highly hypocritical.

Mole

Permabanned
OE

What do you think?

I found it useful to have my IQ measured, not for the number, but because it explained my emotional life.

For I discovered that I have a high response to stimulae, or as they say, I am Over Excitable (OE).

I found those two letters, OE, explain more about me than the four letters of MBTI.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
^ Haha, seriously.

ERM doesn't seem to understand what the IQ ratio means...

Which, ironically, would likely imply that his IQ is nowhere near 170...

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I live in a city designed by a landscape architect like you. And his name, Walter Burley Griffin, will last as long as the landscape. So perhaps, Blackmail, you too are writing your name into the landscape as well.

Maybe.

But frankly, my goal is not to have my name remembered.

I design gardens, it's true. I do delve into urbanism as well.
I just hope visitors appreciate what I do for them, because as a designer, I'm never really satisfied, whatever the praises I receive. The works I'm doing are more important than my ego, anyway. And if landscape theory can teach you something compared to architecture, it's humility, because you can't design trees: you have to follow their "envies" since they are biological organisms in constant evolution. That's also what I like: sometimes I claim to be an artist, yet my so-called "masterpieces" will always escape my grasp, and will eventually have a life of their own, until they dissolve once again in the great continuum of time.

The real world is always stronger. Nature is always stronger.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread is so much better than the ESFP one.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
^ Haha, seriously.

ERM doesn't seem to understand what the IQ ratio means...

Which, ironically, would likely imply that his IQ is nowhere near 170...

Seriously...

Don't you understand irony sometimes, or is it beyond your grasp? :shock:

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Respond to my post and stop being stupid. :rolleyes:

The latter part goes for all of you, actually.

G

Ginkgo

There was a time that still tapers off today when men held the belief that they were moved by the stars.

And now some men breach the system and come to know that they can move the stars themselves.

So the most intelligent men find the keys to the stars to shift the other men, one by one or mass by mass.

But still, we burn out and smolder like our celestial cousins, clustered or in particles.

I would rather be amongst the clusters, for they reflect warmth and beauty , perennial or not.

Mole

Permabanned
Maybe.

I just hope visitors appreciate what I do for them, because as a designer, I'm never really satisfied, whatever the praises I receive. The works I'm doing are more important than my ego, anyway. And if landscape theory can teach you something compared to architecture, it's humility, because you can't design trees: you have to follow their "envies" since they are biological organisms in constant evolution. That's also what I like: sometimes I claim to be an artist, yet my so-called "masterpieces" will always escape my grasp, and will eventually have a life of their own, until they dissolve once again in the great continuum of time.

As a little boy I organised the kids over a six month period to landscape the hill behind our hotel, culminating in Bon Fire Night when we invited all the neighbours to celebrate.

But I do have an ambition to be a designer - but not a landscape designer, rather a trance designer.

And so far I have designed a trance I call 5X5X5 or l'alternance.

My teacher is Dennis Wier and you can find him by clicking on -

Trance Research Foundation |

sculpting

Maybe.

That is beautiful blackmail. I may never see your particular gardens but as I walk in every town I visit, I always try and visit parks and gardens.
My favorite is a tiny town in the netherlands called oosterhaut. It has these massive trees of some sort, all aligned, and big fields of crocuses growing between then. It is pretty traditional I bet but makes me feel like a fairy.

Your statement about "dissolving into the continuum of time". Deep truths slumber there....

Mole

Permabanned
That is beautiful blackmail.

As I write we are planting a vast arboreum in the centre of Canberra for future generations.

We ran an international competition that was won, naturally, by a landscape architect.

Already we have planted many forests that overlook the city and the lake.

It will take a while to reach its full glory. And it is the glory of landscape architecture which will be here for as long as the city of Canberra.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Some pointless stuff moved. Carry on kids.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Those were some very interesting statistics, but I'd really wanna know the source before I go on fully believing them...

I don't have the source and neither does the author of the article. As I've already stated, statistics on personality and intelligence are difficult to come by.

Either way, until those statistics are proven wrong by a more definitive and credible source, I will use them as a reference guide.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I don't have the source and neither does the author of the article. As I've already stated, statistics on personality and intelligence are difficult to come by.

Either way, until those statistics are proven wrong by a more definitive and credible source, I will use them as a reference guide.

Not sure whether you've read any books about MBTI, but I've seen some great statistics in some of them.

Might wanna check some out...

themightybob

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
@erm
Intelligence= the ability to solve simple and complex problems and to understand and process information.

Please stop with the overly liberal non-sense.We all know essentially what intelligence means, I assume now you're going to get into a long drawn out speech ultimately leading to the conclusion that i.q. is meaningless and everyone is equally intelligent in their own way, no?That is a nice notion and allows everyone to feel good about themselves but it is not at all accurate.

I.q tests are not perfect, and i realize this, their are things like cultural biases and poverty to take into account, but chances are if your a white individual that was raised in a middle to upper class family then your i.q. is for the most part an accurate representation of your intelligence.