• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Roald Dahl's characters

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've reread a few of Dahl's children books, in search for extreme characters to use as examples.

Matilda
Matilda: INTJ
Mr. Wormwood: ESTP
Mrs. Wormwood: ESTJ
Mrs. Honey: INFJ
Mrs. Trunchbull: ENTJ

George's marvellous medicine
George: INTP
Grandma: INFJ?
Mr. Kranky: ENTP

James and the giant peach
James: I...?
Ladybug: ISFJ
Centipede: ENTP

The BFG
Sophie: ISFJ
BFG: ENFP

What do you think?

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was thinking more this:

Matilda
Mrs. Wormwood: ESFJ
Mrs. Honey: INFP

James and the giant peach
James: ISFP
Ladybug: ISFJ
Centipede: ENTP

I'll come back for the other books.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
What about the Fantastic Mr. Fox? ESTP?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Mr. Fox ESTP - yeah, that seems to fit.

Miss Honey INFP - I don't know. It's possible. I thought INFJ due to her love for teaching and counseling. She's a real mentor.

Mrs. Wormwood a Feeler - I don't agree to that. She doesn't care for people, even not for her husband and children. She cares for the riches. She had this one goal in life: get rich. She knows the one and only way a woman should do this: be pretty and marry a rich man. Look eg. at the conversation between Mrs. Wormwood and Miss Honey. "Look at that actress. Now she's going to marry him and live in a big house with lots of servants". What's important? That the couple is together at last? Love? I don't think so.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
Matilda
Mrs. Wormwood: ESTX
Mrs. Honey: INFP

The BFG
Sophie: IXFX
BFG: ENFP

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmmm, I always thought matilda to be an INFJ instead of INTJ. She's doesn't seem much of a Te user at all.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmmm, I always thought matilda to be an INFJ instead of INTJ. She's doesn't seem much of a Te user at all.

I see what you mean here too, but I'm not sure if she uses no Te. She does kind of seem like she has a plan behind all the craziness she goes through, even if it is not apparent all the time. It might be kind of off but INTJ seems like the best guess so far. It is hard because of her age.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP

But INFJ would make her a Fe user... common values? Popularity? Caring about other's feelings? Matilda? Doesn't fit.
There's a bit of Fi use; she's got a good chunk of personal values that don't correspond at all to the values she's got as examples... her parents aren't that much of a good example for common values, are they?
And once she determined what she would like - getting a book, punishing her parents, finding some grown-up to tell about the telekinesis - she'll lose no time in trying to reach that goal. And then you'll see lots of Ni use and some Te too - "does this way of acting bring me closer to my goal?"