• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ellen DeGeneres

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
She seems way-super N to me. Beyond that, it's hard to say. I'd guess E, T/F is up in the air, and I'd guess P.

Incidentally, I have always been neutral-to-slightly-positive about her until this dog fiasco, which just made her look like a massive tool IMO.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Definitely not P-ness in her.

P.S. I'm 3.:ninja:
P.P.S. INFP

:doh:

You think I? I thought that at first actually but the way she just blarps everything out seems pretty E (unless she's just appearing to blarp but really carefully planning her words). I guess there's also the matter of public vs private persona, but that's true of any celebrity we speculate on.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Incidentally, I have always been neutral-to-slightly-positive about her until this dog fiasco, which just made her look like a massive tool IMO.
How so? I have no idea what to think of it. It does seem a little off to me, a bit like viewing a fragment of a convoluted situation.

I'd guess ENFP for her based on public persona.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
How so? I have no idea what to think of it. It does seem a little off to me, a bit like viewing a fragment of a convoluted situation.

I'd guess ENFP for her based on public persona.

Just the way she thought she should be above the rules that she (or her partner, I guess) agreed to when she adopted the dog. And when she didn't get her way she used the show to turn the public against the rescue organization.

Usehername

On a mission
Definitely not P-ness in her.

P.S. I'm 3.:ninja:
P.P.S. INFP

I caught the lesbian joke, but I don't get what "I'm 3" means.

And I could see INFP. Just a very low I but with INFP tendencies? I think ENFP fits a little better but I don't know that much about her.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
:doh:

You think I? I thought that at first actually but the way she just blarps everything out seems pretty E (unless she's just appearing to blarp but really carefully planning her words). I guess there's also the matter of public vs private persona, but that's true of any celebrity we speculate on.

Yeah, I dunno. Strikes me as someone who feels and thinks deeply about things to herself. I bet she extraverts for her show and then balances with some introverted time. She seems like she would prefer intimacy to big gatherings. I get that impression from some entertainers like David Letterman. C.f. Jay Leno: total extrovert.

So, on the show, maybe XNFP? But IRL and deep down, INFP.

P.S. I'm 3 YEARS OLD, User.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just the way she thought she should be above the rules that she (or her partner, I guess) agreed to when she adopted the dog. And when she didn't get her way she used the show to turn the public against the rescue organization.
Yeah I can see that. Only I've been guilty of the same thing only no one cared. One of the cats we adopted from a rescue agency we had to find another home for. I think technically they maybe wanted it back? I don't know for sure, but we have moved hundreds of miles away and this kitty was really hard to place because she liked to pee on folks. I found a kind lady who didn't care. Anyway, I can't say anything since I did it too. :happy2:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah I can see that. Only I've been guilty of the same thing only no one cared. One of the cats we adopted from a rescue agency we had to find another home for. I think technically they maybe wanted it back? I don't know for sure, but we have moved hundreds of miles away and this kitty was really hard to place because she liked to pee on folks. I found a kind lady who didn't care. Anyway, I can't say anything since I did it too. :happy2:

I read that the rescue agency just wanted Ellen's hairdresser to fill out an application and go through the adoption process like any other family, but they refused to because it should have been good enough that Ellen said it was okay. My opinion isn't because she re-placed the dog, but her behavior after the agency found out she had done it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read that the rescue agency just wanted Ellen's hairdresser to fill out an application and go through the adoption process like any other family, but they refused to because it should have been good enough that Ellen said it was okay. My opinion isn't because she re-placed the dog, but her behavior after the agency found out she had done it.

Ah, I get it. That is kinda turdy.

alicia91

I disagree- I don't think Ellen was a tool at all. According to Ellen, she didn't have to go through the 'home study' or formal application process herself to get the dog in the first place, but then the agency made a big deal about the 'rules' after she broke down on TV.

I read one of her books (is there more than 1?) a few years ago, and she struck me as an S-type. But hey, I'm brand new to this.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
It's hard to say we know the whole story. I saw her when she was crying her eyes out on TV, and I can't imagine that the only thing it would take to solve the situation was the signing of a couple papers. If that's all it took, she and the family she gave the dog to would have just signed the papers. The end. I think there may have been something more to it than that, unless they're all just a bunch of big babies. I'd like to think a lesbian who has probably gone through hell to become a well-known comedian is not just a big baby. It takes balls to be openly gay in this society, and more balls to be a comedian.

I agree she probably shouldn't have brought the wrath of the public down on the animal shelter, but maybe she was PMSing and really emotional that day, haha.

I've always kind of liked Ellen myself. I mean, come on. She's a lesbian, for one. Like I said, it takes courage to be open about that. She's probably one of the very first popular female comedians. So no matter what else I find out about her, I will always respect her for that.

As for her being INFP... I don't think many INFPs could run their own talk show, even if everything was planned and written for them. I don't think INFPs are expressive enough to entertain on the level a talk show host would be expected to entertain, even if they really pushed themselves. I'm an INFP and I've never even cried in front of anyone other than my mom, so I can't even imagine doing it on national TV. She's much more likely to be an ENFP than an INFP.

She's probably an ExFx. Very possibly an ESFP, if her love for animals so is great. My mom's an ESFP and has always owned upwards of twenty dogs! I know! :happy2: It's pretty nuts. I can see her crying on national TV about something like this. Definitely.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
it was the brat they kept showing who made such a huge deal about it as if she was entitled that got on my nerves. she had the dog, what, days? if that's the worst that ever happens to you, you're in fantastic shape.

but, she didn't cry when it showed HER on camera. she sat there, looking pissed and like her next move would be to hold her breath if she didn't get her way, saying, "i want my dog back!" which made me want to slap the shit out of ellen for reinforcing that bratty 'entitlement' mindset.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
it was the brat they kept showing who made such a huge deal about it as if she was entitled that got on my nerves. she had the dog, what, days? if that's the worst that ever happens to you, you're in fantastic shape. but, she didn't cry when it showed HER on camera. she sat there, looking pissed and like her next move would be to hold her breath if she didn't get her way, saying, "i want my dog back!" which made me want to slap the shit out of ellen for reinforcing that bratty 'entitlement' mindset.

Hear, hear.

If the dog were going back to be put to sleep or live in a cage, I'd probably feel differently, but IIRC he went immediately to another home. Beyond all this, though, I'm unimpressed with how Ellen used her celebrity to basically destroy that woman's business. (Although her good standing has been reinstated since she offered reasonable explanations for all of Ellen's accusations- the bad press probably isn't doing her any favors.)

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
she had the dog, what, days? if that's the worst that ever happens to you, you're in fantastic shape.

LOL, true.

Beyond all this, though, I'm unimpressed with how Ellen used her celebrity to basically destroy that woman's business

This is what I first thought too. I also thought that if she had a beef with them, she should take it up with them personally, not plead her teary case on TV. Besides all that, if the dog still wasn't given back, how hard and painful would it be to find another dog?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hear, hear.

If the dog were going back to be put to sleep or live in a cage, I'd probably feel differently, but IIRC he went immediately to another home. Beyond all this, though, I'm unimpressed with how Ellen used her celebrity to basically destroy that woman's business. (Although her good standing has been reinstated since she offered reasonable explanations for all of Ellen's accusations- the bad press probably isn't doing her any favors.)

*nods*

it's bothersome that ellen chose to attempt to "make the girl's problem go away" (and judging by the way the girl acted, this has been going on for quite a while), instead of encouraging her to see the big picture. the one where the girl isn't the center of the world, bad things happen, grownups make mistakes, and the main thing is that the dog (who if you really love him so much, that should be your main focus) is with a loving family, even if it's not yours.

i see trouble down the line for that girl if ellen's first reaction continues to be to just make problems 'disappear' instead of teaching the child that sad/bad things do happen and how to deal with them when they do.