• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are we over-assigning N to people here?

Are we over-assigning N to people here?

• Total voters

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
About 25% of people are Ns, but in these threads, N gets assigned to about 75% of people, it seems. Introversion too, a lot. Is it because since we're a bunch of Ns, that we just like typing other Ns, or is it a bias that makes us want to type people we like as Ns like us?

Are artists putting out false N vibes of appearing "deep" and introspective, but are not?

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I think there is a tendency toward N bias, for those reason you mentioned.

However, another possibility is that N's are drawn to other N's work or art so to speak, so the enjoyment of the art, or what have you, is "pulling" to certain people. Or it could be something else all together.

G

garbage

"Oh, yeah, you can put an S in your type .. .. if you're completely shallow, unable to grasp theoretical concepts, stubborn and set in your ways, and subservient to your instincts.

But, wait. That's impossible. You actually understood my post, so you must be one of us. Congratulations! You're part of a special and elite minority. Club N.

Will you help us rage against the S establishment? Please? We.. we need all the help we can get. The whole world is against us, you know."

This is the message that's sent all the time. It's like everyone's playing out a damn caricature.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
"Oh, yeah, you can put an S in your type .. .. if you're completely shallow, unable to grasp theoretical concepts, stubborn and set in your ways, and subservient to your instincts."

This is the message that's sent all the time.

Noooo. Part of that shit is about Jness, too. ;)

Jaguar

About 25% of people are Ns, but in these threads, N gets assigned to about 75% of people, it seems. Introversion too, a lot. Is it because since we're a bunch of Ns, that we just like typing other Ns, or is it a bias that makes us want to type people we like as Ns like us?

Are artists putting out false N vibes of appearing "deep" and introspective, but really it's just shallow art?

Some of the most shallow people in this forum are allegedly N.
Wake up.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
most of the people who post here aren't Ns.
it's possible that this place is more attractive to IN__ types, but i really doubt it.

anyway, iNtuition is given more glory by any popular typological writer. it starts with the inclusion rate: fewer people in the world are Ns.
as a natural reaction, humans [the reader included] are prone to grabbing up limited resources -- exclusion is unbearable for most people, even if and especially if they don't know what they're being excluded from.

and people around here definitely do not know what it means to be an iNtuitor.
so we all mark ourselves with the N because it makes us feel like we're in the in crowd too.

as for the OP - people like the characters they type in movies etc.
they want the characters to be part of the in crowd with them.
it's all about creating a cush living space with a nice recliner for the psyche in these threads.

no one is here for learning or professing - it's all about pleasuring the psyche, and that's why we have a disproportionate number of N typed people on the forum, and in this sub-forum.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You're right.

To expand on that.. often, part of that shit is about every dichotomy that isn't I, N, T, or P.

Maybe because INTPs are most likely to not annoy other people directly and to keep to themselves.

Off the internet, I mean.

G

Ginkgo

One of us, one of us, one of us ...

Ufo-Cult_Love03.jpg

One day the Shining One will erupt from the butt crack of the Earth Mother and whisk us away to Slagathor, father of the third-eye chakra.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
N's are more prevalent on this forum obviously, and are probably leaning toward being more interested in 'N' things, which are often made by 'N' people. Not always, but just maybe.

Some of the most shallow people in this forum are allegedly N.
Wake up.

I hope I'm one of them.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes, but i also think there are going to be a much higher than normal amount of N's here just because of the subject matter.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
i say no, because i seem to have a habit of under-assigning N to people

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
If you're talking about assigning types to famous people, it's probably because intuition is more common amongst artists (writers, musicians, etc.) Also, maybe there's a reason that N's are overrepresented in books/movies? I don't think it's that we're typing wrong, I think it's that writers of fiction tend to create more N characters, perhaps because the writers tend to be N's themselves.

If you're talking about forum members, it's probably because N's are more interested in personality typing, to the point of going on forums to discuss it. A lot of this is very theoretical and concept based, so it makes sense that it would appeal to N's.

Fecal McAngry

Who the fuck is this mythical WE? Most of the people who "type" celebs suck...Why would I care what incompetent dimwits do?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Who the fuck is this mythical WE? Most of the people who "type" celebs suck...Why would I care what incompetent dimwits do?

Well Shit, you care enough.

We = forum members. And the only mythical person here is Victor.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
If you're talking about assigning types to famous people, it's probably because intuition is more common amongst artists (writers, musicians, etc.)

Becoming a famous musician or artist is actually doing something out in the real world. And since sensors are already 75% of the population, I think they might be the majority of artists. Well, SPs.

It's probably close though, so I'm not sure.