• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Justin Broadrick

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've listened to his music for a couple years now after discovering Jesu, but I find his other projects good too. I don't expect anyone to really know who he is since he's not really known (besides for Godflesh). If you can bear through some of the video, I'd appreciate some second opinions. I think he's INFP, and I'm not just saying that because I'm also INFP, but he really mirrors myself in a lot of ways, at least in the ways he goes about describing his relationship with his niche.

JESU INTERVIEW | dontwatchthat.tv

StrappingYoungLad

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
He's one of my favorites and I agree that a good fit for him would be INFP.

Its really hard to tell though. There are a handful of interviews of him and he comes across as an extrovert for some reason.

He's also a huge stoner.

Its hard for me to tell how much his musical output is influenced by personality as opposed to environmental factors (like growing up in a place like Birmingham).

Before I got into Jesu I thought he was some kind of unhealthy stoned ISTP.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
He's one of my favorites and I agree that a good fit for him would be INFP.

Its really hard to tell though. There are a handful of interviews of him and he comes across as an extrovert for some reason.

He's also a huge stoner.

Its hard for me to tell how much his musical output is influenced by personality as opposed to environmental factors (like growing up in a place like Birmingham).

Before I got into Jesu I thought he was some kind of unhealthy stoned ISTP.

I think I can give a pretty good reason about his seemingly extroverted state in interviews. He's pretty passionate about music, he said he will probably never stop making music. He comes across as excited in interviews because it's about his passion. He's got a lot to say about because he's so interested in it.

My case for his introversion is his dislike for playing live. He even said touring mentally drains him, and he'd rather "lock up in a studio and never come out".

As for environmental factors, Godflesh came out of Birmingham, Jesu came out of rural Whales. There's a connection.

Godflesh (pre-Jesu Broadrick) may not sound very INFP at a glance but when you take it apart the music resembles a bitter, nihilistic Fi reaction. Certainly the focus is on feeling. The lyrics are concentrated and allegorical, often revolving around duality. This seems pretty N, although in determining a musician's type that isn't accurate enough alone since many people write music in that way to express things differently. Broadrick described Godflesh as a "defense mechanism" and "constantly banging [his] head against a wall".

He is at least IFP though, I'm sure of it.