• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hogwarts Houses...

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Okay, I had to start this one. They seem to sort the kiddies at Hogwarts into houses based on singular personality traits, so I was curious to see if it would be possible to allocate a house for every type. And whether that would end up with terribly lopsided numbers.

So, here we go:

Gryffindor: 'brave', 'daring', 'chivalrous' (disregard for the rules?)
ENFP, ENFJ, ESTP, ISTP

Hufflepuff: 'just', 'loyal', 'hard-working'
INFP, INFJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ISFJ

Ravenclaw: 'wise', 'clever', 'intelligent'
ENTP, INTP

Slytherin: 'cunning', 'ambitious', 'sharp'
ENTJ, INTJ, ESTJ, ESFP, ISFP

Rearrange at will!

MerkW

Okay, I had to start this one. They seem to sort the kiddies at Hogwarts into houses based on singular personality traits, so I was curious to see if it would be possible to allocate a house for every type. And whether that would end up with terribly lopsided numbers.

So, here we go:

ENFP, ENFJ, ESTP, ISTP

ENTP, INTP

Rearrange at will!

I don't think it's that black and white. Some types can be in either of two houses, so there is quite a lot of overlapping. Generally, Gryffindor = NF, Hufflepuff = SJ, Slytherin = SP, and Ravenclaw = NT.

Gryffindor: ISFP, ESFP, ESFJ, xNFx
Hufflepuff: xSJx, IxFP, INFJ
Slytherin: INTJ, INTP, ESxP, ISTP, ENTJ,
Ravenclaw: ENTP, INTP, INTJ, INFP

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't think it's that black and white. Some types can be in either of two houses, so there is quite a lot of overlapping. Generally, Gryffindor = NF, Hufflepuff = SJ, Slytherin = SP, and Ravenclaw = NT.

Gryffindor: ISFP, ESFP, ESFJ, xNFx
Hufflepuff: xSJx, IxFP, INFJ
Slytherin: INTJ, INTP, ESxP, ISTP, ENTJ,
Ravenclaw: ENTP, INTP, INTJ, INFP

Hufflepuff - just from the description - has a lot of SJs and Ravenclaw, a lot of NTs. Gryffindor seems - just by the description - to attract bith NF and SP (but the kids we see in Gryffindor cover the spectrum) and - Slytherin?

The description keeps changing. "Ambition" the first year: ESTP, ESTJ, ENTP

"Pureblood" later - sounds pure-D SJ to me.

"Evil" still later, no ifs, ands, or buts - a lot of people see SPs that way.

Severus Snape, Syltherin, INTJ or a possible rider on ISTP or (in 3rd place) ISTJ.

But note how many of the adult baddies were damaged SJs. Umbridge. The Minister of Magic. Percy Weasley.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i mostly identify with Hufflepuff. i took the OKcupid house sorter about 10 times trying to get something other than hufflepuff, but apparently i am just pure hufflepuff.

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I get Ravenclaw the most often, although occassionally I get Hufflepuff.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
They seem to sort the kiddies at Hogwarts into houses based on singular personality traits

I don't know that they do that. Each House seems capable of housing almost any type. Remember, the sorting hat will also listen to a child's preferences, if they're on the borderline of two Houses (like it did with Harry, who is such an NF at heart, but could have actually been put into Slytherin, a House that stands for everything Gryffindor does not). I agree with those who say it isn't black and white.

I align myself with all of the Houses significantly, even Slytherin. Most likely, I'd be in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. I'd say I'd also possibly end up in Hufflepuff, but if the sorting hat were sitting on my head I'd say, "I don't want a badger for a mascot, I don't want a badger..."

LOL. Seriously, Hufflepuff got the shaft in the books.

Last edited:

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Slytherin?

The description keeps changing. "Ambition" the first year: ESTP, ESTJ, ENTP

"Pureblood" later - sounds pure-D SJ to me.

"Evil" still later, no ifs, ands, or buts - a lot of people see SPs that way.

I tried to avoid the 'evil' stereotype, for Slytherins. Instead I was looking at the most positive traits for each, or at least the one's the house prides itself on. (And seriously, I think that's presuming a bit to say that lots of people think SPs are evil!) Just because the typical Gryffindor traits (like honesty) contrast with typical Slytherin traits (like being cunning), they're seen as bad, and we all know the whole books are from a very Gryffindor-ish point of view.

I also wonder whether Gryffindor would end up with all the slackers, because the three other houses seem to have some sort of requirement for the intelligence/dilligence of their students.

And personally, I don't feel like I fit any house particularly well. I'm a little bit of all four.

red13

MBTI Type
INTJ
ENTP, INTP

QUOTE]

INTJ in Slytherin, No No No. I consider myself certainly Clever and Intelligent and maybe, one day, wise. INTJ should be in Ravenclaw, no doubt in mind at all (well there wouldn't be would there?)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:doh: I ended up in Slytherin- I guess falling into the stereotype!

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ

So, here we go:

ENFP, ENFJ, ESTP, ISTP

ENTP, INTP

Rearrange at will!

How about:

Gryffindor: 'brave', 'daring', 'chivalrous': NF

Hufflepuff: 'just', 'loyal', 'hard-working': SJ

Ravenclaw: 'wise', 'clever', 'intelligent': NT

Slytherin: 'cunning', 'ambitious', 'sharp': SP

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
honestly? No correlations at all in houses. Gryfindor has at least one member of every temperment

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Random thought: It seems to me that Gryffindor has a tendency to get everyone who isn't academically strong: both Ravenclaw and Slytherin demand intelligence, and Hufflepuff demands at least hard work... so those of any type who are less inclined to be academic end up in Gryffindor?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the Hogwarts Houses work better with Jung's original interpretations:

Gryffindor corresponds to Feeling, which is said to be a champion for the underdog or fighting for what's right. The house does have an emphasis on loyalty, too.

Ravenclaw corresponds to Thinking, they are said to be wise and intelligent.

Huffelpuff corresponds to Sensing, said to be earthy and laid back (that was Jung's definition of Sensing).

Slytherin corresponds to Intuition, which in Jung's terms, is crafty, resourceful, and deceitful. Slytherin also is the house that has ties to the subconscious, further corresponding to intuition.

Now the thing I don't understand is why Ron and Hermione ended up in Gryffindor. Ron is clearly a Huffelpuff personality and Hermione is clearly Ravenclaw.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As controversial as it sounds, I'm not a big fan of a lot of what Jung says. In fact, the only thing I wholeheartedly agree with is the idea of the individual having eight functions.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How about:

Gryffindor: 'brave', 'daring', 'chivalrous': NF

Hufflepuff: 'just', 'loyal', 'hard-working': SJ

Ravenclaw: 'wise', 'clever', 'intelligent': NT

Slytherin: 'cunning', 'ambitious', 'sharp': SP

I dunno, I still think Gryffindor's key terms sound more similar to SP than NF. With modern type theory, I'm starting to prefer looking at it this way:

Gryffindor: SP

Hufflepuff: SJ

Ravenclaw: NP

Slytherin: NJ

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Right, as a Harry Potter fan, I feel like jumping on to this...

Gryffindor: *S*P, EN*P, *nfj,
Ravenclaw: *NT*, *N*P, *n*j
Hufflepuff: *S*J, **FJ, *nf*
Slytherin: **TJ, *ST*, *nt*

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm probably Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. No way I'm hard working.

O

Oberon

I dunno, but as a writer I greatly admire the character Snape. What a piece of work! He is quite possibly the most interesting character in film in the last decade.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How about these correlations:

ESTJ the only one I couldn't see an ESTJ in is Ravenclaw. I just couldn't see them being that concerned with Te.

ISTJ perhaps all four houses.

ISTP
"

ESTP
most likely Gryffindor/Slytherin.

ESFP
same.

ISFP
not sure I could see Slytherins giving a shit about Fi.

ISFJ
any.

ESFJ
any, except maybe Ravenclaw.

ENFJ
same.

ENFP
any.

INFP
not Gryffindor or Hufflepuff.

INTP
same.