• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hogwarts Houses...

Sunny Ghost

I don't think the houses correlate well with personality types- in particular because Slytherin consists of pure-blood wizards.

However, based on temperament- here would be my guesses.

Ravenclaw: NT/SJ
Hufflepuff: NF/SJ
Gryffindor: NF/SP
Slytherin: NT/SP

I would take any house I get into- having magical powers is cool enough in itself.
I can agree with this model the best. Yes.

Ravenclaw > Hufflepuff = Slytherin > Gryffindor

And another test says Ravenclaw > Gryffindor = Hufflepuff > Slytherin

So I'm pretty sure I'm a Ravenpuff.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i always end up gryffindor/hufflepuff.

i do like hufflepuff. i think it's noble to accept all people and be willing to see they all have their strengths, and not to just pick and choose favorites.

i'd probably end up in gryffindor though. i have a tendency to be a little feisty and... er... bend rules.

but, you know, Ne, all adaptive and shit. i could see myself in any of the houses.

JacktheMotie said:
Gryffindor, a house of the hard hearted and equally hard headed, willing to flush their lives down the toilet the moment their hearts fancy;

yeah that'd be me :doh:

Mondo said:
Ravenclaw: NT/SJ
Hufflepuff: NF/SJ
Gryffindor: NF/SP
Slytherin: NT/SP

I would take any house I get into- having magical powers is cool enough in itself.

:yes:

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/705827/hogwarts-sorting-hat-based-on-myers-briggs-personality-typing

The best Hogwarts house test I have done so far. Found it on PerC (Make sure you select all identical answers).

My result:
You are a RAVENCLAW!
As a Ravenclaw and as an NFP, you value imagination, ideas and intelligence. You are probably somewhat of an individualist and avoid conforming just for its own sake. You are insightful and perceptive, and since you are empathetic and value harmony, you usually try to avoid conflict. Of course, you may enjoy participating in heated debates, but only as long as they remain on an intellectual level and not a personal level. In general, you are open-minded and curious, and set high standards for yourself.

Types of the houses in general:

Gryffindor: ExxP
(value courage, bravery and chivalry)

Slytherin: xNTx
(value ambition, cunning and resourcefulness)

Hufflepuff : xSxJ
(value loyalty, justice and hard-working)

Ravenclaw: INxx
(value intelligence, creativity and imagination)

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My favorite is still the Pottermore sorting hat quiz though:

http://helloquizzy.okcupid.com/tests/the-pottermore-house-sorting-test

Your result for The Pottermore House Sorting Test ...

Ravenclaw

You scored 57% for the Ravenclaw house! Right on!

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."
—Rowena Ravenclaw

Ravenclaw House prizes learning, wisdom, wit, and intellect in its members. Thus, many Ravenclaws tend to be academically motivated and talented students.

I always flip flop between Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

Standuble

On the quizilla test I scored Gryffindor. It was completely obvious what they were typing you as. I decided to ignore the repeated instruction to tick all boxes with the same answer (and just ticked one box for each) and scored STP :huh:

On the helloquizzy test I scored Slytherin (however when returning to the final question and choosing "wise" over "great" I scored Ravenclaw). I prefer that result to the one on the other site.

Verdict: Both tests sucked. They would have scored better had they invested in a "none of the above" response option for at least some of their questions (this was more necessary for the first than the second).

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm late to this, but I don't think trying to correspond MBTI types or Keirsey types to Hogwarts houses makes any sense. Especially not the Keirsey temperaments--they measure completely different things.

I get Ravenclaw for most Hogwarts tests, but I just took the Pottermore quiz (which was supposedly written by Rowling herself), and I got a clear winner of Slytherin :shrug:.

I think it really depends on how you define each of the four houses. For instance, when I hear the word "bravery," the first thing I think of is someone who assesses the possible outcomes of each way they could act, and they realize that the right/best thing to do would be a path that's scary to them. And yet they decide to do that anyway because it's right. I consider myself definitely to be this kind of brave, and I think this defines a lot of my personality . . . . And yet, according to the Pottermore quiz, Gryffindor bravery means being impulsively brave and reckless. Which is not me in the slightest. I'm not impulsive at all and am strategic as hell. In fact, I got a 0 for Gryffindor on that quiz.

So yeah, basically I think the House traits need to be defined better, and I think they don't correspond in any meaningful way to MBTI or the temperaments.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION]
Lol, I got Hufflepuff!
You must really like the smell of parchment to get such a high score on Ravenclaw. :D

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION]
I got Hufflepuff!
You must really like the smell of pergament to get such a high score on Ravenclaw. :D

If I could, I would choose the smell of my lover's shirt with his sweat and some of his cologne... But alas, that option does not exist.

That being said, avvy and siggy do not say Ravenclaw in any way.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Pottermore one is IMO canon, and on that site, I am a Slytherin. But the test on the first page is clever. It gave me Ravenclaw>Slytherin>>Gryffindor>>>>Hufflepuff.

Sunny Ghost

Gryffindor: SP, NF, SJ
Slytherin: NT, NF, SP
Hufflepuff: SJ, SP
Ravenclaw: NT, NF, SJ

Personally, I've always felt I identified with Gryffindor.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Hufflepuff-15
Ravenclaw-14
Gryffindor-12
Slytherin-6

Hello Quizzy
Hufflepuff-68% (again dammit!)
Ravenclaw-57%
Gryffindor-38%
Slytherin-36%

Last edited:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On Stephano's forced choice test: 48% Ravenclaw, 38% Hufflepuff, 60% Slytherin, 41% Gryffindor. These are pretty consistent.

mouse

MBTI Type
isfj
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I always knew I'd be a Hufflepuff.