• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hogwarts Houses...

Sunny Ghost

I agree. I took those house tests on facebook, always got Slytherin, which is also my favorite house, so it all works out. It makes more sense than ENTPs having Ravenclaw as first choice, although it would be my second. I'd say Slytherin>Ravenclaw>Gryffindor>Hufflepuff :yes:

and i always got gryffindor, which is where i want to be. :)

so far, thats the only list i've agreed with.

gromit

likes this
AW MAN.

I didn't read which forum it was in and I thought for some reason it was going to be about people who built houses to look like the inside of Hogwarts (or at least inspired by the HP series), kind of like people who build their own hobbit houses. :D

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Gryffindor
*Commonly all types

Hufflepuff
*Commonly all types

Hufflepuff isn't second rate, nor is it about drinking (although the common room is located in the castle's cellar, near the kitchens.)
Examples of exceptional Hufflepuffs are Cedric Diggory, the Hogwarts Champion during the 1994 Triwizard Tournament, and Nymphadora Tonks, a skilled auror.
This house and its members exemplify honesty, fairness, equality and responsibility to others.

Ravenclaw
*Generally ENTP, INTP, INFP, INTJ, INFJ and ENJs & ISTP less commonly.

I don't think that other sensing types are not intelligent enough, but I think this house probably just favors intuition.
For example, students access the common room by solving a riddle that requires abstract knowledge or thinking.
Also, the founder, Rowena Ravenclaw, came up with the idea for the location of Hogwarts in a dream as well as developed the idea for the castle's ever-changing floorplan.

Slytherin
*Generally ENTJ, ESTJ, INTJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ENTP, ESTP and ISTJ.

As far as I see it, Slytherin, as a community and its individual members, focus on politics, or controlling the external environment with the intention of self-preservation.
I imagine that someone like Salazar Slytherin probably did not trust muggles because their ignorance of magic was directly theatening.
Thus, pure-blood elitism as a trait of Slytherin survived for centuries as a form of self-preservation as well as keeping power within a narrow community.

While other houses may misunderstand the intentions of individuals in Slytherins, I doubt they feel misunderstood or feel like "misfits" as a whole.
Rather, they are more traditional and socially superior group who condemn others.
The somewhat asocial and loathsome temperament of Severus Snape would probably be a typical for Slytherin.
However, methodical and controlling types such as Tom Riddle and Umbridge, and self-promoting types (Rita Skeeter and Horace Slughorn) would be more common.

Individuals of any type could be sorted into Slytherin if they came from pureblood family and/or held elitist values even if that person is not particularly cunning or power-hungry.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
I wanted to be in Slytherin, but I've always tested as Ravenclaw.

In my opinion...
SP - Gryffindor or Slytherin
NT - Ravenclaw or Slytherin
SJ - Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw
NF - Hufflepuff or Gryffindor

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP
Ravenclaw, Becthes! And I did all the tests mentioned on this thread.
Not Hufflepuff for this INFP.

Makes sense really, Hufflepuff is about hard word and stuff no? INFP generally hard workers? I think INFP is much more Ravenclaw-y.

Plus one of the most prominent Ravenclaw characters is Luna Lovegood so em..

SinistralPal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I would say I would want to be sorted in Ravenclaw or Slytherin. They seem like cool folk. The only house I would have to say I would DESPISE being in is Hufflepuff. Gah, I think it would make me wanna cut a bitch.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Makes sense really, Hufflepuff is about hard word and stuff no? INFP generally hard workers? I think INFP is much more Ravenclaw-y.

Plus one of the most prominent Ravenclaw characters is Luna Lovegood so em..

Many INFPs can be hard working, especially if the work is helpful to others.
Also, many INFPs are tolerant, fair and agreeable. Hufflepuff also values equality, not just hardwork, so think I think it's just as likely that an INFP would be in Hufflepuff as Ravenclaw. I guess it's all relative, in the end. It depends on the individuals perceptions and preferences, perhaps.

thecaitiffchoir

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm ENTP and Gryffindor. Two ENTPs in the books, James Potter and Sirius Black, are Gryffindors as well.

Lily Evans was most likely an INFJ and she was a Gryffindor. Most types can go to more than one house, but I'd say that virtually all INTJs are Slytherins.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I remember back in the day when my friends and I were going through our Harry Potter phase. I was a slytherin... I guess that fits the stereotype here. (Or at least the OP's theory.)

PS: "S.A.N.E: Slytherins Are Not Evil"

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would say I would want to be sorted in Ravenclaw or Slytherin. They seem like cool folk. The only house I would have to say I would DESPISE being in is Hufflepuff. Gah, I think it would make me wanna cut a bitch.

LoL! The name "Hufflepuff" doesn't sound very fierce. Kind of like Gigglypuff on Super Smash brothers. It's just a big pink thing that puffs up as it's weapon and then falls asleep. It doesn't fit in with everyone else.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't think the houses correlate well with personality types- in particular because Slytherin consists of pure-blood wizards.

However, based on temperament- here would be my guesses.

Ravenclaw: NT/SJ
Hufflepuff: NF/SJ
Gryffindor: NF/SP
Slytherin: NT/SP

I would take any house I get into- having magical powers is cool enough in itself.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd probably be a Ravenclaw, or a Slytherin. maybe Gryffindor.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Your in-depth results are:

Ravenclaw - 12
Slytherin - 12
Gryffindor - 9
Hufflepuff - 7

thus you're all wrong and NFs DO belong in Ravenclaw dammit

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
LoL! The name "Hufflepuff" doesn't sound very fierce. Kind of like Gigglypuff on Super Smash brothers. It's just a big pink thing that puffs up as it's weapon and then falls asleep. It doesn't fit in with everyone else.

You have to find out what 'Puff' means in german and you want to be one of them :D

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Your in-depth results are:

Ravenclaw - 12
Slytherin - 12
Gryffindor - 9
Hufflepuff - 7

thus you're all wrong and NFs DO belong in Ravenclaw dammit

Yeah, but you're an ENFP 3, that's different, and why you scored high on Slytherin.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Gryffindor - 13
Ravenclaw - 12
Hufflepuff - 11
Slytherin - 8

Here you have an INFP Gryffindor!

Sunny Ghost

Okay, I had to start this one. They seem to sort the kiddies at Hogwarts into houses based on singular personality traits, so I was curious to see if it would be possible to allocate a house for every type. And whether that would end up with terribly lopsided numbers.

So, here we go:

Gryffindor: 'brave', 'daring', 'chivalrous' (disregard for the rules?)
ENFP, ENFJ, ESTP, ISTP

Hufflepuff: 'just', 'loyal', 'hard-working'
INFP, INFJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ISFJ

Ravenclaw: 'wise', 'clever', 'intelligent'
ENTP, INTP

Slytherin: 'cunning', 'ambitious', 'sharp'
ENTJ, INTJ, ESTJ, ESFP, ISFP

Rearrange at will!

ISFP in slytherin???? :shock:

Harry is definitely an ISFP, btw... and both ISFP and ISTP I've heard deemed the "Hero" type.