• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

istp writers

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
surely this is under-represented.

so far speculations have led to robert pirsig and possibly ted hughes. who else?

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ted Hughes
P G Wodehouse
Frank Miller
Raymond Chandler

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Not a type that's naturally drawn to writing though, surely?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

drawn to music and film but not writing? what do istps do other than drug dealing and professoring? i imagine the istp 5s would be as likely as any other to take up these projects.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
chuck palauhsdfhjkewrjuionik?

I think he's an intuitive actually. Not gonna lay any basis for my claim, but from what I've heard...

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've seen him typed as infp but i kinda like istp as a typing for him. part of me thinks that makes sense. i think istps are more often mistyped for N than any other type.

there's a definite brashness that i seem to recognize in many istps. i'm interested to hear how irvine welsh is infp as well.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
I've read that Mickey Spillane is an ISTP. Raymond Chandler is likely. Also, Dashiell Hammett perhaps. Another is Ian Flemming so I've heard. I assume most of them write crime novels, or maybe espionage/military novels/bio's.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
drawn to music and film but not writing? what do istps do other than drug dealing and professoring? i imagine the istp 5s would be as likely as any other to take up these projects.

When I was at middle school, we have to write wording and little stories, I had everytime between 15/20 and 18/20 and was the best in class. Teachers sayd my writing were "very good". But I guess it worked so good because I was reacting to external stimualtions and sending mission with specific guidelines and specific goals. Excited by these success, I've wondered to write more outside the school. But that does'nt wok because I had no patience to stay sit on a chair for hours writing without concrete goals ar learning of skills. Moreover, I was just 11-14 years old and was'nt enough mature. So I've abandoned.

By the way, Frank Miller is a total ISTP, yeah:yes:

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
Tim Ferriss, author of 4 Hour Work Week, is one that comes to mind.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Sylvester Stallone :) he have written a couple of scripts

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Goerge Lucas wrote the amazing Star Wars saga, and anyway, I would guess that he could be ISTP 5w4 sx/sp.
570_George-Lucas--Star-Wars--Episode-7-role-explained-5598.jpg

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been reading Jack London lately and he seems like some kind of SP, although I'm not entirely sure which one.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Charles Bukowski? He seems like an introverted Heminqway to me.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I actually love writing fiction. And I've had a lot of very positive feedback on short stuff I've published on the internet. If only I was any good at finishing things I reckon I'd be fucking dangerous.