• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Patrick Stewart

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nooo, Picard is INTJ, Patrick is ENTJ (IMO)

P.S. Wondered where you'd gone, thought you'd dropped off the face of the earth!!

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Nooo, Picard is INTJ, Patrick is ENTJ (IMO)

P.S. Wondered where you'd gone, thought you'd dropped off the face of the earth!!

Well, I was refering to Patrick the actor, I'd also agree with Picard beeing INTJ.

Personally, I was busy moving to another city and getting used to my new job, so did not have much time or energy to post on internet forums

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I'd have thought that Piccard was more likely to be an F than a T actually. He's naturally good with people and the whole business thing seems to be more likely to be his game face.

As for Patrick Stewart, too relaxed to be an ENTJ I think... but I'm basing this on minimal experience of the guy.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think we can all agree he's not SJ; what with his "erotic cakes" SNL skit and voice-over roles on American Dad... :D

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Patrick Stewart is definitely an xNTJ. Picard, along with practically every other character Patrick plays, is an INTJ.

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
picard.jpg

I don't know the actor well enough to give any other input. :3 Though, I'm almost inclined to go with the ENFP. The little bit I've seen of his sense of humor makes me think that for some reason.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely INTJ for Picard as a character. He is a particularly inspiring one though, as he does show himself as someone who is exceptionally well fit for the position, including his ability to deal with others (big part of being a leader). Doubt I'd consider the character an F-type though... just note his aversion to dealing with children and other family matters.

Can't really speak for Patrick himself, as I've not really seen any interviews or anything else from him outside of ST:TNG and X-Men.

Anentropic IxTx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Really? You sure? Why?

I because of his reservedness.
N because of his instinctive convictions.
T because - it's evident! and his extreme self-control.
J because he's not easily convinced...
although I guess he could also be and IST[J/P] then. Reminds me of Scully, suddenly ;)

EmQ

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Patrick Stewart is definitely a default ENFJ in CPT; his convergent FeSe is evident. Remember Fe doesn't equate to a huggy kissy type at all; Fe doms are by far more serious. He also has a fully integrated Ti & it's clear he's an abstract cerebral thinker - TiNi divergence. Contrary to MBTI stereotypes Ti is by far from inferior in the ENFJ but exists on an inextricable axis with Fe; Fe acts at the behest of Ti agenda hence why people may confuse him as an ENTJ indeed the ENFJ is actually really the thinking type as TiNi is the bedrock of their cognition. I'd recommend checking out Cognitive Personality Theory for clarification. I see Jean Luc as an ISTJ; he certainly doesn't display convergent Ni-Fi as an INTJ does. The INTJ has a limibically imbued intense inner world full of symbolism & existential meaning as their Fi acts at the behest of an Ni agenda. Jean Luc is an example of an ISTJ with a fully integrated Ne.

EmQ

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I because of his reservedness.
N because of his instinctive convictions.
T because - it's evident! and his extreme self-control.
J because he's not easily convinced...
although I guess he could also be and IST[J/P] then. Reminds me of Scully, suddenly ;)
I'd do away with the MBTI dichotomies & check out Cognitive Personality Theory; I've been typed as a divergent ENFJ meaning I'm a thinking type as my TiNi is the pairing I possess in the highest conscious magnitude. Picard is a fully integrated ISTJ with regards his Ne; his Si-Fi convergence is very evident. Intuition does not equate to instinctive convictions - that's his Fi agency function. Ni is simply the macroscopic perception of internally perceived reality whereas Si is the microscopic perception. What gives Jean Luc away as an ISTJ is his holistic cerebral thinking Te-Ne, basically he is able to manage & traverse a number of objective components & align these in objective reality; that in part is what makes him a great captain and the strength of his Fi convictions. INTJs tend to have a strong notion of self but their values are not as cemented as ISTJs. We have to remember that we're all composites of thinking & feeling so it's not 'clear' so to speak that he's a thinking type indeed he's played by an ENFJ actor with a highly integrated Ti oppositional function where TiNi is the bedrock of their cognition.

EmQ

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
5w6
YouTube - Patrick Stewart interview - Parkinson - BBC

If this helps. I don't see ESTJ.

Incidently, I saw him in the theatre as Prospero in The Tempest. He was very good. :)

I'm leaning ENTx, but if he is a Sensor, he's an ESTJ.
ENFJs can have a heck of TeNe impression dip in cognitive personality theory. I think it's evident that he has a very directive FeSe and his thinking is clearly cerebral and abstract- TiNi like that of the ENFJ. His Fe appears to act at the behest of a Ti agenda. I can't see him being an ENFP as he doesn't appear to be an Fi authority type; they tend to have very firm/immovable values & opinions whereas he is much more exploratory.

EmQ

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
5w6
ENFJs can have a heck of TeNe impression dip in cognitive personality theory. I think it's evident that he has a very directive FeSe and his thinking is clearly cerebral and abstract- TiNi like that of the ENFJ. His Fe appears to act at the behest of a Ti agenda. I can't see him being an ENFP as he doesn't appear to be an Fi authority type; they tend to have very firm/immovable values & opinions whereas he is much more exploratory.
Ps hence why I can see where you're coming from re ESTJ as extroverted ENFJs can look like ESTJs on occasion