• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Wire

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I saw McNulty as an ENTP, and Stringer as a well balanced ESTP.

I could see Stringer as an ESTP also. ENTJs and ESTPs can look alike. He just seemed a little too sedate to be an ESTP.

I saw that as tertiary Fe, and felt that he was actually better around people than you give him credit for, he was just influencing people with Ne most of the time, as I saw it. I see Fe, as interactions and negotiation on an emotional level between people.

I think he's good around people, just that his personal values are more important to him than the values of others. Allowing a murderer to get in his car with his kids and then making his tired and scared kids wait in a police station while he questioned said murderer is just one example. Using his kids to follow a drug kingpin and then losing them is another. His values come first, and he seems to run on pure "gut" reactions with little or no thought to the outcome of the situation or what is good for other people. He's a thrill-seeker who is married to his job and the sense of purpose it gives him.

I could never see him as an ENTP.

Kanamori

I think he's good around people, just that his personal values are more important to him than the values of others. Allowing a murderer to get in his car with his kids and then making his tired and scared kids wait in a police station while he questioned said murderer is just one example. Using his kids to follow a drug kingpin and then losing them is another. His values come first, and he seems to run on pure "gut" reactions with little or no thought to the outcome of the situation or what is good for other people. He's a thrill-seeker who is married to his job and the sense of purpose it gives him.

I could never see him as an ENTP.

Hmm... alcoholism probably is responsible for a lot of that, and on second thought I think he might be too single-minded about catching criminals to be any sort of normal P, but J doesn't seem to fit either. I'm not sure anymore.

Also:
D'Angelo - ISFJ
Avon - some sort of F

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hmm... alcoholism probably is responsible for a lot of that, and on second thought I think he might be too single-minded about catching criminals to be any sort of normal P, but J doesn't seem to fit either. I'm not sure anymore.

Also:
D'Angelo - ISFJ
Avon - some sort of F

I definitely see D'Angelo as an IxFx. For me, it's harder to tell with introverted feelers. Avon totally seems ExFJ to me. He seems to lead with Fe.

As far as McNulty, sensors tend to be seem more J-ish than their intuitive counterparts.

I'm still leaning toward ESFP for him, but could also see ESTP although I don't think he has a well-developed Fe, or even Ti for that matter. And he just doesn't seem like he has a preference for T. He shows his explosive emotion way too often. But like I said, it's hard to tell with alcoholics - we can agree on that much.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Kanamori, I think you are right on Avon's F, even though I didn't say it initially. His feeling is one of his strong contrasts to Stringer. I also think there's a divide between the two of them in terms of Sensing and Intuiting.

I guess for Avon I might go into the xSFJ area.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Great show.

One of my very favorites.

What do you guys think Bunk is?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Also, this is the first thread I ever started on this Forum, bumped back up on the exact day I have been a member for exactly one year! Coincidence?!

Almost definitely.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Chris Partlow anyone?

INFP?

I fail to see this. He has one real outburst of emotion. Yes, he has the feeling function (like everyone) but it's very deeply buried. Only jumps up at traumatic childhood memories (Simon confirmed some adult was . . . improper with Chris). He's I and T for sure. He's tough, he keeps so quiet. The I and the T are certain to me. Everything else... I don't know. In his way, he can be seen as SJ. Ex-military man (again, Simon confirmed) and resolutely loyal to Marlo's word, but he's also got some N traits to me. Damn. He's rough.

Omar i change my mind: INTJ like Freamon and Marlo.

McNulty: ESTP

Omar's also kinda hard. Maybe it's just a sign of how full these characters are that they are so difficult to type but also never inconsistent. I think Omar is an F raised in a hard world.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i feel like omar is so awesome he transcends type.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
McNulty ESTP
Bunk ESFP
Kima ISTP
Herc ISFP
Carver ESFJ
Freamon INFJ
Daniels ENTJ
Prez ISFP
Omar INFP
Bubbles ESFP
Jay ENTP
D'Angelo INFP
Rawls ESTJ
Burrell ENFJ
Rhonda ENFJ

Last edited:

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
McNulty ESTP
Bunk ESFP / ESFJ
Kima ISTP
Herc SFP
Freamon INFJ
Daniels xNTJ
Prez ISFP
Omar ISTP / INFP
Bubbles ESFP
Jay ENTP
D'Angelo IxFP
Rawls ESTJ
Pearlman ESFJ
Burrell ENFJ

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
"The boys in blue who..."
  • McNulty ESTP
    Bunk ESFP​
  • Prez ISFP
  • Freamon INFJ
  • Pearlman ESFJ
  • Carver ESFJ
    Herc ISTJ​
  • Kima ISTP
    Bubbles ESFP​
  • Bunny Colvin ENTx
  • Daniels ESTJ
Heart of the City (Ain't No Love)
  • Avon ENFJ
    Wee Bay ISTP
    Cutty ISTJ​
  • Stringer ENTJ
  • D'Angelo INFJ
    Boadie ISTP
    Poot ESFP
    Wallace ISFP​
Guilty Until Proven Innocent
  • Prop Joe INTP
    Cheese ESTP​
  • Vondas INTJ
    Sobotka ENFJ​
  • Omar ISTP
  • Marlo INTJ
    Snoop ESTP
    Chris ISTP
    Michael ISTJ​
"Politics as Usual..."
  • BurrellENFJ
  • Rawls ESTJ
  • Carcetti ENFJ
  • Clay Davis ESTP
"...portrait of Young"
  • Randy ENTP
  • Namond ENFP
  • Dukie ISFP
  • Kenard ESTP

R

Riva

McNulty- ENTP

Admittedly, some of mine might be equally ridiculous. Make of them what you will.
Thank God you noticed yourself.

I saw McNulty as an ENTP, and Stringer as a well balanced ESTP.
OMG!
You should probably keep away from typing people.
Mac an ENTP, Stringer an ESTP?
I could hear the dead ENTPs kicking and screaming in their graves.

I saw that as tertiary Fe, and felt that he was actually better around people than you give him credit for, he was just influencing people with Ne most of the time, as I saw it. I see Fe, as interactions and negotiation on an emotional level between people.
It is Se Fe which is seen that you've confused with Ne.
Influencing people has nothing to do with Ne. That is horrible typing.
Making connections maybe yes.

And Mac influences people with Se not Ne at all.
The persuasion tactics are clearly Se aggression of pushing people to get things done than motivating them by making relations which is Ne.
Infact I never so even a hint of Ne in him throughout the show.