• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing figure skaters

FaithBW

MBTI Type
INFP
There are two figure skaters in particular who I tried to type but not quite. There are tons of other skaters but these two seems to really interest in terms of mbti for some reason.

The first is Johnny Weir.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdgrxZ6x6Aw"]Trailer for Pop Star on Ice-Documentary[/YOUTUBE]
exhibition program to Lady Gaga's Poker Face
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWlj1CVZpSs&feature=related"]Interview with ESPN[/YOUTUBE]
Long Program to Dr. Zhivago

I'm almost certain that he is an Extrovert. He tends to speak before or while thinking, which leads to his saying things which are extremely controversial. He also seems to want attention a lot. I'm not sure if he is an N or S. From his interviews and skating programs, I'm honestly not sure.

As for F or T, I'm definitely leaning towards F. He really dislikes the current judging system which judges each individual skating elements (and comes up with mathematical scores) as opposed to the old 6.0 which took skating programs as a whole. He also seems very concerned with the overall look of his programs as opposed to dissecting his programs element by element.

I also cannot figure out the last letter for him. So I have him pegged as ExFx.

The other skater is Jeremy Abbott.

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhFOSwKCIUE&feature=related]Long Program[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL7gE4FHRlA&feature=related]Interview[/YOUTUBE]
Exhibition to At This Moment sing by Michael Buble

Most days, I think he is an Introvert. His programs tend to be very introspective and understated. Also, during interviews he is very reflective. He also tends to pause a lot before answering questions which would indicate that he is processing his answers before actually saying them.

I think he is an N as opposed to an S but that is related to the next letter in his type, which I think is an F. He seems to reflect on his personal feelings when talking about his programs. He actually dumped one of his programs this season because it didn't feel right and decided to replace it with another. He also left his long time coach because he felt the relationship was no longer working. Also, he seems idealistic which would lead to me to think he is an NF.

I'm pretty certain he is a P since he has said that he had to force himself to focus on his training, he has to force himself to focus on each individual element during his program and he had a dirty room before living on his own. In other words, he has to force himself to be organized instead of it coming naturally. So I think he is an INFP.

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
At a glance, Johnny Weir seems ESFP - the consummate flamboyant, controversial performer. From what I know, he didn't used to train thoroughly enough and his coach had to kind of whip him into shape - that sounds like a P who needs external pressure to keep them in check. I guess I'm not too sure about the S vs. N ... ENFPs could probably also be as flamboyant as ESFPs.

I don't know much about Jeremy Abbott. :/

What are your thoughts on other skaters?

Evan Lysacek seems like some kind of SJ considering his amazing work ethic.

FaithBW

MBTI Type
INFP
At a glance, Johnny Weir seems ESFP - the consummate flamboyant, controversial performer. From what I know, he didn't used to train thoroughly enough and his coach had to kind of whip him into shape - that sounds like a P who needs external pressure to keep them in check. I guess I'm not too sure about the S vs. N ... ENFPs could probably also be as flamboyant as ESFPs.

I don't know much about Jeremy Abbott. :/

What are your thoughts on other skaters?

Evan Lysacek seems like some kind of SJ considering his amazing work ethic.

Yeah, I definitely think Lysacek is a SJ. I'm thinking ESxJ. I'm not sure if he is a T or a F. I also think Rachael Flatt is a SJ (ISTJ). She seems rather understated and introverted in general. She doesn't seem to demand attention like say Mirai Nagasu. She is also an extremely hard worker (tons of AP classes in addition to training) and the media focuses on her academic achievements. Yet many skating fans complain that she is "boring", which seems to be a common criticism of ISTJs.

Here are some types for other skaters:

Mirai Nagasu: ESxP
Yu-Na Kim: ISFJ
Takahiko Kozuka: INTJ
Patrick Chan: ESFJ or ENFJ (?)
Yevgeni Plushenko: ENTJ (?)