• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
KarenO.jpg

I love that band (even if I less like their last album).

My guessing:

Karen O= ISFP
Nick Zinner= ISFJ
Brian Chase= INFJ

What's your mind?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'd go ESFP for Karen.
ISFJ sounds good for Nick.
I think Brian is an NP of some sort. INTP maybe?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think ISFP for Karen also...she's very mellow and reserved off stage.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think ISFP for Karen also...she's very mellow and reserved off stage.

Yes she's very reserved though she does'nt seem to really have some inhibitions in anyway.

Brian chase is an IN for sure, but I don't think he's INTP. He's very organised and sensitive in my mind, INFJ seems a better match.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yes she's very reserved though she does'nt seem to really have some inhibitions in anyway.

Brian chase is an IN for sure, but I don't think he's INTP. He's very organised and sensitive in my mind, INFJ seems a better match.

Yep, reserved doesn't necessarily mean she's not extroverted. She seems more like an ESFP personality wise. I know some pretty shy and mild ones. Almost positive she's not NFP because she uses the word "dude" :).

Not sure with Brian. Maybe INFP then. He's in that zone.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep, reserved doesn't necessarily mean she's not extroverted. She seems more like an ESFP personality wise. I know some pretty shy and mild ones. Almost positive she's not NFP because she uses the word "dude" :).

Lol, NFPs are supposed to not use the word "dude", that's interesting.:laugh: But I think you're right, I've never heard one tell that word. Finally, I think like you that Karen O is actually ESFP. She have really the getting-things-going interaction style, she has done the impulse of the creation of the band by taking the initiative to make meet the 2 others members. She's the leader of the band, and ESFP have a strong leaning to lead, but ISFPs a very weak. On the video below, she's the one who speak the most. She remember me another ESFP I know.

[youtube=5QAb19oa-qE]Yeah Yeah Yeahs Interview on 4play- Part 2[/youtube]

Brian chase does'nt seem INFP. He's rather an INFJ, he's chart-the-course and consistent in his speech. He's a man who prefers to still focus on one thing rather than disperse his energy or his attention.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Almost positive she's not NFP because she uses the word "dude" :).

I'm an ENFP and I say dude. So does Silly Sapienne from what I've observed on this forum.

Clearly the possibility of internalizing the speech patterns of long-term SP ex-boyfriends has never occurred to you.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm an ENFP and I say dude. So does Silly Sapienne from what I've observed on this forum.

Clearly the possibility of internalizing the speech patterns of long-term SP ex-boyfriends has never occurred to you.

Hmmm... I never considered that SS's type might be wrong. It does make some sense though.

magil

MBTI Type
EXFP
I'm not sure but I know that my INTP sister loves them so maybe the song writer (Karen?) is an INTP.
or is that too much of a stretch? :p

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not sure but I know that my INTP sister loves them so maybe the song writer (Karen?) is an INTP.

That's silly. I like lots of bands in which the songwriter or lead singer are a different type from me.

Using your logic, Karen O is an ENFP because I like Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Then she's an INfJ because one of my friends really digs them. Also, my e/iSFP ex loves them, so apparently they're right on the money with the dude-related SFP guesses. :wacko:

I still can't believe these guys are trying to determine type over usage of slang.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's silly. I like lots of bands in which the songwriter or lead singer are a different type from me.

Using your logic, Karen O is an ENFP because I like Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Then she's an INfJ because one of my friends really digs them. Also, my e/iSFP ex loves them, so apparently they're right on the money with the dude-related SFP guesses. :wacko:

I still can't believe these guys are trying to determine type over usage of slang.

Hell, yeah. Karen O must be an ISTP, elsewhere, she uses the word "dude" and I also use it. That's a proof!

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
lead singer strikes me as very NF-ish

dont know them well though

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have now formed an opinion that Brian Chase is INFP and Nick Zinner is ISFJ.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWoclCwAm6Y"]interview[/YOUTUBE]

In this interview they say they've been awake for an hour - INFP Brian Chase looks like he's been awake for maybe five minutes. I definitely see more of an SJ demeanor (Si) in Nick Zinner in this particular interview, where all I could get from other interviews I watched was Aux Fe/ IxFJ.

Oh, and of course Karen O is ISFP.