• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weezer

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
is the lead singer not a blatant INxP

Im guessing INTP :yes:

weezer121.jpg

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oooooh! oooooooh! I love rivers......He's def odd and a rare bird. I've thought a lot about this and read his interviews......and I don't know.

He was raised in a commune-type culture as his parents were sort-of educated hippies, I believe.

He lived a rock star lifestyle and shunned it to take up Buddhism for a while, secluding himself and living a celebate lifestyle.

In the early days of being a rock star he lived in an apt with hardly any furniture and doesn't seem to care much about his furnishings, looks, etc.

He Loves Green Day. :) But doesn't follow pop culture or even much other music, I don't think.

He married his long-term Japanese gf, who was a friend/pen pal of his for like 8 years prior.

He eschews romantic love.

He doesn't get along particularly well with his band.

He's extremely prolific musically.

He went to university for a while to get his degree, over several years, while he was simultaneously recording music.

He's explained that while he was able to get laid easily, he's had problems with ltr not working out, and has problems relating intimately sometimes.

Just stuff I've picked up on the fly about him.

I.....X.....F......P

Dom: Ne? or Fi?
Aux: Fi? or Se?

My best guess, fwiw.

edit: that love part sounds T doesn't it? :doh:

IxTP?

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
He lived a rock star lifestyle and shunned it to take up Buddhism for a while, secluding himself and living a celebate lifestyle.

In the early days of being a rock star he lived in an apt with hardly any furniture and doesn't seem to care much about his furnishings, looks, etc.

He Loves Green Day. :) But doesn't follow pop culture or even much other music, I don't think.

He married his long-term Japanese gf, who was a friend/pen pal of his for like 8 years prior.

He eschews romantic love.

He doesn't get along particularly well with his band.

He's explained that while he was able to get laid easily, he's had problems with ltr not working out, and has problems relating intimately sometimes.

The bolded all sounds extremely NT.

Especially the part about living in the apartment with hardly any furniture and not caring about the funishing/looks... Screams NTP to me.

So does the part about secluding himself and also having issues with ltr and relating intimately.

I'm baffled how someone (ie. you) could know so much about him and still not come to the conclusion he's NT

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The bolded all sounds extremely NT.

Especially the part about living in the apartment with hardly any furniture and not caring about the funishing/looks... Screams NTP to me.

So does the part about secluding himself and also having issues with ltr and relating intimately.

I'm baffled how someone (ie. you) could know so much about him and still not come to the conclusion he's NT

Yeah, it does sound pretty INTP. I just have immense respect for the S, man. The N/S dichotomy always is a tough one for me, judging it in others........Yet I'm still not capitulating about Rivers just yet. :)

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, it does sound pretty INTP. I just have immense respect for the S, man. The N/S dichotomy always is a tough one for me, judging it in others........Yet I'm still not capitulating about Rivers just yet. :)

*shrug*

Usually the hardest to pick out at first... but the most obvious once you get to know someone.

Ni is sometimes hard to notice but NJs will surely say something about themselves for you to :doh: and realize they're NJ..... Ne, OTOH..I seem to pick out almost instantly in others. Probably because I have the same function.

"In the Garage" was a song that struck me as pretty NT, though I haven't heard it in awhile. He even has that weirdo NT look in his eyes too

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Likely Enneagram type 5w4...... which is pretty typical for intp's.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Certainly a 5w4, but a t would write the songs he has? No way.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i've always felt like if i was a guy, i'd be like rivers, lol... so i guess he's INFP/INTP like me :D