• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

before sunrise/sunset

Chloe

I say ENFJ for Jesse because he does not strike me as reserved in the least. Yes, he is not obnoxiously outgoing or intense, but that can be a false stereotype. Fe-doms often are good at being appropriate to the situation. He initiates conversation with a strange, attractive woman on a train - let's poll some INFx men and see how many would do that (outside of their imagination). He's got the trademark ENFJ charm. He convinces a bartender to give him a free bottle of wine, by basically appealing to some emotional feeling he knows this guy must be familiar with, as everyone is familiar with it in some way - Fe knows this.
O really? I didnt think INFX men, if confident, wouldnt talk with random stranger in the train. Hm. You wouldnt talk to random stranger in the train?

Anyway... contrary to probably opinion of majority.. I dont find acting in this movie good. Movie(s) is cool. Very. But I think their actng was over the top.
And yeah, started to watch part 2 (actually part one but i watched first before sunset)... and yeah he seems very ENFJ.

Finally, he reminds me of many ENFJ men I've known, which is not much of an argument, but it's all too uncanny for me to dismiss personally :D.

you soo want to jump his bones. ;)

the Disney character? I don't relate to any Disney character myself.... :D

yeah, disney. well i relate to pochahontas because i'd really really like to live somewhere like that haha

Chloe

You are right she's an NFP. It would be hard to determine if she's I vs. E. Also, enfj are so Extravert that enfp could seem like an introvert. I know that from experience. Whenever I'm around my enfj friend, I become an introvert. Her enneagram type could play a part, I don't know.

ENFJs i know are v social but also tend to be more quiet people than i expect them to be. but very E all together.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
ENFJs i know are v social but also tend to be more quiet people than i expect them to be. but very E all together.

Yeah my enfj can be quiet around people he don't know well. But when he's with people he knows he's so E.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
O really? I didnt think INFX men, if confident, wouldnt talk with random stranger in the train. Hm. You wouldnt talk to random stranger in the train?

Hell no, I wouldn't......I am not a guy though. But there are way too many INFx men online bemoaning their own passivity with initiating romantic relationships....

Anyway... contrary to probably opinion of majority.. I dont find acting in this movie good. Movie(s) is cool. Very. But I think their actng was over the top/

Blasphemy! :azdaja:

:alttongue:

you soo want to jump his bones. ;)

:whistling:

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Bumping this to see if anyone has thoughts on the characters' types after Before Midnight. As for me, I'm sticking with ENFP Celine and ENFJ Jesse. Love this trilogy so much.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bumping this to see if anyone has thoughts on the characters' types after Before Midnight. As for me, I'm sticking with ENFP Celine and ENFJ Jesse. Love this trilogy so much.

yup. she a 7w8 enfp sx/so, he an enfj 3w4 sx/so.

Chancelade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He initiates conversation with a strange, attractive woman on a train - let's poll some INFx men and see how many would do that (outside of their imagination).

I wouldn't have a problem with this, did it before numerous times.

Did anybody else see their relationship in "Before Midnight" very one-sided (as in: Celine being in a crisis and possibly trying to push Jesse back with Jesse trying to keep her)? The dynamic was very different from the first two movies.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Did anybody else see their relationship in "Before Midnight" very one-sided (as in: Celine being in a crisis and possibly trying to push Jesse back with Jesse trying to keep her)? The dynamic was very different from the first two movies.

Yeah I saw it and felt the same way. I much more enjoyed the first two.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

This is what I saw the first time, but I rewatched it last night and feel that it's really a quite layered film. It's easy to say that Celine is jumping to conclusions and being irrational when she, for example, accuses Jesse of trying to uproot their lives and move them to Chicago before he says a single word about it. But I think she just knows him and the (probably from her perspective somewhat manipulative) Fe ENFJ way he has about him, wherein he will eventually get her to that point before she knows what's happened. So she jumps ahead and calls him out on it, seeming kind of crazy, but I think his actions later in the movie (i.e. the hotel scene) where it comes up again sort of prove that she was right. He would have eventually brought it up, but in a much subtler and more convincing way. The first time I watched, I identified much more with Jesse and saw Celine's behavior representing a crisis. Watching it a second time, I see two people who know one another's ways very, very well, and might have this kind of encounter somewhat routinely. While she's definitely a little nuts, Celine is cast in the role of "the crazy one" partly because Jesse presents himself so well and is much subtler in the way he communicates (and wins arguments). I love that Celine enters and leaves the hotel room several times, wanting to make sure that she gets the last word and he can't write her off as being crazy. It was also much easier to see the love that's between them the second time around -- my first viewing of Before Midnight was a fairly anxiety-provoking experience seeing so much anger between characters I've grown to love.

I have such an appreciation for this most recent film as a female INFJ who's in a long-term relationship with an INFP partner. While we don't fight often, when we do, I can definitely see elements of what's going on between Jesse and Celine in this movie.

beachpeach

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Julie Delphy as Celine is ENFP - an Advocate Idealist. I very much empathize with her as an INFP, but her job is more in the realm of Advocate.