• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Princess and the Frog

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Yay! I liked that movie.

Tiana: ESfJ
Naveen: EsFP
Dr. Facilier: ESTP
Charlotte (the friend): ESFP
Ray (the bug): XXFP
Louis (the alligator): ISFP

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I already started a thread on this but I think I would say that Tiana is ISTJ and Naveen is ESFP.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really relate to Tiana. The way that she interacts with Naveen and bosses him around seems Te/Si to me. Plus, most of her decisions seem to me to be T and not F. So I'd either say ISTJ or ESTJ.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I havent seen this movie yet.... but arent most of the disney princesses NFs?

my guesses:
pochantus: enfj
jasmine: enfp
ariel: enfp
cinderella: infj
aurora: infp
belle: infp
meg: xnfj

so why on earth is this one estj?

thats not romantic and wistful and all things disney one bit.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She's very different from other Disney princesses. For starters, she's not a princess for most of the movie. She's a waitress, and her dream is to open a restaurant. She's called, at different times in the movie, a "killjoy" and a "stick in the mud", and she values hard work far more than having fun. Most of her decisions are made with her goals in mind, and not based on emotion, specifically, and unlike NFs, even though she has a big dream, she works actively and pragmatically to make it happen in a realistic way. When she's not thinking about her past or her dream, her head is always planted firmly on the ground and on the goals at hand. That's why I think she's an xSTJ.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
^This makes me want to see it. Is there an annoyingly long end where they explain the value of friendship, like in Charlotte's Web?

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
I agree that Tiana is xSTJ ... I was thinking ISTJ because she seems fairly reserved around people unless they're actively impeding her in some way (like Naveen was once they got stuck together) but maybe that's not the best way to judge the E/I split.

gigi_xo - I think Disney was trying to actively subvert their own stereotypes which is why Tiana is so much more practical than previous Disney heroines. And for me at least, it worked well in this movie! :)

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I dont like it

princess and restaurateur? I don't like it, I mean I like female independence & all that, but I think that a pragmatic and stubborn princess is anti- genre, and out of place :(

but I guess I haven't seen it yet...

anyway, long live old school disney princessees <3

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^This makes me want to see it. Is there an annoyingly long end where they explain the value of friendship, like in Charlotte's Web?
Nope! The moral of the story is that what you need and what you want are often very different things, and getting what you need is going to make you happier in the long run. But they don't preach it at you that much.

I highly recommend it. If/when I have kids, I'm showing them that movie as much as I show them the other Disney classics, because the message(s) are so good, and Tiana is the best female role model of any Disney film EVER (besides Mulan and Belle, maybe).

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I think Belle is the best role model....

she's all about intellect, loyalty, love, and acceptance.

thats what I want to teach my babies. theyll learn to be practical later in life. I want to teach them Belle's values when they're little, let them focus on the fun stuff.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Charlotte reminds me of any airhead EnFP

and i adore her

why is tiana so frikken serious? blehhh

Naveen is hilarious <3

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She's the only xxTx princess ever made. Makes me happy, although the super intense SJ in her makes me quiver, I'm assuming that's what she is. :D

Plus I'd say Ray's an ENFP.

marmaladeskies

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w4
I always saw Prince Naveen as an ENFP. He's constantly dreaming about the day that he becomes rich, a definite NF trait. He also seems very imaginative to me and not really concerned with what other people (except, of course, Tiana) think, and makes huge and impractical promises to people that, had this not been a Disney movie, he probably wouldn't be able to keep. He's definitely a dreamer, I honestly can't see him as an S.
And I know sensors have a reputation to be a little more shallow, but this is probably a result of him being spoiled and sheltered his entire life. By the end of the movie, he's selflessly giving up his own happiness so Tiana can have her dream.
Besides, if Tiana's an INTJ (and I haven't read what you guys have said about her yet, that's just from my own personal assumption), it works well, because INTJ's and ENFP's match well.

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Tiana - ISTJ. She didn't have a creative bone in her body but she was extremely diligent and hardworking. Si is pretty much her governing function in the movie.
Naveen - ESFP. I see him as an ESFP because he was more interested in just taking things easy and going with the flow. He didn't ponder too much about what could be or much about anything.
Charlotte - ESFJ. Bossy, controlling, funny, and just plain hyper.
Dr. Facilier - ESTP. Typical snake oil salesman. Deduces what he can from the way people look and carry themselves and comes up with a way to trick them into giving him what he wants.
Louis - ESFP. Pretty much a more neurotic version of Naveen.
Ray - ENFP. The only N from the main group. Has big and far out dreams.
Lawrence - ISFJ. Typical butler type character. Easily manipulated.
Mama Odie - xNFJ. I can't tell whether she's an E or I, but she's the only other N in the movie. Able to read people easily and come up with crazy things to push them on the path she thinks is right for them.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tiana- ISTJ 1w9-2w3-6w7 so/sp

Naveen- ExFP 7w8-3w4-9w8 sx/so

Laurence- ISFJ 6w5-1w2-2w3 sp/so

Shadow Man/Dr. Facilier- ENTP 3w2-7w8-8w7 sx/so

Charlotte- ESFP 7w6-9w8-4w3 sx/so

Ray- ESFP 7w6-4w5-9w8 so/sx

Louis- ENFP 2w1-7w6-9w1 so/sx

Mama Odie- ENFJ 1w9

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tiana is definitely STJ temperament, seems to be on the more ambiverted edge, one of my favorite disney princesses for sure. I pegged her ISTJ 3w4 1w9 6w7 sp/so, though I'm not so certain on the order.

Naveen seems ESFP, 7w8 so/sx maybe, probably 7w8 3w4 9w8 so/sx similarly to how froody typed him.

Charolotte is probably also ESFx, I lean ESFP, I thought she was a pretty typically so/sx 2w3 but idk. Cutey pie, probably 2w3 6w7 9w1 so/sx

For the others, it's been a bit too long since I watched the movie to remember. The aligator was probably an ENFP. That's all I remember.