• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
House; ENTP for the win.

No one can deflect like an ENTP.
House's character has it mastard.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
House: ENTP
Kutner: ENFP
Thirteen: INFJ
Foreman: INTJ
Chase: ISFP
Cameron: ENFJ
Wilson: ISFJ
Cuddy: ESTJ

This is how I see it, and I can't wait until the season 6 premiere.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
With the season 6 debut being a character peice forcusing on House for nearly two hours, has anyone updated, changed, or reenforced their opinions on his type?

As for the actual show, some of the best television I've ever seen. But I'm young so what do I know.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I still think INTP. At the end of last season he threw a party but was happier on his own in the bathroom. Looks like a confident introvert to me.

As for the actor. I did see him on Leno. He still could be a confident introvert. But he could just as easily be an extrovert. Who knows?

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
I still think INTP. At the end of last season he threw a party but was happier on his own in the bathroom. Looks like a confident introvert to me.

As for the actor. I did see him on Leno. He still could be a confident introvert. But he could just as easily be an extrovert. Who knows?

Yeah, I watched a few interviews on Hugh myself. Defiantly getting an XNTP feeling from him as a person.

I want to start a separate thread devoted to pseudo-psychoanalyzing his character.

deleted
I still think he's an INTJ. He's focused on the possibilities, making predictions, and noticing the hidden implications of things, and gaining these insights is usually what saves him in a tough situation, but his primary process which he uses all the time is more along the lines of logical contemplation and questioning, using common sense, being strongly individualistic and independent minded, and he definitely seems more introverted. I don't know why you would think an introvert has to be more introverted than that. If the reason he seems introverted is because he's misanthropic, then that still doesn't mean he's not introverted. In fact, a legitimate reason for him being introverted plainly points to why he's introverted, and if it's not a reason for introversion, then it doesn't count in that manner. Aside from him being misanthropic, he doesn't seem to have a grip on Fe. He has a sense of optimism and encouragement to his words, but he's not really cooperative, considerate, and somewhat decent like the ENTPs I know. INTJs are this too, more so a shadow of Fe, but there is less of a chance that INTJs directly show Fe propensity. He doesn't care about making people feel better, and having a positive impact on people by entertaining them seems to come naturally from time to time rather than forced more of the time like my earnest impression of the ENTP. He reminds me of my close INTJ friend, and I can generally see ENTPs I know having more disputes with him in real life, elucidating what I think of as mirror tension. Only one INTJ per show please. :) The show needs more ISTJs. He is weird though. I kind of like him.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
With the season 6 debut being a character peice forcusing on House for nearly two hours, has anyone updated, changed, or reenforced their opinions on his type?

As for the actual show, some of the best television I've ever seen. But I'm young so what do I know.

I thought the season six premiere really drove home the ENTP point. House still screws with people just to screw with them, but we also saw a different, more vulnerable side of him. I thought I saw a lot of extraverted feeling in this episode. House expresses genuine concern for others, takes a leadership role that isn't for his own gain, and goes out of his way to help his roommate and some of the other patients. I'm definitely not saying that an INTJ wouldn't do these things, but I can't picture any of the ones I've met being as open with those new people as House was in that episode. And his charisma and how naturally he falls into the role of leader makes me think (as if I didn't already) that he's definitely an extravert.

I can see that some of that is going to be misinterpreted, but I can't think how to better explain it. :peepwall:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I dunno, he still looks like an INTJ to me. He has Ni moments all the time.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Being an asshole shouldn't make him any less ENTP, personality =/= temperament. Here's a quote that really speaks to me:

Those of you who watch "House MD", remember his moments of insight, usually just before the end of each episode: somebody says a sentence, related to a non-medical problem. House stands still for a moment, then rushes to the patient. He has connected this sentence to all the little facts floating inside his mind about the current case. I imagine it is like a final lego brick, falling into place. I guess Ne-users have this sort of ideas all the time.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Well, I always thought that it was when he gets those moments when he sees the answer all of a sudden.

Or I could just be completely wrong.

He sees the answer because something in his environment triggers a connection in his mind. That's Ne. It's particularly illustrated when House has to solve things on his own (without his team), because you can see him reaching for someone else to bounce ideas off of. These include the airplane episode, the episode right after he fired his first team, the episodes where he's no longer friends with Wilson at the beginning of season 5, and so on. Otherwise, he mostly gets his answers from random quips that Wilson spouts out.

G

Ginkgo

I voted ENTP, however, I think that 'typing' unhealthy people, and particularly characters can be misleading.

I think he has a high dosage of Ne, and he is never afraid to express himself based on what the facts are (Ne+Ti). He also makes whity comparisons and critiques of his colleagues in a Dr.Cox-ish manner.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
He sees the answer because something in his environment triggers a connection in his mind. That's Ne. It's particularly illustrated when House has to solve things on his own (without his team), because you can see him reaching for someone else to bounce ideas off of. These include the airplane episode, the episode right after he fired his first team, the episodes where he's no longer friends with Wilson at the beginning of season 5, and so on. Otherwise, he mostly gets his answers from random quips that Wilson spouts out.

Oh. This makes a lot of sense.

I love House, but I don't get to watch it that often. :p

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
although I think weve all pretty much decided on ENTP, just for the sake of seeing this thread hit 100 pages Im going to do this.

House - ESFP

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
LOL.

If anyone is still confused after the cooking thing, I am available for personal ass-kickings in the venue of your choice.