• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
^Heh, yes, it has been said.

Introversion vs. extraversion deals with where you draw energy, and from what we see on the show, House draws energy from being around people. His primary mode of thinking involves bouncing ideas off of people and he literally can't function without being able to do that. He likes provoking people so that he'll get a reaction out of them. He only has a few friends and spends a lot of time alone, but he also seems, well, lonely. I don't see where he prefers being alone, much less loves it. Whatever type he'd be, he's pretty messed up. I see him as an ENTP who keeps people at arm's length even though he's more energized by being with people than by being alone.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think I figured out House's type: JERK

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
This has been discussed in several MBTI forums on the net. The question was always INTJ vs. INTP.

Personally, I would go for INTP.

INTP. What kind of ENTP has one friend? He has a complete aversion to paper work and anything remotely boring. One episode he opened his closest and kicked the stuff that poured out back into the closet.

The chemistry on the show is just right. Dr Cameron (in love with house) is clearly an ENFJ. His best (only) friend might also be an ENFJ--House often remarks how Dr. Wilson cares people to death.

House's apparent selfishness is a facade. At one point he was faced with having to fire one of his employees. He wanted to give each a 17% pay cut rather than fire one of them, even after Dr. Chase stabbed him in the back. (Fe and P). An INTJ might either fire Dr. Chase out of spite or pick off the weakest. Either way, the INTJ would make a choice. He takes relationships for granted not seeing the need to work at maintaining them, classic INTP.

They even got his problem solving down. He often goes off on tangents. He will be talking or doing something and then all of a suddenly something will click and he will walk off to solve that other problem leaving whatever he was previously doing incomplete (P). He even walked out of a court room to work on a case.

It's no coincidence they got all this right. Someone who knows their typology consulted for this show.

The medicine is way over the top, but they have to make it interesting.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INTP. What kind of ENTP has one friend? He has a complete aversion to paper work and anything remotely boring. One episode he opened his closest and kicked the stuff that poured out back into the closet.

The chemistry on the show is just right. Dr Cameron (in love with house) is clearly an ENFJ. His best (only) friend might also be an ENFJ--House often remarks how Dr. Wilson cares people to death.

House's apparent selfishness is a facade. At one point he was faced with having to fire one of his employees. He wanted to give each a 17% pay cut rather than fire one of them, even after Dr. Chase stabbed him in the back. (Fe and P). An INTJ might either fire Dr. Chase out of spite or pick off the weakest. Either way, the INTJ would make a choice. He takes relationships for granted not seeing the need to work at maintaining them, classic INTP.
Again, choosing to have one friend doesn't make one an introvert. Just like having a lot of friends doesn't make someone an extravert.

I think Wilson's a introvert.

And actually, House choose Chase (this was before he knew Chase made a deal with Vogler). First, he opted for a pay cut, and Volger refused, saying he'll make House choose one and teach him he's the boss. He choose Chase, Vogler refused, telling him to pick one of the other two. Blah, blah, and then Cameron quit. Also, INTP and ENTP share the same functions, they're just in a different order.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6

They even got his problem solving down. He often goes off on tangents. He will be talking or doing something and then all of a suddenly something will click and he will walk off to solve that other problem leaving whatever he was previously doing incomplete (P). He even walked out of a court room to work on a case.

It's no coincidence they got all this right. Someone who knows their typology consulted for this show.

The medicine is way over the top, but they have to make it interesting.

INTP House: Gears turn in my head as I sit alone staring into space, pondering this medical mystery.

ENTP House: I gather my team together to bounce Ideas off of and I brainstorm possible solutions to this medical mystery.

Your only example that doesnt also apply to ENTPs(atleast the text book exaomple of an ENTP) apears to be "He has no freinds" well thats because he consceincously alienates people.

INTP asshole/misanthrope: I make snarky and rude comments because due to my poor social skills I dont really understand that they hurt peoples feelings.

ENTP asshile/misanthrope: I make snarky and rude comments because I despise the human race and I hate everyone around me.

Plus hes got that ENTP narccassism going on, as much as he dislikes(or puts up the facade of disliking) people he genuinly needs people to think highly of him, he likes it when people say hes a genius.

Fun Fact: he was partialy based off of Sherlock Holmes(infact when the show was originaly invisioned Wilson was supposed to be his "Watson" a bit of an irellevent not is that sherlock holmes is INTJ[Ni dom] he was perfectly happy with just one close confidant while House needs a whole team of people to bounce ideas off of.)

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
And actually, House choose Chase (this was before he knew Chase made a deal with Vogler). First, he opted for a pay cut, and Volger refused, saying he'll make House choose one and teach him he's the boss. He choose Chase, Vogler refused, telling him to pick one of the other two.

Only after he was forced to make a choice. At first he refused to make the choice.

ENTP House: I gather my team together to bounce Ideas off of and I brainstorm possible solutions to this medical mystery.

I am as introverted as they get. I want a team to bounce ideas off. That does not make me an extrovert. Put me in a crowd of people and before long I will need to escape and "recharge".

Your only example that doesnt also apply to ENTPs(atleast the text book exaomple of an ENTP) apears to be "He has no freinds" well thats because he consceincously alienates people.

That's why I think he's an INTP.

INTP asshole/misanthrope: I make snarky and rude comments because due to my poor social skills I dont really understand that they hurt peoples feelings.

ENTP asshile/misanthrope: I make snarky and rude comments because I despise the human race and I hate everyone around me.

Damaged ENTPs have massive egos and manipulate people with sweat talk. They sell you things you don't want to get their way. Damaged INTPs hurl snarky rude comments.

Everyone has a little of each function. 100% introvert would probably mean you choose to live in a cave, live off an intravenous drip and do nothing but think.

There is more evidence to support INTP. You could say a small fraction of ENTPs might also exhibit this behavior. That is basically curve fitting. You are trying to build your case on a few signs of non-cave man introversion. On the other hand, it is just a TV show.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
There is more evidence to support INTP. You could say a small fraction of ENTPs might also exhibit this behavior. That is basically curve fitting. You are trying to build your case on a few signs of non-cave man introversion. On the other hand, it is just a TV show.

The same argument could apply to your answer. You fail to realize that there is more idfference between ENTP and INTP than introversion and extroversion.
ENTP=Ne dom Ti aux Fe ter Si inf

INTP=Ti dom Ne aux Si ter Fe Inf.

Just out of curiosity have you read this thread?

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Seventy-five pages of discussion on what type House is? Really?

House: ENTP
Cameron: INFJ
Foreman: INTJ
Cuddy: ESTJ
Wilson: ENFP
Chase: ISTP

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Edit: Oh and Vogler's an ENTJ. Contrast with Cuddy. He's far more Machiavellian.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Seventy-five pages of discussion on what type House is? Really?

House: ENTP
Cameron: INFJ
Foreman: INTJ
Cuddy: ESTJ
Wilson: ENFP
Chase: ISTP

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Edit: Oh and Vogler's an ENTJ. Contrast with Cuddy. He's far more Machiavellian.

Thr problem is people keep either creating new threads that are merged with this one or they keep coming to this one and not reading through it only to post the same tired arguments over and over again. LOLOLOL HOUSE IS TEH ISFJ LOLOLOL

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
The same argument could apply to your answer. You fail to realize that there is more idfference between ENTP and INTP than introversion and extroversion.
ENTP=Ne dom Ti aux Fe ter Si inf

INTP=Ti dom Ne aux Si ter Fe Inf.

I'm right, you're wrong! Does that make me an INTJ?

Just out of curiosity have you read this thread?

Nope. I don't read threads.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm right, you're wrong! Does that make me an INTJ?

Nope. I don't read threads.

:| alrighty then how about this.

Describe what House would be like if he was ENTP.

EDIT: Also I wish to know if you have seen the plane episode.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
He would be similar but without the abrasive edge and with more friends. ENTPs fake ENFJ Fe. He would be very good a making people feel good. ENTPs love to have fun. He might play more pranks. INTPs also play pranks. He seems to focus most of his pranks on Wilson. ENTPs are natural salesmen. He would sell people on treatments just by the way he presents/sells them (sweat talk). He would not say do it because I'm right and you are wrong.

What plane episode?

:thelook:

This conversation is over.

Although I will end on this note.

Dr.House is clearly what we would call unhealthy. This is most likely due to his troubled upbringing.

Unhealthy INTP = Shcizoid

Unhealthy ENTP = Narccassist

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Every ENTP (based on tests they took themselves) I've known has been the same way as House. My, x-boss, for example will strike-up random conversations with people for kicks (he calls it his "information sucking machine") but goes home and just works on his car, computer or some other project without caring one way or the other if he has company. As a kid, he was found disruptive because he spent too much time chatting with his fellow classmates. I can totally see House being the same way. I have another ENTP friend who is so into TV and video games, that he hardly spends anytime outside of that. But he is the most outgoing of all of my college friends by far, and the most likely to make a fool of himself on the dance floor w/o caring. I went to a high-school that had a large number of ENTPs (tested in school--special school for "special" kids). A good number of them didn't socialize much, not because they didn't like it, but simply because they had a preponderance of solitary interests (I don't think they realize they are "alone" while pursuing those interests).

I don't think he is "misering", he may just have tons of project ideas. Let's not forget the guy also seems to have some deep issues we barely know about.

Anyway, I like watching House, and am still pissed that my DVR mangled the season opener.

YES! Look, everyone assumes that if you're an E, you love people and must party, but that's BS! I mean, come on! If everyone around you is a retard, then you want to spend more time with your stuff than you do around people. Even if you have friends, how many people want to hang out with you while you're tinkering on your computer and shit? Not many. But they probably get so much external stimulation from the stuff that they don't need people, and when they are not doing that, then they get their external stimulating out of annoying the hell out of/being friendly with people, depending on the surroundings and their mood.