• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True. I decided to watch the show online a bit more and easily noticed the ENTPdom.

SONOVABITCH!

I've seen every single episode of House, some more than once, and I'm arguing with someone that changes their mind because they haven't seen that many episodes????

NEW DIAGNOSIS:

House is INTJ for the first half of the episode, where he's wrong and nearly kills the patient, but then upgrades to ENTP for the second half where he gets smart and figures out the problem.

G

garbage

House has taught me that misanthropic extroverts can actually exist, and that explains about the first 20 years of my life.

Still voting ISFJ

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I see a lot more Extraverted Intuition/Introverted Thinking of ENTP than the dominant INTJ functions. The Introverted Thinking in particular. You can see him putting things together in his head once he finally gets all the information, but he doesn't follow a logical progression to get there. It's all about the "Aha!" moments gained by Ne. He has to practically kill the patient each episode to gather the information he needs to be in a place where he can put everything together. Definitely a primary intuitive.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House is the ultimate ENTP.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well I would have said INTP, but actually ENTP seems right.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Just started watching. Looking over season one.

The entertainment he derives from screwing with close people would be far too exhausting for this INTJ.

He's ENTP.

INTJ would presumably have at least some small thought for the sheer number of lawsuits his treatment style would engender. Every single one of those patients gets a remarkable number of extra bits damaged just by going to House's hospital.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
Just started watching. Looking over season one.

The entertainment he derives from screwing with close people would be far too exhausting for this INTJ.

He's ENTP.

INTJ would presumably have at least some small thought for the sheer number of lawsuits his treatment style would engender. Every single one of those patients gets a remarkable number of extra bits damaged just by going to House's hospital.

I'm not entirely sure. He plays with these people because he knows them and is comfortable around them. He exhibits many introverted tendencies (he lives alone, he has like ONE friend, etc.), and (not to discredit you) over the 3 ish yeaars I've been following the show, has proven himself time and time again that A.) he dislikes people- alot, and B.) he works better within himself and by personal meas.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Extroversion is outer-directed, not (necessarily) people-directed.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
Extroversion is outer-directed, not (necessarily) people-directed.

yes, but given as he's in a hospital, and his job is "saving" people...

Also, his actions just don't strike me as very extroverted at all. Outside stimuli (seems to) tire him, and yet whenever there's a case he needs to really think on, he retreats within himself.

deleted
We see House for less than an hour a week. That doesn't seem very extroverted of him to hide that like.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes, but given as he's in a hospital, and his job is "saving" people...

Also, his actions just don't strike me as very extroverted at all. Outside stimuli (seems to) tire him, and yet whenever there's a case he needs to really think on, he retreats within himself.

Nope. His job is solving problems. Diagnosing problem cases. The people are incidental. Can you doubt this?

He also has a depressive disorder.

Introverts don't carry shows. Too hard to portray the beauty of their inner..ness *shrug*

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
Nope. His job is solving problems. Diagnosing problem cases. The people are incidental. Can you doubt this?

He also has a depressive disorder.

Introverts don't carry shows. Too hard to portray the beauty of their inner..ness *shrug*

Saving people through solving thier problems. Yes some people die, but he still solvs the problems, I get that.

Problems, however, are related to the people, which he dislikes very much. Which was my point.

Which also makes him much more of an introvert in my opinion. Introverts can't carry most shows. But House does not nessecarily carry House. The interactions with the cast are what carry emotional value, while their meaning and whatever diagnostical problem arises is what creates interest. House is on the outside (metaphorically) watching and solving these events.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
And House acts first, then thinks. Wasn't that a question on the MBTI?

Why, yes! Yes it was. Very good, lemons. You get a gold star. ;)

I apologize. I've been learning to train civil servants all week and it's hard to stop treating adults like children at will.

deleted
plaguerat, you should have a youtube battle with bluemonday!

Not much of a plot. You can probably find something better: (look for functions)

[YOUTUBE="yP2RHpG8U0U"]House[/YOUTUBE]

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Here is a short explanation of why I think House is ENTP, without relying on individual anecdotes.

Judging functions = thinking and feeling
Perceiving functions = sensing and intuiting

J vs P determines whether your judging or your perceiving function is extroverted. A P always extroverts the perceiving function. That means that if we accept that House is a P (which I do), he has to have Ne or Se as his first or second function. That would mean he would have Ti or Fi as the other. I vs E determines whether your extroverted function is dominant or auxiliary. I, personally, see House as Ne-dominant, so he has to be either ENTP or ENFP. And that right there is a big fat duh.