• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone that watched tonight's episode can no longer deny the extravert preference.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
shit, I missed it! our DVR is buggy.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
some of us only care enough to watch the argument an laugh...

Recluse

MBTI Type
INXP
Whoa, Darth is getting his cape in a bunch over this! ;)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The extroverted Thinking aspect is pretty hard to deny. That he actually needs a team to bounce ideas off of to be at his best pretty much indicates the man is not Ti. Although, could that indicate Ne? hmmm But surely the man has zero Fe. The role of intuition is the main question. INTJ or ENTJ are the best candidates having Te and absolutely no Fe. ;)

INTJ - Ni Te Fi Se
ENTJ - Te, Ni, Se, Fi

ENTP - Ne, Ti, Fe, Si
INTP - Ti, Ne, Si, Fe

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Fe is perverted by his misanthropy.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Refute the plane episode and the season opener then.

I don't even see this as evidence, actually, so I'm not sure what to refute. He likes having minions... whereas an ENTJ will have the entire world being directed, he has only his soldiers and nothing else. Soldiers that serve only his purpose - solving the problem. No different than the INTJs in my life, certainly.

He just does what he has to do in a situation. His preference involved over 60 episodes of INTJ traits, a clear dominance over the situational 2 episodes (or 4-5, I'd say).

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't even see this as evidence, actually, so I'm not sure what to refute. He likes having minions... whereas an ENTJ will have the entire world being directed, he has only his soldiers and nothing else. Soldiers that serve only his purpose - solving the problem. No different than the INTJs in my life, certainly.

He just does what he has to do in a situation. His preference involved over 60 episodes of INTJ traits, a clear dominance over the situational 2 episodes (or 4-5, I'd say).

He doesn't want minions, he wants an audience.

Extravert.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
He doesn't want minions, he wants an audience.

Extravert.

Which category would that fall under? Do you think he scores more on the first bunch than the second?

Initiating
Expressive
Gregarious
Active
Enthusiastic

Receiving
Contained
Intimate
Reflective
Quiet

Cause I sure don't seem him as almost any of the first. Even when he does go off, it's in a very particular situation, typically solving problems. A true extravert does it as naturally as breathing, constantly, inside and outside of work... in all parts of life.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which category would that fall under? Do you think he scores more on the first bunch than the second?

Initiating
Expressive
Gregarious
Active
Enthusiastic

Receiving
Contained
Intimate
Reflective
Quiet

Cause I sure don't seem him as almost any of the first. Even when he does go off, it's in a very particular situation, typically solving problems. A true extravert does it as naturally as breathing, constantly, inside and outside of work... in all parts of life.

Misanthropic!

Digest will back me up here, I am sure.

Not every extravert is like this woman. Some are turned on by the ideas that come from their environment... like interesting medical cases.

They aren't all people persons.

And he is quite nutty and expressive for an introvert.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
*shrug* Those are the MBTI sub-categories for being an E. If he takes the test, that's what he'll have to measure against. Just be glad that MBTI is "nice" about Es, since most models based it more on positive emotions...

And he is quite nutty and expressive for an introvert.

Yes... we call them INTJs. Domineering in their wants and goals, fearless of all. The uncooperative ENTJs, IOW.

ygolo

My termites win

Initiating
Expressive
Gregarious
Active
Enthusiastic

Receiving
Contained
Intimate
Reflective
Quiet

First for sure.

Maybe it is the way Hugh Laurie plays him, but I actually see him as enthusiastic(ly derisive), active, gregarious (he has fun cutting into people), and initiating (I think a lot of INTs may want to be like him, but are too introverted to initiate the type of trouble he does--caused Foreman to leave when he tried).

He certainly is not Reciveing, Contained, Intimate, or Quiet. He has his reflective moments, but just keeps on ticking.