• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yahh.... he never gives orders... and he's always out there gathering ideas and information, never acting till he has all the information he needs, rather than driving the situation according this his own will and information. :doh:
You clearly don't understand the difference between E__P and I__P.

They're actually very different creatures, even if the two letters in between are identical.

INTP might do what you mention above, but an ENTP, on average, would quicker put their intuitive idea to work.

Uhhh, no. Try watching the show without blinders on. He stated why he is in the profession. Think past, power, control.
Everybody lies.

Unreliable narrator.

Even House.

...actually, especially House.
Especially regarding his personal decisions.

I can turn it around on you by saying you need to watch without blinders, because it appears you're not privy to the liary and deceit that goes on, and is later exposed.

And I'm not even done!
Lemme turn this around on you from another perspective -- learn typology without blinders on.

MBTI Type
INxJ
He reacts to everything outside of himself. He is unable to find a solution without engaging someone or something that leads to a sudden epiphany. He always bounces ideas into the physical world, with multiple perspectives at once. Ne meta overload. I've seen every single episode. He's straight up ENTP. Substitute's quote below, explains what House does perfectly.

possibilities. Really, I can be dog tired, and then a thought will cross my mind: when I'm in Rome, I wonder if I could manage a daytrip to Pompeii by public transport? Then I suddenly wake right up and I'm totally energised and researching and finding a way to do it. Then when I've figured it out, I'm all hyped up and want to take on other things.

Or like, if I have an idea to do something like, suppose something annoys me like the the billionth time I go to the bathroom and find myself looking at that dripping faucet and thinking "that's it, I've had it, I'm gonna fix that!" and though I've no idea how, I'll be suddenly really energised and I'll look up how to do it, then go out and get all the stuff and set to work and get it done.

So... possibilities and making things happen. If I get a whiff of the possibility that I can make something happen, something cool or useful or whatever, then it'd get me up and running even if my battery was on zero, so to speak.

I would say people also energise me, but it totally depends on the people. Some people have the opposite effect, particularly "good listeners". I don't want someone to just sit and listen, that's BORING and gets me right down. I want someone to talk back to me and fuel the idea machine, to brainstorm and rapid fire with me, to help generate possibilities, and/or join in with me in a spontaneous project/idea/possibility. The person who does that becomes a god in my eyes lol

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Unreliable narrator

Uhhh... I don't have much to say to that. Except that it's equivalent to me saying that you can't depend on anything he does because he's acting for a camera...

INTP might do what you mention above, but an ENTP, on average, would quicker put their intuitive idea to work.

Since you offered no further support, I have nothing to address.

For reference, here's the two dictomies;

E – Extraversion preferred to Introversion: ENTPs often feel motivated by their interaction with people. They tend to enjoy a wide circle of acquaintances, and they gain energy in social situations (whereas introverts expend energy).[6]
P – Perception preferred to Judgment: ENTPs tend to withhold judgment and delay important decisions, preferring to "keep their options open" should circumstances change.[9]

I – Introversion preferred to Extraversion: INTJs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy).[8]
J – Judgment preferred to Perception: INTJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability, which to perceptive types may seem limiting. [11]

The better question is... why am I back in this thread...? *poof*

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, actually, Introverted Js still put higher priority on a form of perception than they do Judgment, they just Extravert their Judgement. So I don't think you can say that IJs prefer Judgement, per se.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well PT if you're gonna fight dirty then good riddance.

Listen to the Poriferan. Except that last pair of words.

'Per se' doesn't make sense there...

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I originally said INTJ. Then I actually started watching House, and it is crystal clear he's an ENTP.

Can we stop debating this now?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
He's definitely an ENTP.
ENTPs represent!!! :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL @ people who voted INFP. Seriously... What the heck? :doh:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
House is totally an INFP, he is so empathetic, :D

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Well, actually, Introverted Js still put higher priority on a form of perception than they do Judgment, they just Extravert their Judgement. So I don't think you can say that IJs prefer Judgement, per se.

You can absolutely say that IJs prefer judgment... it's literally the definition of the preference o_O

Introverted Js would put a higher emphasis on their irrational function, in theory the same goes for extraverted Ps. It's only their attitudes that differ, which is the whole point behind having the J/P preference.

When you say Js prefer perception, they don't even prefer it outside of the type definition of it - they prefer narrow direct solutions. They limit their perception to exactly what they want. Ps are the opposite, in that they want as much information to build as many models as possible and are flexible between them. The mentality for a linear problem solver is entirely J - one step, one solution. Each failure leads to the next step in the plan (and a success stops and dismisses the whole thing without another thought). I don't see how that fits common use or type definitions of perceiving.

D

Dali

Seriously, the 1 person that voted ISFP needs to leave this forum. Now.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can absolutely say that IJs prefer judgment... it's literally the definition of the preference o_O

Where's this definition?

Introverted Js would put a higher emphasis on their irrational function, in theory the same goes for extraverted Ps. It's only their attitudes that differ, which is the whole point behind having the J/P preference.

Saying "only their attitudes" sort of plays down the fact that attitude is a big deal. You just admitted that IJs put higher emphasis on their irrational function whis is.....? Ni. It's perception, because if it's irrational, it's not judgement. So how exactly do you mean that Js put higher emphasis on their Ni, and yet don't prefer it? That's not rhetorical, I'm honestly asking.

When you say Js prefer perception, they don't even prefer it outside of the type definition of it - they prefer narrow direct solutions. They limit their perception to exactly what they want. Ps are the opposite, in that they want as much information to build as many models as possible and are flexible between them. The mentality for a linear problem solver is entirely J - one step, one solution. Each failure leads to the next step in the plan (and a success stops and dismisses the whole thing without another thought). I don't see how that fits common use or type definitions of perceiving.

I think you're conflating some different concepts here. J does not mean narrow, and P does not mean broad. If dealing with people that primarily use perception, then we're talking about EPs and IJs. Now, it is true that EPs tend to be more expansive than IJs, but's not because one is a so-called P and the other is a so-called J. It's because one is relying Pe, and the other is relying on Pi. In this case, it is Introversion and Extraversion of the functions that determines the difference between conservative and expansive (and actually, it usually is).

So, INTJs are rather narrow minded often times, but that doesn't mean they prefer Judgment first. It's plainly written, in everything based on the MBTI, that IJs use Pi first, and Je second. Your last letter merely determined whether or not use Extravert Perception or Judgement, not which you rely on more.
That being said, I'm pointing out that Ni is conservative (and for the love of God, I don't mean in the political sense). It's still a sub-conscious information scan, because all perception is, but it only scans a very small, subjective scope. In effect, to make Te serve Ni, would be to narrow Te. Yes, Perception can be more narrowing than Judgement.

So, an IJ can be rather linear, and be that way because of Ni, rather than contrary to it.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I originally said INTJ. Then I actually started watching House, and it is crystal clear he's an ENTP.

Can we stop debating this now?

Exactly.

The majority of people typing him anything other than ENTP, most likely haven't seen that many episodes. House is practically a caricature of an ENTP.

deleted
Exactly.

The majority of people typing him anything other than ENTP, most likely haven't seen that many episodes. House is practically a caricature of an ENTP.

True. I decided to watch the show online a bit more and easily noticed the ENTPdom.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Exactly.

Probably has to be. I wanted to type him as a mixed up ENFP because of his past, but yeh, ENTP is also a good way to say ENFP minus the F.