• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Negative_

what about House's enneagram?

a counter phobic 6?
or a different one
i dont know much about the enneagram...

redacted

He's either 3 or 5

I'd say 5>3>4 in my/Magic's system. Or maybe 3>5>8.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
ENTP all the way.

Devil's advocate.
Not entirely happy with where he's at but neither all that willing to do anything about it .(P) See's the possibilities everywhere (NP) Convinced of being right (TTTTTT) Sarcastic, witty sense of humour with biting insight and little regard to people's feelings (NT)
He is more anti-social than actually introverted. You can see him building up steam when around people - his energy source.

R

Riva

ENTP all the way.

Devil's advocate.
Not entirely happy with where he's at but neither all that willing to do anything about it .(P) See's the possibilities everywhere (NP) Convinced of being right (TTTTTT) Sarcastic, witty sense of humour with biting insight and little regard to people's feelings (NT)
He is more anti-social than actually introverted. You can see him building up steam when around people - his energy source.

that is so true. this is the reason people think he is an introvert. but the truth is he is anti social that introverted. therefor i have to say that he is an ENTP

Anentropic IxTx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
ENTP all the way.

Devil's advocate.

Interesting.

deleted
He is more anti-social than actually introverted.

Back that up with some evidence because it sounds like a crock to me.

ENTP NO

INTJ

NiTe is more apparent in his character than NeTi, He rarely uses Ti
He clearly has Te when strategizing ideas with others
His logic isn't hidden, he only shows it when the organization of events come together at the end. It's the trademark of INTJs Te
Insights come during moments of reflection, the way he pieces ideas together is what makes him unique amongst his team
He makes quick decisions
He likes to punish people for their mistakes
For ENTPs socializing is a limit of consistency. House is very consistent like most INTJs
He's dismissive, condescending, misanthropic and incredibly reserved
Wilson is his only real friend, and even their relationship is strained because House keeps so much of himself to himself
He stays away from the patients whenever possibly, and that's more than just trying to avoid the touchy feely stuff
He's not an extrovert, end of story
He doesn't see any need to discuss questions that have no right or wrong answers
His tendency of experimentation makes him come across as an Ne user, but INTJs do that shit too

A lot of you know little about INTJs

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Take it to INTJf. Only INTJs think he's INTJ now.

ENTP. Never, ever seen an INTJ act as reckless as him.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Even though I voted INTJ in the poll, INTx never seemed to really sit right. After reading most of this thread, I fully agree about ENTP.

The way he constantly 'stirs the pot' by poking and prodding at people's emotions for his own self amusement really reminds me of unhealthy ENTP. Also, he's constantly having more than one conversation at a time - if one conversation isn't interesting to him, he'll actually start a new one before finishing the old one.

Gauche

I'd go for INTJ. He doesn't seem to have that Ne thing in speech and behavior.
Ni and Te seems to fit much better, if we want to break it down to pieces.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
To me he is an E. Too much into talking out his theories. He needs to bounce stuff off of people.

Whatever he is can I have him as a pet?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'd go for INTJ. He doesn't seem to have that Ne thing in speech and behavior.
Ni and Te seems to fit much better, if we want to break it down to pieces.

I disagree. Ne use seems more prevalent. Every episode he's making wild connections between outside world events, ie, connecting the failure of systems together, connecting symptoms together, and analyzing those connections and how they boil down into a single explanation or principle, which is essentially Ti.

Also see how he does it socially, he's constantly "seeing" behavior and breaking it down in terms of essences and hidden urges like a secret desire for revenge or ego stroking. Everybody lies.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I disagree. Ne use seems more prevalent. Every episode he's making wild connections between outside world events, ie, connecting the failure of systems together, connecting symptoms together, and analyzing those connections and how they boil down into a single explanation or principle, which is essentially Ti.

As I have said before, he is doing the exact opposite. He connects everything internally, according to his vision of how things should fit together (Ni) and then goes out and transforms the world (Te). This is true with patients (not multi theory - one theory, then act, regardless of potentials) and true for his personal life.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
LOL @ whoever voted E/INFP.

I stand by my original conviction of ENTP (back one page for fun facts why)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's being observant. I mean how could an ENTP ever run a hospital by himself? You've changed my mind.

Thank god for Cuddy, he would suck at that.

I bet an INTJ could handle it though. ISTJ is better though for that type of logistics.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
As I have said before, he is doing the exact opposite. He connects everything internally, according to his vision of how things should fit together (Ni)
That's not what Ni does when it connects things internally. It has no template or rigor. It simply connects every possibly idea to one object (making it subject). Rather than having a single idea for one object, and another idea for another object etc. All the ideas are connected to the subject. If you don't see that House is juggling multiple objects for perception at once, you must not be watching the show. He doesn't concentrate on the patient like an Ni would. Instead, he bounces around between jokes, games the patient, peoples' personal lives, and anything else he can get his grubby intuitive hands on.

and then goes out and transforms the world (Te).
He doesn't do that either. He does give orders, but it's actually rather rare. It's clear he prefers to act with the intention of finding out something new than he does at making something specific (again, subject attention) happen.
His entire profession, for fucks sake, is purely out of curiosity. What he keeps in his external world are toys and puzzles and games. Not bureaucracy and efficiency.
This is true with patients (not multi theory - one theory, then act, regardless of potentials) and true for his personal life.
Multi-theory could be Ne or Ni.
The differentiation comes in where the attention is focused, not in the measure of industry or quantity of idea production.

This is getting ridiculous that you people don't see that there's no Ni...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is getting ridiculous that you people don't see that there's no Ni...

I definitely see Ni, that's why I initially said INTJ. However, I just think he's more consistent with ENTP than INTJ as a whole.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
He doesn't do that either. He does give orders, but it's actually rather rare. It's clear he prefers to act with the intention of finding out something new than he does at making something specific (again, subject attention) happen.

Yahh.... he never gives orders... and he's always out there gathering ideas and information, never acting till he has all the information he needs, rather than driving the situation according this his own will and information. :doh:

His entire profession, for fucks sake, is purely out of curiosity. What he keeps in his external world are toys and puzzles and games. Not bureaucracy and efficiency.

Uhhh, no. Try watching the show without blinders on. He stated why he is in the profession. Think past, power, control.