• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Indeed.

See what I mean folks?
The ninja lost. Now he's gone.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to need to get myself a bucket of popcorn and something to drink and reread this thread. It's fucking amusing.

It's really good for learning, too, because you have the characters that we can all see, so when you listen to people argue, you have something concrete to go back and bounce it off of.

I never would have thought House was an ENTP because I guess I thought he was an I -- but he's not an I because when he takes time alone to think, he's not really thinking -- he's rehearsing for his next appearance.

So why is the ENTP so mesmerizing? He's acting out our Wild? I've been close to an ENTP for about 10 years now and he's very similar -- the thing that attracts me most is that I get to share in the delight of the fact that he's always right. His pleasure in figuring out the puzzle is infectious.
Edited because I typed F for T originally, DOH.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe I ought to call you a vampire instead.
Once the (en)light(enment) hits you're nowhere to be found.

You're crafty Jack. Never to be found when things go south, but I know how to counter that, being rather cunning myself.

For one reason or another, miscommunication involving type has gotten under my skin.
You're an enormous offender.

redacted

Final opinions:
House: ENTP
Foreman: ISTJ
Cameron: ENFJ
Chase: INTP
Wilson: INFJ
Cuddy: ISTJ

New Chick: INFJ
Taub: INTJ?
Kumar dude: No clue; ESTP?
Chick who died: ENTJ

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Final opinions:

Thirteen is weird. Probably INFJ, but she's being all rough (esp. letting house rub off on her) so she appears like a T.
Taub: INTJ?
Kumar dude: No clue; ESTP?
Perfect except Kumar is ENFP. Have you seen much of the new season?
Chick who died: ENTJ
What N?
Goddamn... so many people want all E_TJ girls to be N.

redacted

Thirteen is weird. Probably INFJ, but she's being all rough (esp. letting house rub off on her) so she appears like a T.

Yeah, totally INFJ tho.

Perfect except Kumar is ENFP. Have you seen much of the new season?

Not enough I guess.

What N?
Goddamn... so many people want all E_TJ girls to be N.

Point taken.

So, real final answer:

Taub: INTJ
Kumar dude: No clue; ExxP (maybe ESFP)
Chick who died: ESTJ

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Hold on, Cameron doesn't seem that extroverted to me. What are some of the specific signs that make you guys think she is?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Hold on, Cameron doesn't seem that extroverted to me. What are some of the specific signs that make you guys think she is?
It's a self-reinforcing consensus of Wrong. See: Europe, circa 900 A.D.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Well, I mean she could be...but I just don't see how it's as achingly obvious as some folks have made it out to be. So that makes me a little suspicious.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Jack, at least close the door when you're pulling your own prick ok?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well, I mean she could be...but I just don't see how it's as achingly obvious as some folks have made it out to be. So that makes me a little suspicious.
Nah. There's no drive or effort to interact with anyone other than her closest intimates/colleagues.

She cares about the patients, but not because she wants to shoot the breeze with 'em.

Every time House came to her apartment, she was alone, reading a book.

She's shy and reserved.

Just imagine her at a hospital Christmas party, and it's settled.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP

Seriously?

I mean you don't see E_FJ in the frequent -- almost per episode, (some more some fewer) -- confronting House about the inconsiderate nature of his decisions?

You don't see Fe dominant in her common ignorance and denial of prevalent symptoms because the diagnosis is something she doesn't like?

What about her obsession with ethics? The biggest Fe cesspool in existence, and Cameron clamors about it almost incessantly.

I realize I'm exaggerating a bit, but honestly, you guys have got to be joking about not seeing this.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nah. There's no drive or effort to interact with anyone other than her closest intimates/colleagues.
Doesn't matter. That means nothing about extraversion.
It's commonly a result of it, but is not an inherent or even direct explication.

She cares about the patients, but not because she wants to shoot the breeze with 'em.
And again, this has nothing to do with extraversion.

Seriously Jack, learn your shit, or shut up.

Every time House came to her apartment, she was alone, reading a book.
She does all her Eing at work. It's Ni time then.

She's shy and reserved.
Now I'm sure you're kidding yourself.

Just imagine her at a hospital Christmas party, and it's settled.
They actually have several episodes: She's with a group of people. Talking. Socializing. So are introverts Chase and Foreman.

You really need to check yourself.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Seriously?

I mean you don't see E_FJ in the frequent -- almost per episode, (some more some fewer) -- confronting House about the inconsiderate nature of his decisions?

You don't see Fe dominant in her common ignorance and denial of prevalent symptoms because the diagnosis is something she doesn't like?

What about her obsession with ethics? The biggest Fe cesspool in existence, and Cameron clamors about it almost incessantly.

I realize I'm exaggerating a bit, but honestly, you guys have got to be joking about not seeing this.

Oh that's how you're doing it...you're going by what you see is the dominant function. But weren't you the one saying (somewhere else...I don't remember where) that if someone has a dominant introverted (meaning they're a true introvert...not going by the social gregariousness factor) function that it might not be as readily evident as the auxiliary? Maybe that wasn't you...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
This is why I doubt she's extroverted. But I guess someone could make the argument that you can be a shy and reserved extrovert.
They call them introverts. I suppose you could make the case that she really is extroverted, but just acts introverted EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY. But then it occurs to me that we're typing TV characters, so there's no reason to assume some stupid crap like that.