• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Humm, no. Thirteen is an Fi-dom: withdrawn, aloof, private, independent and reluctant, don't speak except when it's necessary. Cameron is engaged, initiate contact, cuddling, nurturing, confrontational and dependent. She could be ENFP, but she's not enough laid back and opened to change to be one. She's an ENFJ.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I can see the 'J'. As for the E, I don't agree with that. She is usually, or always trying to figure out House's motives. Ni-dom.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She's trying to figure out House's motives above all to serve her affectives goal and worrying. Ni-aux, so.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I can't decide whether to call this "the thread that keeps on giving" or "the thread that never ends"...

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes this thread is silly
Yes he is. I'm an E also and I hate dealing with people. Remember for ENTPs is people's primary functions is to serve as an audience. Especially if they applaud. Friends and foes are optional. ENTPs can be just as detached socially as INTPs, they're just louder about it and spend less time Tiing and more time Neing.

Funny how cappie now rates himself as a INTP..

About House.
Look at the clothes hes wearing... dark and more dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD2bwCfMtZY&feature=player_detailpage#t=265s

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A few corections.

Gregory House: ENTP 5w6 So/Sx
Lisa Cuddy: ESFJ 1w2 So/Sx
James Wilson: ISFJ 2w1 Sp/So

Allison Cameron: ENFJ 6w5 Sx/So
Eric Foreman: ISTJ 8w9 Sp/So
Robert Chase: ISTP 3w4 Sp/Sx

Thirteen: ISFP 4w3 Sp/Sx
Chris Taub: ENTP 6w5 Sp/So
Lawrence Kutner: ESFP 6w7 So/Sp
Amber Volakis: ESTP 8w7 Sx/So

I've recently found that list where House is typed 5w6 So/Sx. http://pastebin.com/gsAhzZqW I'm not sure if he's So/Sx or Sx/So, but it confirm my intuition that House is a self-pres last 5w6, the social variant of the 5 is obvious.

Last edited:

The_World_As_Will

A few corections.

Gregory House: ENTP 5w6 Sx/So

I've recently found that list where House is typed 5w6 So/Sx. http://pastebin.com/gsAhzZqW I'm not sure if he's So/Sx or Sx/So, but it confirm my intuition that House is a self-pres last 5w6, the social variant of the 5 is obvious.

I can see that, maybe house as an 5w6 sx/so, though I've heard so/sx as well, it's difficult to tell, as both types when unhealthy have a tendency towards misanthropy. Though my first impression was an unhealthy so/sx, what makes you think sx-first? I'm curious to know, he does seem to have a schopenhauer-like pessimism, perhaps because he wasn't able to satisfy the sx desire for connection, well he had it but lost it, the whole turn towards misanthropy could certain be a case for sx first, especially for a 5, but would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see that, maybe house as an 5w6 sx/so, though I've heard so/sx as well, it's difficult to tell, as both types when unhealthy have a tendency towards misanthropy. Though my first impression was an unhealthy so/sx, what makes you think sx-first? I'm curious to know, he does seem to have a schopenhauer-like pessimism, perhaps because he wasn't able to satisfy the sx desire for connection, well he had it but lost it, the whole turn towards misanthropy could certain be a case for sx first, especially for a 5, but would love to hear your thoughts on it.

I thought he was Sx/So because a friend mistype him as a 8 and I thought it was because he's Sx dom wich bring him an unusual agressivity for a 5. Also, he has that typical Sx/So tendency to be so focused on thing that he forget his essentials health and physical need. He's also very provocateur, sexually entrepreunant, especially present with his romantic interest like Stacy and Cuddy, and remind me Howard Hugues a lot (a 5w6 Sx/So).

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gregory House: ENTP 5w6 Sx/So
1w2 > 4w3 > cp6w7 sp/sx. I'd originally thought 5w4, but House isn't really a withdrawing type (a decent argument for 7 was made based on that on another forum, but he so isn't a 7 either).

In any case, 5w6 isn't too bad. House as anything other than so-last however is staggeringly dumb. House explicitly rejects social order and social mores as collective hypocrisy.

ENTJ 3w2 so/sp (next-best guess would be ENFJ). The mere act of hiring House points to an unorthodox mode of operation, open to alternatives. Si by very definition relies on procedures by the book. She's likewise very image-focused, always referring to herself by her title and puffing out ofr it (as administrator of this hospital blah blah blah...); she seems to strongly identify with it. As for stacking, so/sx isn't too bad, but she does seem to put covering her ass before House, even though she loves him.

ENFJ 2w1 sx/so (next-best guess, INFJ). He's concerned primarily with getting close to his loved ones and then with caring for the whole world, and seems to always be a step ahead of House, always predicting what he's gonna do next.

Cameron, on the other hand, is a Sensor (ISFJ 2w1 sx/so). She's very fixated on her memory of her dead husband, can't seem to let go. Sounds like Si to me.

Foreman is a ridiculously reserved ENTJ. He's clearly a Rational type, and his role is always to get House to slow down and tell him exactly why what they're doing to the patient is insane, and never really seems to reach back on his training for that -- just the logic of it. He additionally shows Se stronger than inferior from his vandal teenage days, and no Fi whatsoever.

I'd type him 1 before 8, but I think he's a Prussian Six, he seems to have a personal code he clings to for support. 6w5 so/sp.

I'd go for ISFP before ISTP, but I think he's INFP (he always seems to go "it could be this, or it could be that"). The incident with Duvalla speaks to pretty damn strong personal ethics. Enneagram-wise I'd have typed him 9, but after the Yagami incident I'm going with 1w9 instead.

ENFP. She seems clearly energized by theoretical debates, particularly those that involves matters she has a strong philosophical opinion on.

Not TOO bad, but I'd go with INFJ over ENTP. I don't see the Ne.

ESTP 7w8 sx/so. ESFP isn't that bad a guess, but I don't see evidence of any personal ethical stances, not of any inclination to play by anyone's rules (which would be Te). Enneagram-Six is lulzy though -- if there is one thing that characterized Kutner throughout his entire run it's recklessness.

I think ESTJ, and sp/so.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I started to write an anwer but I gave up as soon as I saw you type House as a 1w2. I can argue with people who are at least a little decent in their typing and discuss some details about one wing or one or two dicotomy in particular, something like that. I can't remove your brain and up it piece per piece like I should do to make you correct. I don't have the time.

I will be predictable here, but basically you deserve it.

facepalm1.jpg

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't strongly object to House as a 5. My main problem with it is that Fives are fundamentally disengaged -- House isn't. My first guess for his type would actually be 6w7, but he fits disintegration into 4 far better than disintegration into 3.

sx/so is retarded as shit.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
you know, i've started to wonder about house recently. i'm 100% convinced he's NTP. however, i've thought he was an ENTP, but i'm starting to wonder about INTP. there's no question that he has good Ne utilization, but his Ne seems motivated by his Ti, not vice versa. he gathers information because he seeks to clarify the world, more so than to understand it. i mean, he already believes that everything has logic behind it. and he puts Ne to the task of elucidating the hows. he believes this to the point of exhuming bodies when he doesn't get his answer, it bothers the shit out of him so much. the Ti always seems to run before the Ne. plus Ti running before Ne explains why (besides dramatic effect, of course) house has "eureka" moments that seem like Ni - it's not Ni at all, but Ti clicking the final Ne-generated puzzle piece into place. it also explains why house needs his team - he doesn't need the team for solving the puzzle. he needs the team for generating ideas. why would a Ne dom need other people to generate ideas? i need people to help me narrow down ideas. and house isn't the one throwing ideas out there; he's the one systematically shooting them down. i'm thinking that's why the top two-voted types are ENTP and INTJ. house is a Ne user but Judging dominant.

as for enneagram - i very, very easily see him as a 5, but he is pretty externally engaged for a 5. what if he were INTP 7w6? 7 manifesting in his drug usage to block out pain...

riso-hudson 7 said:
Basic Fear: Of being deprived and in pain
Basic Desire: To be satisfied and content—to have their needs fulfilled

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's fundamentally incapable of working through ideas without getting external input, which fits Ne-dominance better than Ti. His main motivation is likewise curiosity, which is Ne. And he has a very unhelthy Fe drive to validate his own feelings, which comes out as a dogmatic view that all humans are monsters, to feel better about being an asshole himself (which I originally thought was Fi, but an Fi type wouldn't care what anyone else was like -- its emotional state is its own).

And he's most definitely not a 7. Season 2 established that while he doesn't like his physical pain he clings to his emotional misery like a drowning man to a life raft (driven by his secondary 4 fix).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5s are extremely engaged in their personals interests. They are disengaged, in the sense that they don't want to see their energy drained by others's expectations. I thought at first he was So/Sx, but then I thought he was a bit too much intense and intrusive to be a Sx-second. But he's well 5w6 So/Sx. Like Sherlock Holmes. House confess to a patient in an episode that, while he dislike people, he wanted to be a doctor because he was inspired by a respect due to a bukaru doctor in Japan that he met when he was 14. That doctor was a marginal, not interested by groups, but respected by the group because he was able to cure patients that no other doctor could help. House wanted to be like that, he wanted to be a Totem, he is a social 5, so. Also, he has nothing 4ish, but he has big 6ish issues like the impossibility to trust the flow, the destiny etc.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On House as a 4:

Dr. James Wilson: You don't like yourself. But you do admire yourself. It's all you've got so you cling to it. You're so afraid if you change, you'll lose what makes you special.
[pause]
Dr. James Wilson: Being miserable doesn't make you better than anybody else, House. It just makes you miserable.
[Wilson and House look at each other. Wilson exits]

I'd type him core-4, except that the idea he clings more under stress is downright hilarious.