• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heheh.

Hey, Mr.OP, you might have wanted to specify "Dr. Gregory House"

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Social != E.

I can't argue right this minute. I have to go eat bagel bites.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually... Social doesn't exactly equal E, nor does asocial equal I.
It's true...

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
House loves attention. He craves it. He definitely has some kind of social disorder that doesn't allow him to let himself care or at least show that he cares.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Opinion: House may the person with the most typing threads in the history of mankind.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All I learned from the other thread is that there are way too many camps.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
He's not. Do you seriously see any J in him? If you do you're not looking hard enough.

Not being personally familiar with the series, can you elaborate on the character a bit?

What aspect of his personality seems decidedly P, and not J to you?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Night, it might be a bad idea to do this through description.
It's already hard enough as is. ;)

And why do you claim to be an ESFJ?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Night, it might be a bad idea to do this through description.
It's already hard enough as is. ;)

You are probably correct. I looked up a description of the character, and he seems INTx. Not sure, given my lack of exposure, as to the final carving.

And why do you claim to be an ESFJ?

Because I don't agree with many of the stereotypes attached to MBTI classification schemes. I find that people limit their perceptual acuity to the anticipated profile traits, once Type is identified.

I think my (approximate) MBTI is probably evident. Maybe not.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Not being personally familiar with the series, can you elaborate on the character a bit?

What aspect of his personality seems decidedly P, and not J to you?

I'd rather not describe him by use of a single dichotomy.

His consistent rule breaking, procrastination, willingness and aptitude toward reconsidering his conclusions, and the oneuping/challenging nature of him strikes me as far one the NTP scale. E, because he's so confident in his intuition, which is not the case of the INTJ or INTP. Or at least the INTJ doesn't show it off.

Like I've said before, you don't have to be extraverted to be E. You just have to favor the object world instead of the inner world. House does.

Seriously watch the show and look for the Ne. It's very evident. Unless one is unfamiliar with Ne's proceedings.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
His consistent rule breaking, procrastination, willingness and aptitude toward reconsidering his conclusions, and the oneuping/challenging nature of him strikes me as far one the NTP scale. E, because he's so confident in his intuition, which is not the case of the INTJ or INTP. Or at least the INTJ doesn't show it off.

Would you say these are the primary qualities that make his character so appealing?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Would you say these are the primary qualities that make his character so appealing?

For television yes. It's interesting. I don't know if anyone listens to Tool but in the song "vicarious" he outlines (quite incisively in my opinion) that people live the dangerous parts of their lives through television. I think it's a little more broad than that. Comic books and movies should definitely be included. I don't know if there are any empirical studies done on this, (which is why I say his incisiveness is opinionated) but I think it's true. People invest themselves in TV shows that include adverse or overly heroic character because they get to experience the "wildly-intelligent, wildly-mean wildly wild wildly-whatever" parts of life that they're too scared to go out and try for themselves. Musing at it as it flashes across the screen is enough for these people. It's just enough to keep them satisfied, which keeps them showing up at their jobs.

Call me a conspiracy theorist (really I don't mind) but I'd put money on the business owners having undisclosed psychological studies showing that people are more likely to be obedient if they have some outlet where they can get their "wild-side" through. It would certainly explain the recent influx of such shows as survivor, survivorman, mythbusters... all the other reality shows... anything where danger is involved. Pretending is close enough to experimentation for most people, and I'd bet at least SOME of what is going on on TV lately is thanks to someone capitalizing on that aspect of psychology. Keep's them showing up at their jobs.

Unfortunately, these shows cause people's experimenting ability and drive flushes it down the toilet like it were mini wheats or something. It's where this hypochondriac mentality came from. Now everyone stays at home for a quiet evening in, or a safe drug free night out, (which isn't bad in and of itself) because of stifled desire for new experience. Humans are naturally timid creatures (thank you, evolution). This shit just makes it worse.

But who am I to critique the system? I participate. Though, because of my awareness of the above, I try to avoid the suppressing effect these shows might have on my curiosity.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
He's not. Do you seriously see any J in him? If you do you're not looking hard enough.

Well, he makes very quick assessments based on very little information. That is a -J- trait.

House--that is if we're really talking about House--is probably an INFJ.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, he makes very quick assessments based on very little information. That is a -J- trait.

House--that is if we're really talking about House--is probably an INFJ.

It doesn't have to be a J trait. Just because you don't HEAR or SEE the information doesn't mean that he hasn't made the connections in his head. One thing you have to keep in mind about intuition is, it's all fabricated through inferences, expressed or not. He might be taking in more information than you can understand being an S.

And like I've said, people shouldn't be categorized on a single dichotomy. J for NFJ is COMPLETELY different from NTJ's version of J. Just like P is different for NTPs than SFPs etc.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Let me guess ... All the INTJs think House is an INTJ, all the ENTJs think he is an ENTJ, all the ENTPs think he is an ENTP and all the INTPs think he is an INTP. As an INTJ I am of course voting for INTJ.

I think he's an ENTP.

G

GirlAmerica

I usually dont watch much TV, however I was in the E.R. the other night with a friend for over 6 hours. This show came on. Not only is it full of bad acting and dramatic lighting...that main character is annoying as hell.