• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This guy is practically a caricature of ENTP, but nonetheless, it's funny to see lost introverts trying to claim him as their hero, as one of them.

Really funny. :devil:

It's very interesting to see how much they want to look like us. Flamboyant cheater, liar, hopeless procrastinator, skilled pupeteer, gremlin-like prankster, and someone who feels absolutely no guilt about it... Maybe in their dream they crave to behave like this? Maybe it means something for them?

Anyway:

Fictional INTJ= Gil Grissom

Fictional ENTP= Gregory House

Do you notice the difference, or is it too difficult?

OMG exactly! Blackmail!, you've hit the nail right on the head.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House is an inefficient, chaotic, freewheeling prankster. Not INTJ.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
if house posted on this site, almost everyone would hate him for being obnoxious, arrogant, thinking he knows everything, manipulating others, being sarcastic, cracking jokes at other's expense, hurting people's feelings while justifying it as being 'the truth', being too blunt, making fun of 'sad things', etc. etc.

and, while i don't think he can be typed, i can't help but notice that those are the exact reasons people give for hating ENTPs. including the INTJs.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
House does post here, under the nom de plume of Eck.

heart

heart on fire
This guy is practically a caricature of ENTP, but nonetheless, it's funny to see lost introverts trying to claim him as their hero, as one of them...

Why would they want him as their hero? There's nothing desirable about him. :huh: It's one of the most melodramtic shows I've ever seen on TV btw.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, how's How's hand gestures?

G

garbage

Why would they want him as their hero? There's nothing desirable about him. :huh:

He has a totally misanthropic attitude and "gets away with it".. I guess that could be desirable to someone who wants to see characters they identify with "win".

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
**EDIT -- haha whoops, i think i'm reviving a thread! i got here from the "fictional characters" thread. anyway, what the hell, maybe it will come back to life :]

entp. absolutely.

e - house never has any clue what's going on inside of himself, but he's always attuned to everything going on outside of him. interestingly, hating people doesn't mean you don't want to be in constant interaction with them. he also has a shitty time alone, he always has to distract himself with a game or something.
n - super obvious, his epiphanies in diagnosing
t - let's face it, house just does not f very well
p - slacking off and hiding from cuddy just don't strike me as j

also, to quote cognitiveprocesses.com: "ENTP - Explorer Inventor - Theme is inventing, finding ingenious solutions to people and technical problems. "

He has a totally misanthropic attitude and "gets away with it".
yup. he's excellent at belittling and not getting along with people but still having an enormous audience who, irl, loves him. coming from an introvert, who is fairly anxious in dealing with people and enjoys/seeks to be accepted, this is the height of "win" to me. not that i want to belittle or be a jackass in general, but it is very impressive, and i envy that ability. also - he almost always does the right moral thing, even if it's for convoluted reasons.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
**EDIT -- haha whoops, i think i'm reviving a thread! i got here from the "fictional characters" thread. anyway, what the hell, maybe it will come back to life :]

entp. absolutely.

e - house never has any clue what's going on inside of himself, but he's always attuned to everything going on outside of him. interestingly, hating people doesn't mean you don't want to be in constant interaction with them. he also has a shitty time alone, he always has to distract himself with a game or something.
He prefers being alone with a game or something, to being with people. Most introverts do. Being an introvert does not equal being Howard Hughes. ;) And most Ti users prefer bowling earthworms to exploring their own emotions -- House is actually more introspective than INTPs normally are.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
^ maybe he's just depressed/annoyed/self-loathing
^ the way he plays games with people suggest a need for external validation, external stimulation, external etc etc

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ maybe he's just depressed/annoyed/self-loathing
Well, yes. He is very obviously depressed.

^ the way he plays games with people suggest a need for external validation, external stimulation, external etc etc
Not really. He tends to play games with people to study them, rather than for the hell of it; and doesn't approach people unless he needs to bounce ideas off them (which all Ne types do, even the introverted ones -- Ne-doms just do it more often). A misanthropic and depressed ENTP would just randomly approach people and annoy them, for lulz.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
...An ENP physician, for example, may realize, with sudden insight, that several unexplained symptoms are actually part of a single disease. As an Extraverted type, the physician has no doubt that the disease syndrome really exists. The pattern was always there, waiting for someone to discover it. ( Extraverted Intuition )

Sounds familiar...... I'll just leave this here.

A lot of the characters are balanced, like Cuddy I think is written as ExxJ. it's hard to tell.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cuddy- ENTJ.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Television characters can have inconsistent cognitive traits and some often do. I do agree that House is an NTP at least, deciding E(Ne) vs I(Ti) is hard for him, he seems really good at both actually.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
xNTP, I'm leaning more towards ENTP though lol

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
House-JERK
Everyone else on the show- DUMB

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
A misanthropic and depressed ENTP would just randomly approach people and annoy them, for lulz.

Are you and me watching the same House or is it like The Office where each country gets their own?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^lol
I think House was meant to be an INTJ, but since the writers are paying homage to Sherlock Holmes*, they have him pop pills and play a guitar (which is more of an ENTP activity).

* Sherlock Holmes snorted coke, and played the violin.

Watching the BBC's new incarnation of Sherlock Holmes, I came to this conclusion too. Don't know why this didn't occur to me before. (Holmes v House :doh:)

Holmes: "Shut-up"
Detective: "I didn't say anything!"
Holmes: "You were thinking; it's annoying"

Holmes in turn was based on the brilliant nineteenth century diagnostician, Dr Joseph Bell (a Scot*, naturally).

I've seen Holmes typed as INTP, INTJ, ISTP, ESTP, but in this latest adaptation, he looks (provisionally) a lot like an antisocial ENTP.

"I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation."
Could be the ENTP tagline.

*That's right. In addition to inventing the modern world we also gave you House, M.D.
You're welcome.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
^lol

Watching the BBC's new incarnation of Sherlock Holmes, I came to this conclusion too. Don't know why this didn't occur to me before. (Holmes v House :doh:)

Holmes: "Shut-up"
Detective: "I didn't say anything!"
Holmes: "You were thinking; it's annoying"

Holmes in turn was based on the brilliant nineteenth century diagnostician, Dr Joseph Bell (a Scot*, naturally).

I've seen Holmes typed as INTP, INTJ, ISTP, ESTP, but in this latest adaptation, he looks (provisionally) a lot like an antisocial ENTP.

"I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation."
Could be the ENTP tagline.

*That's right. In addition to inventing the modern world we also gave you House, M.D.
You're welcome.

So House is a fictional Doctor based off of a fictional Detective based off of a real Doctor.

So I guess it kind of went full circle.

magister343

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4?
He seemed to me to be an ENTP until his stint in the psychiatric hospital, from which he emerged as an INTP.