• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
This must be the 10th House thread. Anyway, I'd say ENTP.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He isn't an F.

R

Riva

He says he's always absolutely rational, not realising absolute rationality is unexistant in the first place unless he believes he is omnipotent, which he doesn't. :p . Quite frankly, his rationality lacks rationality. He openly uses his sarcasm whatever the cause of his outbursts and does not regulate his inner thoughts. He's contradicting himself more than once. His introverted perks appear to be enforced by thought. He doesn't seem to come close to INTP rationality. Every aspect of his supposedly INTP like state are pretty much unhealthy outbursts.

Quite frankly. I think he's an unhealthy ENFP addict in pain trying to hide, and not an INTP.

Could he not be a INTJ who is not in touch with his Fi?
There is a pretty big thread on this topic. :)

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/2701-what-type-house.html

He isn't an F.

Yes he is. Even I am. :)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ He isn't a J

bighairything

MBTI Type
ENFP
Most people seem to type him as INTP. And if you watch him for a moment, that does seem likely.

But there's some things about him that just don't match him with me, type related.

He says he's always absolutely rational, not realising absolute rationality is unexistant in the first place unless he believes he is omnipotent, which he doesn't. :p . Quite frankly, his rationality lacks rationality. He openly uses his sarcasm whatever the cause of his outbursts and does not regulate his inner thoughts. He's contradicting himself more than once. His introverted perks appear to be enforced by thought. He doesn't seem to come close to INTP rationality. Every aspect of his supposedly INTP like state are pretty much unhealthy outbursts.

Quite frankly. I think he's an unhealthy ENFP addict in pain trying to hide, and not an INTP.

It's a wonderful theory that solves a lot of the problems with typing him, but ultimately I just don't buy it. No F could so completely and utterly out of touch with Feeling. It just makes no sense, however damaged he may be.

I like the INTJ theory because it does seem as his dominant function does seem to be Ni. But the manifestations of P-ness are just to extreme for him to plausibly be a J.

So through a process of elimination, I reckon ENTP. I'd choose that over INTP because he seems more like an anti-social extrovert than a true introvert. Apart from the solving of cases, his thrills mostly come from external stimuli -- particularly messing with other people.

R

Riva

I'd probably get my but kicked for mentioning this.

Using MBTI he cannot be clearly categorized. He is more of a xNTP according to it. But there are loop holes in the xNTP theory. But if socionics is used he is clearly an INTJ (ILE).

The perceiving functions don't work the same way in MBTI and Socionics. And the introverts have different functions. Read the INTJ description of socionics and tell me House isn't one. No can do.

Logical Intuitive Introtim - Wikisocion

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House is an obvious INTP. It frankly amazes me so many people voted ENTP, given about 90% of the plot revolves around how he hates people.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
House is an obvious INTP. It frankly amazes me so many people voted ENTP, given about 90% of the plot revolves around how he hates people.

show me the proof that entps can't be people-haters.

and, please, don't confuse my comment with me caring about house's type. i don't. at all.

i do care about misinformation being spread, and this thread is full of this reason. which shouldn't be one.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
show me the proof that entps can't be people-haters.
They can be people haters, but that's more likely to make them into sociopaths (And charismatic sociopaths at that) rather than recluses, since extroverts feed on human contact. House, on the other hand, has one fucking friend and spends the vast majority of his day lurking in his office. Not exactly the profile of an extrovert.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House is not a dom Thinker.

Ne reigns as the primary.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
They can be people haters, but that's more likely to make them into sociopaths (And charismatic sociopaths at that) rather than recluses, since extroverts feed on human contact. House, on the other hand, has one fucking friend and spends the vast majority of his day lurking in his office. Not exactly the profile of an extrovert.

wow. so much wrong information in one post. one doesn't have to be a friggen sociopath in order to hate the stupidity in the world (people). that's ridiculous.

he has plenty of 'friends' and one close one. if you could even call that close. it's more like the guy knows him and still sticks around despite knowing him.

and, finally, house is constantly 'feeding off of people'.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think Ne is right. He doesn't seem to entertain as much possibilities as you would expect an Ne would. Especially when he's facing new cases.

Ne vs. Ni is the real problem.

Te is very right there. How he tell's people what to do is quite systematic yet somehow certainly playful.

Fe vs. Fi. I've never seen the guy Fe his feelings. It's all inside.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not too many people arguing against ENTP seem to know what they're talking about in this thread.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think he is fuc**ed up enough that he has more than one personality and that is why it is so hard to type him.

One side is brilliant ENTP doctor and the other one is really unhealthy and cynical INTJ persona. (or perhaps it is the other way around)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think he is fuc**ed up enough that he has more than one personality and that is why it is so hard to type him.

One side is brilliant ENTP doctor and the other one is really unhealthy and cynical INTJ persona. (or perhaps it is the other way around)

:yes:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
one doesn't have to be a friggen sociopath in order to hate the stupidity in the world (people). that's ridiculous.
Other way around. An ExTx who hates people would become a charismatic, ruthless and guiltless manipulator -- A sociopath.

he has plenty of 'friends' and one close one. if you could even call that close. it's more like the guy knows him and still sticks around despite knowing him.
He has one friend, and a bunch of people he tolerates simply because he can't work without them.

and, finally, house is constantly 'feeding off of people'.
By feeding off human contact (not people), I mean extroverts are energized by human contact. Being around people clearly annoys House, and he spends the majority of his time hiding from them.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
By feeding off human contact (not people), I mean extroverts are energized by human contact. Being around people clearly annoys House, and he spends the majority of his time hiding from them.

No he doesn't, he often seeks them out.