• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Fe dominant. All about engaging.

But she's a side character and they only showcase her specifically during her big Fe moments. She could well be an introvert with an Fe auxiliary. We just only ever see Fe. I'm taking into consideration her level of reserve when she's not having some ethical blow-up.

redacted

But she's a side character and they only showcase her specifically during her big Fe moments. She could well be an introvert with an Fe auxiliary. We just only ever see Fe. I'm taking into consideration her level of reserve when she's not having some ethical blow-up.

She could be INFJ.

Seems more Fe dom to me, but you're right, there's not enough information to really know for sure.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
But she's a side character and they only showcase her specifically during her big Fe moments.
Interestingly, there was no problem diagnosing Wilson or Foreman as introverts. I don't see that this is a legitimate argument. Yeah, we don't see as much of her. We also don't see as much of Foreman or Chase either (well Foreman recently, but I've known since before the new seasons). Still there's no question.

She could well be an introvert with an Fe auxiliary. We just only ever see Fe.
Why don't we extrapolate that another step or two: We might only ever get to see her when she's wearing her Cameron suit.
She could be an alien or black or even dead!

But we know these things aren't true, because we know that, among other things, the writers and directors and actors try to put the most representative foot forward to make it so we can 'fill in the blanks'.

It's a certainty that she's a contrasted character: she has ups and downs.
Fair enough, that's fine, but there's very little passive aggression in television, so either we work with what we've got or we don't bother at all.

Assuming there is evidence to the contrary of E but we don't really know about it except from 3rd person omniscient standpoint in the hypothetical: what sense is there in using that data? We don't know it's there. We just guess. And yeah, speculation based on prospective data is great (it's especially evidenced in this very show: House speculates without having the concrete data plenty, and demands that they search for the information to confirm it) but since the data is impossible to ascertain it's worthless.
It's like
"I have $150 in the budget to save seals. I won't spend the money anywhere else."
"It costs $300 to save 1 seal"
The money can't do anything then.
Seems like things we've definitely seen are a bit more reliable, but then I don't know what your religion is, so I don't know what you're willing to believe.

I'm taking into consideration her level of reserve when she's not having some ethical blow-up.
Which isn't a great lot: She's often the first to speak up in the differentials -- she willingly and deliberately manipulates people and possibly the crown jewel of the argument, she, even despite her obvious fear and intimidation insisted House tell her his feelings of her.

If that's not Fe over Si/Ni then no E_FJ exists.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Blah Blah Blah

Hmmm...I can see some of this manipulation that you speak of...that's supposedly an ENFJ quality (according to shitty profiles) I guess.

But as far as your "Cameron suit" argument...I wasn't just guessing that she might have introverted qualities that we don't see, just because I really really want her to be an introvert :rolli:. I'm only suggesting it because I think there is some "data" to suggest that she's an I...such as her reserve, her seemingly low level of energy (just compare her to House to see the difference on that front), and her relatively contemplative and expressionless demeanor. Remember the episode (episode 4 or 5, I believe) in the first season where it showed the characters during Christmas when they were off work? She was at home alone. I wouldn't have conceived of the possibility of her being an introvert if there wasn't anything at all to suggest it. Of course, her demeanor changes when she's having an ethical disagreement with House. My point is that her outspokenness in regards to ethical matters (which are the only times that she's outspoken or animated in any way) does not make her an automatic E.

But she could be ENFJ...I'm just saying it's not beyond a doubt.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
house uses Ni Ti to solve problems, that leaves two options, INTJ or INTP.

House is not an extorvert, and not entp, becavse ENTP has some resemblance to ESTP, and house does not.

EP (extroverted perception) trust other people feedback, IPs their his own instinct and ignore other people's BS. Clearly the latter case often applies to house.

redacted

House is not an extorvert, and not entp, becavse ENTP has some resemblance to ESTP, and house does not.

EP (extroverted perception) trust other people feedback, IPs their his own instinct and ignore other people's BS. Clearly the latter case often applies to house.

What the hell are you talking about dude?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Not sure, I'd guess ESFJ for Cameron. No idea why though. Maybe because she seems almost ENFJ but not quite.

House seems P. The complete randomness of him would drive most Js nuts. I'd also guess him to be an intuitive, just because of his ability to connect and diagnose stuff. And one who is aware of the psychology of those around him. He knows he can win the psychological showdown and he reads those around him perfectly; often too well for their own liking. He has a shocking attention span, and continually checks out to find more interesting things to do. He has no respect for authority. Fidgets lots. Finds random evils and inappropriate things amusing. Could not care less if he is thanked for what he has done. This is pretty classic for two types. The ENTP and ENFP. I don't know ENTP well enough to say for sure. He conflicts with ENFP in a lot of ways. He stirs people up for no reason, he rarely if ever apologises, he doesn't show a huge amount of personal respect, and is pretty uninfluenced by emotional argument (though Cameron is Fe so ENFP probably would be uninfluenced). The only chance he is an ENFP is that he has had a mixed up past and is stewing in conflict between having vengeance on humanity and saving them. You know he wants to be the bad guy, but he always saves the patient in the end, and he always shows care when it matters. He builds some of the patients psychology up in a way that no carer like Cameron could. He is a purist. So an ENFP who is mixed up and unhappy with life, is actually a possibility. He holds the rest of the ENFP traits well enough. And he isn't impartial to people, he pushes them away. He doesn't fall into being isolate, he chooses to be. He forces isolation and drugs on himself, maybe in self pity or maybe in guilt, or he feels he owes it to something.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cameron: More like Pink or more like Eileen?

Defense rests.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
No need to tell us that -- the defense has been resting for a good long while now.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmmm...I can see some of this manipulation that you speak of...that's supposedly an ENFJ quality (according to shitty profiles) I guess.
Er...
Ignore the manipulation: Just the fact that she's active.
She's (manipulative, annoying, ____) because she's active. She's active because she's E.

But as far as your "Cameron suit" argument...I wasn't just guessing that she might have introverted qualities that we don't see, just because I really really want her to be an introvert :rolli:. I'm only suggesting it because I think there is some "data" to suggest that she's an I...such as her reserve
What reserve? What the fuck do you guys keep saying this for?

She's easily the most assertive of all the three in House's original team. She doesn't shut up, she doesn't hesitate, and she's all over him all the time.

She doesn't just have ethical blowups like you said before.

I don't see any reserve at all.

her seemingly low level of energy (just compare her to House to see the difference on that front)
Or difference expressing it, which makes sense given that one is a P and the other's a J.
and her relatively contemplative and expressionless demeanor.
Remember the episode (episode 4 or 5, I believe) in the first season where it showed the characters during Christmas when they were off work? She was at home alone. I wouldn't have conceived of the possibility of her being an introvert if there wasn't anything at all to suggest it. Of course, her demeanor changes when she's having an ethical disagreement with House. My point is that her outspokenness in regards to ethical matters (which are the only times that she's outspoken or animated in any way)[/quote] WHAT? It's the only time she's out of control, or aggressive maybe, but it's not the only time she's using Fe.
Don't confuse Excessive action with Extraverted action.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Moved off-topic discussion of JF's type here.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Long Post

Okay, I just watched re-watched the episode in the first season where she goes to House's place to tell him why she liked him...and I am convinced of her extroversion. In fact, all she did was nag through that whole episode. I can't imagine an introvert acting that way, and especially not an INFJ.

Anyway, regardless of her type, she could well be the most useless character on the show.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah.
Honest to god, I've screamed "Shut the fuck up Cameron" at the TV several times.

And never twice for the same episode.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, I'm usually like "I can't fucking believe you did that... you fucking moron" with Foreman.

He doesn't talk so much as he just does.

Anentropic IxTx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
What type is Dr. House?

I'm not sure if there's already a thread for this...

Lykos

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

You're wrong. House uses Ne Ti.

Ne
---------------
"Extraverted iNtuiting involves noticing hidden meanings and interpreting them, often entertaining a wealth of possible interpretations from just one idea or interpreting what someone’s behavior really means. It also involves seeing things “as if,” with various possible representations of reality. Using this process, we can juggle many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our mind at once with the possibility that they are all true. This is like weaving themes and threads together. We don’t know the weave until a thought thread appears or is drawn out in the interaction of thoughts, often brought in from other contexts. (Aha! Moment) Thus a strategy or concept often emerges from the here-and-now interactions, not appearing as a whole beforehand. Using this process we can really appreciate brainstorming and trust what emerges, enjoying imaginative play with scenarios and combining possibilities, using a kind of cross-contextual thinking. Extraverted iNtuiting also can involve catalyzing people and extemporaneously shaping situations, spreading an atmosphere of change through emergent leadership."

The bold is House. Also, ENTPs and ESTPs may share hyperactive-ness, sometimes not all the time, but other than that the only real thing we have in common is we share Ti. I actually find ENTPs to be more like ISTPs.

I'll quote something from the INTJ forum, just to give you a example of a true ENTP. This quote is 100% me, and I'm ENTP (or ILE-Ti if you are into Socionics).

"You people don't know many ENTPs do you?

They are the most introverted extraverts there are. They don't need masses of people, but they need someone to ignite their Ne. The way House needs someone, whether Wilson, his team, random airline passengers, or the janitor to kick start his thinking."

Extroversion is not about being a "people person". It's the way you react to things, and how you express yourself. If I have someone to rant at then I feel energized, and ready to be challenged. I can do this when I'm alone by looking at myself in third person and creating little igniting conversations. I will say it does help to be extrovert when I need to talk to people or get out in front of a crowd. I just wish that I could keep my snide remarks to myself ... wait no I don't.

House is ENTP. End of Story.

PS. INTJ's have Te not Ti. So what you are saying is He's either ENTP or INTP. Yep, I'm new and my post is already more insightful then yours.

Anyway, Hello. This is my first post and I am a ENTP. E High Moderate | N High | T Very High | P Medium. Thinking is what I score highest on.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Thanks for clearing up House's type for everyone. We were 'avin a lot of trouble pinning him down, as opposed to everyone else. >:?}