• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
If one Ni supporter could actually explain what they are talking about, I'd be grateful.

All I hear is someone saying that his is right and everyone else is not only wrong, but stupid. All I see is someone who likes to hear himself talk. All I see is someone who lacks the ability to think outside a textbook and fills in information to what suits his definition. House is a fictional character and I've never seen such strong words used by one such person on this thread to try to tell other people that he is right.

I would be happy to see him argue his points with actually facts instead of his own interpretation of it - I don't need to listen to him abuse other people because of his own bias. It's one thing thinking a person is a particular type, it's another thing shooting everyone down because we disagree with him.

House is fictional! :doh:

Er... I'm not shooting anyone down just 'cause they disagree. I'm shooting them down because they don't have any damn evidence. Comparing an INTJ friend to House serves only insofar as it provides knowledge of how to react when in his presence. I don't care how much someone's demeanor REMINDS you of someone else, MBTI isn't about that. It's bout how you take in information, and how you deal with it. It does nothing more. Like I've said too many people use MBTI as a cookie cutter. It's just not. If OFTEN works out that people of the same type act similarly, but sometimes (and in my experience, just as often) it doesn't.

Oh any by the way, I haven't directly abused anyone -- the most overt insult I've offered was variable. That is, it depended on if someone was actually doing what someone else proposed, and I don't even think they are. That means I'm not actually attacking anyone. I can't argue with PT without being called abusive?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
If one INTJ supporter could point out an ongoing reliance on Ni I'd be grateful.

If one INTJ supporter could explain away the airplane episode or his reliance on a team (not people he knows!) I'd be grateful.

Exactly what I've been saying. I didn't start off 'abusive'.

Oh, but Mac, a single episode doesn't necessarily make him an extravert.

Nonpareil

MBTI Type
INTJ
:huh:

Maybe you should read what you wrote again.

Did, still not House.

I'm strugging to find a nice word, but as far as I can see, I described a complete idiot that really has not idea what he is talking about and tries to sound like he does but stating useless information and reading from a textbook. I'm impressed that he can read but I have to question his thought process, but I guess that's expected from an ignorant fool that lacks life experience! It's not enough reading and absorbing information, one must know how to apply it!

House is an example of an INTJ that knows just that!

Nonpareil

MBTI Type
INTJ
Er... I'm not shooting anyone down just 'cause they disagree. I'm shooting them down because they don't have any damn evidence. Comparing an INTJ friend to House serves only insofar as it provides knowledge of how to react when in his presence. I don't care how much someone's demeanor REMINDS you of someone else, MBTI isn't about that. It's bout how you take in information, and how you deal with it. It does nothing more. Like I've said too many people use MBTI as a cookie cutter. It's just not. If OFTEN works out that people of the same type act similarly, but sometimes (and in my experience, just as often) it doesn't.

Oh any by the way, I haven't directly abused anyone -- the most overt insult I've offered was variable. That is, it depended on if someone was actually doing what someone else proposed, and I don't even think they are. That means I'm not actually attacking anyone. I can't argue with PT without being called abusive?

It's how you argue.

And what evidence do you have? I didn't know you knew the creators of House?

What makes you think you have better experience than the rest of us?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Did, still not House.

I'm strugging to find a nice word, but as far as I can see, I described a complete idiot that really has not idea what he is talking about and tries to sound like he does but stating useless information and reading from a textbook. I'm impressed that he can read but I have to question his thought process, but I guess that's expected from an ignorant fool that lacks life experience! It's not enough reading and absorbing information, one must know how to apply it!

House is an example of an INTJ that knows just that!

Ha. If you have something to say, why not come at me in a PM? Saying this publicly doesn't make you a hero or anything.

Anyway, none of what I say comes from a textbook. A little bit from the internet, with function descriptions, but other than that it's all my own damn reasoning. I choose to use conventional function descriptions, because in doing so, those who also read those descriptions will know what I'm talking about.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did, still not House.

I'm strugging to find a nice word, but as far as I can see, I described a complete idiot that really has not idea what he is talking about and tries to sound like he does but stating useless information and reading from a textbook. I'm impressed that he can read but I have to question his thought process, but I guess that's expected from an ignorant fool that lacks life experience! It's not enough reading and absorbing information, one must know how to apply it!!

You just described House again!

I'll use the first sentence in your previous post:

If one Ni supporter could actually explain what they are talking about, I'd be grateful.

There are only two types that use Ni as a lead: INTJ and INFJ.

I'd be grateful too.

Introverted iNtuiting: Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing "what will be"; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols. Envisioning yourself in an outfit or maybe envisioning yourself being a certain way.

That is NOT House. No external data? He writes it all on the damn board!

Extraverted iNtuiting: Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change "what is" for "what could possibly be"; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts. Noticing the possible meanings of what you might wear: "Wearing this might communicate..."
That is.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's how you argue.

And what evidence do you have? I didn't know you knew the creators of House?

What makes you think you have better experience than the rest of us?

See, I didn't claim to have any of that.

If you don't see the evidence then you must not have read the thread. I've stated more than one example of how House uses Ne with Ti and not Ni and Te. Regardless of whether or not he 'acts like the type' he uses the functions of a different type than the one he acts like. Since there's a direct link between type and functions, instead of going by personal experience, we go by the abstract definitions provided by CG Jung, (or whatever analysts have provided condensed versions) who invented the system in the first place.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
You just described House again!

I'll use the first sentence in your previous post:

There are only two types that use Ni as a lead: INTJ and INFJ.

I'd be grateful too.

That is NOT House. No external data? He writes it all on the damn board!

That is.
Thank you.

It might be beneficial for one of us to get the different attitudes of thinking.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh, sorry. Had problems formatting.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh but Nonpariel, I do thank you for pointing out that I was getting abusive. I really don't intend to. It just happens. I'll try and keep it at bay or else Ivy will come after me again...

Sorry, Mom!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Eh, sorry. Had problems formatting.

Hey how do you fix those issues anyway? So many of my posts are essentially drawn and quartered because of whatever flaw -- how did you fix it?

Nonpareil

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thank you Mac for explaining the functions to me.

I'll be the first to admit, I do not know it. It confuses me and as far as I can tell, it does not explain types. It is another generalization and it's not because I don't understand it, but I don't know how those functions can be used so strongly to type a person. I'm still new at the whole MBTI thing and maybe that is why I'm trying to be objective with the whole thing. I still have a lot to learn. I am certain about INTJ/INTP's because I've read the most about them. If anyone could clarify all this for me and explain to me why I need to use functions to type someone, I would truly appreciate it.

I'm not sure about House using Ne of Ni, I can't see it. I use both, depending on the situation and I can't see how a particular type can use Ni only. We all learn and grow from experiences. I had a rough, very sheltered childhood and I try very hard keep my mind open, which means that I do use external data, in fact, without it, I couldn't make decisions. I think the definitions you gave me on Ne and Ni are vague and can be twisted to whatever suits ones means. I'm just trying to understand all this and I'm sorry if I come off more abrasive than I really mean. I just don't like people attacking other people's opinion the way I see on this thread.

Thank you.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
He's quite dreamy :yes: Good to know he's not knocked up; that might be awkward to film around.

This one?

That might be hard... it's entirely up to opinion... well not the part about being knocked up. He's a dude, which means he can't get knocked up, I'm pretty sure. As far as filming while pregnant being awkward goes, I dunno... might be a fun challenge.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey how do you fix those issues anyway? So many of my posts are essentially drawn and quartered because of whatever flaw -- how did you fix it?
Kept editing.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'll be the first to admit, I do not know it. It confuses me and as far as I can tell, it does not explain types. It is another generalization and it's not because I don't understand it, but I don't know how those functions can be used so strongly to type a person. I'm still new at the whole MBTI thing and maybe that is why I'm trying to be objective with the whole thing. I still have a lot to learn. I am certain about INTJ/INTP's because I've read the most about them. If anyone could clarify all this for me and explain to me why I need to use functions to type someone, I would truly appreciate it.

I'm not sure about House using Ne of Ni, I can't see it. I use both, depending on the situation and I can't see how a particular type can use Ni only. We all learn and grow from experiences. I had a rough, very sheltered childhood and I try very hard keep my mind open, which means that I do use external data, in fact, without it, I couldn't make decisions. I think the definitions you gave me on Ne and Ni are vague and can be twisted to whatever suits ones means. I'm just trying to understand all this and I'm sorry if I come off more abrasive than I really mean. I just don't like people attacking other people's opinion the way I see on this thread.

Thank you.
Ni and Fi are what I call the "voodoo functions".

I don't understand them, and rarely use them as far as I can tell. Everytime someone tries to explain them to me, I think they are explaining something like ESP.

I see when House uses Ne. It's my second function, so I know it when I see it.

If an INTJ supporter could show me a few examples of Ni in action on the show, I'd appreciate it.

Nonpareil

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh but Nonpariel, I do thank you for pointing out that I was getting abusive. I really don't intend to. It just happens. I'll try and keep it at bay or else Ivy will come after me again...

Sorry, Mom!

Deep inside, I'm sure I know you don't mean to sound abusive. The reason I'm taking this thread so personally is that I do not like your tone in some of your posts. You are welcome to voice your opinion and I don't mind the swearing, just something about what and how you say it that really really urks me.

People tend to do that to me though and I'm trying to keep these emotions at bay. I admit, I do make very snap judgments on people and from the way you came off in some of your posts, I felt it as a personal attack. I'm sorry, I may be just too sensitive!

Peace offering: Can we at least agree to disagree? Hell, as an INTJ, as much as I would like to convince everyone in the world that I'm always right, we all know that that would never happen.... :hug:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP

No no, see, the four letters, as pt has stated, are basically just a shortcut to the functions. It's easier to write, ENTP, than to write Ne Ti Fe Si Ni Te Fi Se.

Basically the framework is like this

first letter -- tells where your energy is directed, and drawn from. Es are outward, into the world of objects, Is are inward to the world of subjects.

second letter -- mode of perception, intuitive or sensing (not necessarily big picture vs. small minded as many seem to think -- correlation is not causation)

third letter -- mode of dealing with the information. Logical or emotional. (Not smart vs. dumb, or mean vs. Nice correlation is not causation...)

fourth letter -- this is the tricky one, which throws SO many people off. It's the hardest one to generalize. Depending on which one you get, it tells which is extraverted, Perception or Judgement.

Also, the first letter takes what the fourth letter says is I or E, and helps with the order placement respectively.

ENTP uses intuition, which is extraverted (because of P). Since he is E, then Ne goes first, which leaves his introverted function, which since he's T is thinking.

Ne and Ti, is the combination of functions an ENTP uses.

Thank you.

Yeah... again, I wasn't really attacking anyone. I just don't like people misusing the system the way I see in this thread.

If you're not using all the rules of MBTI, then it's not really MBTI. It might be accurate, but it's not MBTI, it's something else.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Deep inside, I'm sure I know you don't mean to sound abusive. The reason I'm taking this thread so personally is that I do not like your tone in some of your posts. You are welcome to voice your opinion and I don't mind the swearing, just something about what and how you say it that really really urks me.

People tend to do that to me though and I'm trying to keep these emotions at bay. I admit, I do make very snap judgments on people and from the way you came off in some of your posts, I felt it as a personal attack. I'm sorry, I may be just too sensitive!

Peace offering: Can we at least agree to disagree? Hell, as an INTJ, as much as I would like to convince everyone in the world that I'm always right, we all know that that would never happen.... :hug:
A peas offering? Oh... peace... never heard of it, but I'll try anything once.