• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are manners lacking in today's world? If so, why?

I have good manners

• 1---I am a real dick

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 2---I couldn't care less about manners

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 3---I use manners when I want something

• 4---I use manners around strangers most of the time

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • 5---I use manners when I have to, but I have to force it

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • 6---I am reasonably well-mannered

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • 7---I am better mannered than most of my friends

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 8---I use manners with my friends, but not so much with my family

• 9---I have really good manners and use them most of the time

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • 10--I am as well mannered as the queen of england :)

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Is it me or is each generation becoming ruder?
We haven't eliminated taboos. We've just made them about different things.

Tell someone recycling is a waste of time, gas-guzzlers are awesome, and you don't care about the lives of caribou. Or draw a picture of Mohammed. Or say that for many problems, war is the answer. Or suggest that sex and race are justified biological distinctions. Or say that you want to eat transfats, high fructose corn syrup, and buckets of cheese. Or that homosexually cannot have a genetic basis for the same reasons celibacy, necrophilia, pederasty cannot.

Oh yes, piety is alive and well.