• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shigeru Miyamoto

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
The creator of such video game franchises as Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong. What is his type?

I'm going to guess INFP because he says as a child he would often go out into the woods/nature and play with his imagination, and that these experiences inspired his later creations. He is also simply very creative, thinking of entire worlds and how they function, and how they play as games. He's super perfectionistic about his ideas.

Heres a quote of his that seems pretty INF to me...

"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things"

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
The creator of such video game franchises as Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong. What is his type?
Mr. Miyamoto is famous for making Nintendo implement delays and even scrape entire developments of a game, because they are not up to his standards. For example,The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy. Also, he probabley had a role in Super Mario 128, Project H.A.M.M.E.R., and Disaster: Day of Crisis being scraped.

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto.

He also seem to be a very hard working person, as he has created over lot of games.

Miyamoto comes across as being humble and introverted, despite being the world's most celebrated Game designer.

He also has come up with some imaginative ideas like Wii Fit, Pikmin, and the Wii Remote.

To be honest, I could see him as an INFJ or an INTJ.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
INFP sounds allright to me

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know enough to be sure, but I'd say INFP is the best guess. If I remember the story of his beginnings correctly it goes something like this:

His father was a friend of the CEO of Nintendo which originally only made playing cards (or something fairly unrelated to video games, can't remember what). The CEO gave Shigeru a job as something of a favor to the father. Miyamoto didn't seem to have any practical skills, but the CEO could see that he was a talented person with an artistic temperment. For a year or so Miyamoto basically did odd jobs around Nintendo without really having a definite position defined for him.

Then Nintendo decided that it wanted to try it's hand at video games, so the CEO asked Miyamoto to design one. After all he could tell Miyamoto was creative and at that time no one knew a thing about video games anyway so he seemed like a good choice (also he wasn't really working on anything else in particular). The game that Miyamoto came up with was "Donkey Kong". The rest is history.

Anyway in addition to what has already been said even this story about his beginnings makes him sound like an INFP. He was creative, but didn't seem to have any practical skills. In reality he's extremely talented, but simply has to be given a chance. That sums up an INFP fairly well IMHO.