• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

harry potter characters

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not so sure about that. He really, really, prizes social status and power, however he never wants it for himself, and would rather be the puppet master, pulling all the strings if he were ever given the oppurtunity for power. He loves his comfort, loves a nice life, which to me suggests Si. I think for him really, he could be ISFJ. He views his relationships in such a way that he sees people and judges them according to their societal "worth" to him.

I dunno, it's just certain mannerisms he had that made me think that. Maybe I'm just looking at the actor and not the part he plays.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I dunno, it's just certain mannerisms he had that made me think that. Maybe I'm just looking at the actor and not the part he plays.

Ohh, this could be the disconnect. In the book, the character is far different, far more social and ebullient. The movie character does give off an ENTP vibe, very absentminded, a bit aloof with an independent set of morals.

Charizmatic

I just don't see the N in Harry at all.
I can see the Fi, but i don't understand the INFP conclusion many have come to

I just watched the movie and harry has clear N (in the movie atleas). For example, when he said "Its draco" and they asked him why and he said "I just KNOW". There were many other moments too.

In the book he pieces things together and theres no rational or real explanation.

I would say INFP probably

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ni is an ISFP's tertiary relief function.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just watched the movie and harry has clear N (in the movie atleas). For example, when he said "Its draco" and they asked him why and he said "I just KNOW". There were many other moments too.

In the book he pieces things together and theres no rational or real explanation.

I would say INFP probably

Ni

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When Harry "figures things out" via intuition he always has physical, tangible things that add to his intuits. This is SeNi, this is what the ISPs do in general. He gathers all of the clues and then fits them into a bigger picture, then expands on what he has via Ni.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I believe the Book Dumbledore to be far different from the Movie Dumbledore.

My personal opinion is that he is an INFJ in the books and an INTP in the movies.

BlackCat had said that thinking Harry as an N is just idealizing him and I'd really have to disagree with that statement. Are you implying that N is superior to S? Probably not..

He could be an ISFP with SeNi like you had said. I guess it makes sense the more I think about it. Perhaps near borderline S/N, because his Ni is very sharp with how he fits things together faster than Ron and Hermione, and impresses Dumbledore with it, at least, when Dumbledore was alive.

The movie Harry is also different from the book Harry. He definitely appears more INFP-like in the books, and more ISFP-like in the movies. He just doesn't seem to be living in the moment in the books. Always thinking about things outside of his sensual reach of perception. But I guess he's an ISFP and not an INFP? It's a little foggy to me, and I have read the books a bagillion times to back that up.

I don't think we should be so narrow-minded with it, though, BlackCat. We don't know Harry, he's just a fictional character who we read about in a 3rd person point of view book. We can gather that he was probably an ISFP or an INFP but we really can't be sure. I tend to think INFP because of how he always knew he'd have to face Voldemort in the end. He just knew these things and what needed to be done.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Perhaps near borderline S/N, because his Ni is very sharp with how he fits things together faster than Ron and Hermione, and impresses Dumbledore with it, at least, when Dumbledore was alive.

Eh, I don't think he was able to piece things together faster than Hermione. In the first book, he needed her to work through Snape's defense of the philosopher's stone (and in the fourth book, when he encountered a similar puzzle situation, he wished Hermione had been there, and was only slowly able to work it out for himself.) Throughout the majority of the book series, it was Hermione who insisted that Snape was not a part of nefarious plans to kill Harry (in the face of Harry's strong "intuitions" about him.) It was also she who knew that treating the House Elves poorly would lead to bad consequences in the long run (which Harry did not realize, nor care to realize.) In the fourth book, she worked out how Rita Skeeter was managing to get inside the castle grounds. And in the fifth book, it was Hermione who suspected ahead of time that Voldemort was manipulating Harry's emotions to lure him to the ministry (which he pigheadedly denied, and which ended up getting his Sirius killed.) But Harry is always too dense to take her advice. Many aspects of his thinking style literally made me cringe.

I'll grant you Ron, though. But that's because Ron was basically an idiot.

Anyway, I always thought that the whole reason that Harry was able to impress Dumbledore was with his courage and depth of caring, not his cleverness or mental acuity. Well, that and his unfailing ability to blindly follow the orders of Dumbledore.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ is ridiculous for Hermione.

This is another one where there's little to no consensus.

Charizmatic

I personally think shes a T.

True she is there for harry and gets emotional- but she does it mainly for people she is close to or see's a larger picture for - its not like Ts are completely devoid of feeling.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Eh, I don't think he was able to piece things together faster than Hermione. In the first book, he needed her to work through Snape's defense of the philosopher's stone (and in the fourth book, when he encountered a similar puzzle situation, he wished Hermione had been there, and was only slowly able to work it out for himself.) Throughout the majority of the book series, it was Hermione who insisted that Snape was not a part of nefarious plans to kill Harry (in the face of Harry's strong "intuitions" about him.) It was also she who knew that treating the House Elves poorly would lead to bad consequences in the long run (which Harry did not realize, nor care to realize.) In the fourth book, she worked out how Rita Skeeter was managing to get inside the castle grounds. And in the fifth book, it was Hermione who suspected ahead of time that Voldemort was manipulating Harry's emotions to lure him to the ministry (which he pigheadedly denied, and which ended up getting his Sirius killed.) But Harry is always too dense to take her advice. Many aspects of his thinking style literally made me cringe.

I'll grant you Ron, though. But that's because Ron was basically an idiot.

Anyway, I always thought that the whole reason that Harry was able to impress Dumbledore was with his courage and depth of caring, not his cleverness or mental acuity. Well, that and his unfailing ability to blindly follow the orders of Dumbledore.

You have managed to convince me, honestly. You prove a very good point. I think you are right and I am wrong, I guess I wasn't looking into it enough.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
You have managed to convince me, honestly. You prove a very good point. I think you are right and I am wrong, I guess I wasn't looking into it enough.

Hmmm...I'm not sure how to interpret these words. So for now I'll just take them at face value. Thanks, and glad I could be of service.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, here's my master list (based on the books, not the movies):

Harry - ISFP
Hermione, Aberforth, Scrimgeour, Kreecher, Moody - ISTJ
Ron, Tonks - ESFP
Luna, Neville, Lupin, Pettigrew - INFP
Xenophilius - INTP
Ginny, Dudley, James, Rita Skeeter - ESTP
Fred, George, Mr. Weasley, Slughorn(?) - ENTP
Dobby, Umbridge, Mrs. Weasley, Hagrid, Lockhart, Aunt Petunia - ESFJ
Snape, Voldemort - INTJ
Draco, Lucius, Bellatrix, McGonagall, Uncle Vernon, Percy - ESTJ
Dumbledore, Ollivander, Trelawney - INFJ
Tonks, Sirius - ESFP
Lily, Fleur, Slughorn(?), Nearly Headless Nick, Myrtle - ENFJ
Fudge - ISFJ

R

Riva

I am beginning to think that Luna is an ENTP.
Although she seems to lack Logic i think her stpic logic is logic enough for her.
and she manages to prove her points doesn't she?
wait.............. i can't remember.
i take it back.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Okay, here's my master list (based on the books, not the movies):

Harry - ISFP
Hermione, Aberforth, Scrimgeour, Kreecher, Moody - ISTJ
Ron, Tonks - ESFP
Luna, Neville, Lupin, Pettigrew - INFP
Xenophilius - INTP
Ginny, Dudley, James, Rita Skeeter - ESTP
Fred, George, Mr. Weasley, Slughorn(?) - ENTP
Dobby, Umbridge, Mrs. Weasley, Hagrid, Lockhart, Aunt Petunia - ESFJ
Snape, Voldemort - INTJ
Draco, Lucius, Bellatrix, McGonagall, Uncle Vernon, Percy - ESTJ
Dumbledore, Ollivander, Trelawney - INFJ
Tonks, Sirius - ESFP
Lily, Fleur, Slughorn(?), Nearly Headless Nick, Myrtle - ENFJ
Fudge - ISFJ

I think htis discussion has gotten as far as it will go.

Luna is INFP, get over it.

Harry has not a single N fiber in his body, thats right NTs and NFs, YOUR HERO IS AN S!!!!(OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!111!!!!one!!)

I admit dumbldore is still up for debate but Id say he definitly NT of some sort.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, I'm not going over all of them - just the controversial ones.

Harry: ISFP
Hermione: IxTJ
Luna: INFP (where do you guys get the impression that she's a Ti-dom???)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hmmm...I'm not sure how to interpret these words. So for now I'll just take them at face value. Thanks, and glad I could be of service.

I was not being sarcastic, actually. I was being ignorant to begin with and you brought up a good point. It's typical of an ENFP to sometimes make this mistake and change opinions quickly.