• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

harry potter characters

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
hermione's a geeky stj (o, but aren't they all) i dont really care which.. probably estj.
she has far to much knowledge into the cho harry situation in the fifth(?) book to be intp. other types shock me like that, how they analyse drama all the time. an estj said stuff like that to me once and my brain died.

im leaning towards estj for these reasons:
she's forceful, as displayed when she corrects peoples spell prounciations. i should probably come up with a better example but im too tired.
she cries quite a bit which could push her over to the istj side (which is more intune with their feelings) but i've seen estjs cry occasionally... in public... over baby things... so they aren't actually that tough, although it can depend on the estj.
the brittleness that results from the two above points means she's stj. at least that's my reasoning.
additionally:
teachers lover her
she's driven, diligent (she ain't no ntp)
her value of correctness in details such as dot the i's and cross the t's indicated S especailly ST, because letters are like objects.
giving harry and ron diaries for christmas is very estj-like control and is assuming.

i might only tend to think istj is ebcause she so used to spending time alone. although estjs can do that, especially when compared to EFs. i knew an estj loner... she was that annoying. sound like anyone i've been discussing?

she's a very intelligent estj, me thinks. it annoys me when i read people's notions that suggest intellectualism and IN/NT can't be seperated.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
^ Agreed. She is intelligent, but her intelligence is much more pragmatic than an N's would be. Every question she answers is copied directly from the assigned textbooks. At the beginning, she was obsessed about following rules. Even in the sixth book, she refused to entertain an idea that deviated from the textbook because it wasn't the 'official' way of doing things (when Harry first found the HBP's textbook). What kind of NT would abandon an idea just because it wasn't official? NTs don't own the patent on intelligence.

This reminds me of a thread I found on a Harry Potter forum once, where they were discussing whether or not Hermione would even be able to get past the Ravenclaw door were she in that house. They guessed not, as she just doesn't think that way, regardless of how smart she is. If she got asked that phoenix question, she'd probably end up in the library researching the history of the phoenix to determine whether or not the phoenix came before the fire for hours in order to be able to give the exact answer.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
hermione's a geeky stj (o, but aren't they all) i dont really care which.. probably estj.
she has far to much knowledge into the cho harry situation in the fifth(?) book to be intp. other types shock me like that, how they analyse drama all the time. an estj said stuff like that to me once and my brain died.

im leaning towards estj for these reasons:
she's forceful, as displayed when she corrects peoples spell prounciations. i should probably come up with a better example but im too tired.
she cries quite a bit which could push her over to the istj side (which is more intune with their feelings) but i've seen estjs cry occasionally... in public... over baby things... so they aren't actually that tough, although it can depend on the estj.
the brittleness that results from the two above points means she's stj. at least that's my reasoning.
additionally:
teachers lover her
she's driven, diligent (she ain't no ntp)
her value of correctness in details such as dot the i's and cross the t's indicated S especailly ST, because letters are like objects.
giving harry and ron diaries for christmas is very estj-like control and is assuming.

i might only tend to think istj is ebcause she so used to spending time alone. although estjs can do that, especially when compared to EFs. i knew an estj loner... she was that annoying. sound like anyone i've been discussing?

she's a very intelligent estj, me thinks. it annoys me when i read people's notions that suggest intellectualism and IN/NT can't be seperated.

I agree with all of your analysis here in terms of her STJ-ness, however I do think she is I. She does have a preference, albeit slight, for solitude and close friendships only. However it might be because she is preoccupied with schoolwork and/or feels isolated from others because she is Muggle born.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Harry- ISFP
Ron- ESFP
Hermione- ESTJ
Ginny- Not sure to be honest, I'll have to reread the books
The Weasley Twins- ENTP
Mrs. Weasley- ESFJ
Mr. Weasley- INTP
Slughorn- ENTP
Lupin- INFP
Sirius- INFP
Draco- INTJ?
Voldemort- INTJ
Dumbledore- INTJ
Luna- INTP
McGonagall- ESTJ
Snape- INTP ?
Hagrid- INFJ? ISFJ? I'm gonna say INFJ, but ISFJ is a possibility.

I forgot a million people, but yeah.

I agree with like a lot of this except:

Hermoiine: ixtj. (review others arguments for this)
Ginny: esfj (she's basically a young version of her mother. I could be persuaded for enfj as well but it seems unlikely)
Sirius: Enfp (He was very anxious about being alone in book 5, and very surly about his forced introversion)
snape: INTJ (see others arguements)

Hagrid: INFP... where do you get a J? he barely had lesson plans or anything resembling organization, and he was extremely impulsive (HEY LETS BRING MY WEE GIANT BROTHER HOME AND BUY THIS DRAGON EGG)

and as for Draco: Id say intj or entj

and for some added people...

Neville: Infp
Percy: xstj
Bill: Estp
Fleur: enfp
Cedric: xnfj
Cho: Isfp
Umbridge: estj
fudge: estj
Lavender: Exfx
Pettigrew: isfj
Lily: enfp (friends with snape for long, intuitive potion maker, stood up for him & stood by her values, ect)

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I have decided, upon much contemplation in the shower last night, that Draco is ENTx

a. he is always coming up with plans (those potter stinks badges, how to get onto his quiddich team with expensive brooms, how to get the death eaters into the school,) schemes, and he is... rather witty

in addition, he is always thinking in terms of the future (in book 6 on the train when he was planning on not returning to school bc of his death eater aspirations), and always thinking about where he is going & how to get there

he never seems particularly grounded

and he obviously doesn't give a hoot about rules.

so yes ENTx :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For fucks sake people Harry is not a feeler.

Harry- ESTP
Ron- ESFP
Hermione- ISTJ
Fred & George- ENTP
Ginny- INFP
Percy- xSTJ
Charlie- ESTP
Bill- ESTJ
Mr Weasley- INTP
Mrs Weasley- ESFJ
Sirius- INFJ
Remus- INTJ
Hagrid- ESFJ
Dumbledore- INTJ
Snape- INTJ
McGonagall- ISTJ
Voldemort- INTJ
Lucius Malfoy- ENTJ
Draco Malfoy- ENTJ
etc...

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
For fucks sake people Harry is not a feeler.

Harry- ESTP
Harry constantly shows the need to be alone or around people he trusts: probably an introvert.

everything he does, running away from school for horcruxes, all of his angst, the choices he makes (befriend draco at age 11 or not?) they are all on his feelings. Name one THINKING choice Harry has ever happily made? he is capable, certainly, but he PREFERS feeling, its his first instinct, he does this repeatedly with his heated defense of friends, endless loyalty out of feeling not analysis, and this is what he stands for: THE ABILITY TO FEEL LOVE
*breathes out*

Ron- ESFP- yes
Hermione- ISTJ
Perhaps. Doubt it strongly. xNTJ makes million times more sense. read others arguements.

Fred & George- ENTP- yes
Ginny- INFP
interesting.... I would like this very much. But how so?

Percy- xSTJ- yes
Charlie- ESTP- yes
Bill- ESTJ- how is he a J? estp.
Mr Weasley- INTP-yes
Mrs Weasley- ESFJ- yes

Sirius- INFJ
This is curious. I completely agree about the NF but Sirius HATES to be alone (book 5 anyone?) and if you look at who he is and his aims, they're not very J... he's very spontaneous. But I do see how the infj description fits him... your reasoning? I'd guess enfp.

Remus- INTJ
I see what you mean. But infj makes more sense. or even infp. he's a bit of a tortured, feeling soul who forces himself to be more thinking because of hardships

Hagrid- ESFJ
How is Hagrid a J? esfp...or isfp.

Dumbledore- INTJ -
why? I thought infj or intp honestly. but i see intj.

and I agree for the following-
Snape- INTJ
McGonagall- ISTJ
Voldemort- INTJ
Lucius Malfoy- ENTJ
Draco Malfoy- ENTJ

etc...

explanations pwease? :yes:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
gigi said:
Harry constantly shows the need to be alone or around people he trusts: probably an introvert.
Nah, he's an extrovert. He's shy at first, but that's simply due to not fitting in with his muggle family, and being dropped head-first into an entirely different world. He clearly enjoys social contact.

everything he does, running away from school for horcruxes, all of his angst, the choices he makes (befriend draco at age 11 or not?) they are all on his feelings. Name one THINKING choice Harry has ever happily made? he is capable, certainly, but he PREFERS feeling, its his first instinct, he does this repeatedly with his heated defense of friends, endless loyalty out of feeling not analysis, and this is what he stands for: THE ABILITY TO FEEL LOVE
Not feeling -- Gut instinct, which is not the same as emotion. Harry's an impulsive Perceiver, but he's clear-headed.

Perhaps. Doubt it strongly. xNTJ makes million times more sense. read others arguements.
Will later, but so far as I can tell, that girl does not have a creative bone in her body, she's just a bookworm. Just look at how she reacted to the Half-blood Prince going against the textbook's instructions. She appears smart because she has a prodigious memory and can act out any instructions she reads or are given to her to the letter.

interesting.... I would like this very much. But how so?
She's dreamy, quiet, very emotional. She just gives off cute/cuddly INFP vibes.

I see what you mean. But infj makes more sense. or even infp. he's a bit of a tortured, feeling soul who forces himself to be more thinking because of hardships
He's T. He was described as a highly logical student growing up -- the Hermione to the James-Sirius-Remus trio. Rather he's become less of a thinker as he grew older, rather than more.

How is Hagrid a J? esfp...or isfp.
Hagrid is very dutiful, typical Guardian. I messed up his classification though, he's ISFJ rather than E.

why? I thought infj or intp honestly. but i see intj.
Up to book 4 I would have easily typed him an INFJ, but as the war developed he came out as more of a strategist. He was fully outed as a manipulative son of a bitch after his death.

Bill I'm not sure about (I don't think there's enough info to type him J/P). Sirius I really fucked up, in retrospect.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Nah, he's an extrovert. He's shy at first, but that's simply due to not fitting in with his muggle family, and being dropped head-first into an entirely different world. He clearly enjoys social contact.

Not feeling -- Gut instinct, which is not the same as emotion. Harry's an impulsive Perceiver, but he's clear-headed.

I'd say he is very rarely clear headed, but he is under a LOT of emotional strain. I still say xxfp. how do you explain his constant gut instinct when he is a fairly defined S?

Will later, but so far as I can tell, that girl does not have a creative bone in her body, she's just a bookworm. Just look at how she reacted to the Half-blood Prince going against the textbook's instructions. She appears smart because she has a prodigious memory and can act out any instructions she reads or are given to her to the letter.

But would an istj runaway with her best friend, drop out of school and try to fix the world?

She's dreamy, quiet, very emotional. She just gives off cute/cuddly INFP vibes.

sold.

He's T. He was described as a highly logical student growing up -- the Hermione to the James-Sirius-Remus trio. Rather he's become less of a thinker as he grew older, rather than more.

Hagrid is very dutiful, typical Guardian. I messed up his classification though, he's ISFJ rather than E.

agreed here as well

Up to book 4 I would have easily typed him an INFJ, but as the war developed he came out as more of a strategist. He was fully outed as a manipulative son of a bitch after his death.

still not fully certain. I'd vote INfJ. but I see it.

Bill I'm not sure about (I don't think there's enough info to type him J/P).

He is described as "Not down to earth, he's a cruse breaker for the bank!" hence my P vibe.

Sirius I really fucked up, in retrospect.

what do you think now? I still say EnfP.

:yes: more explanations?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
gigi said:
:yes: more explanations?
Sure, no prob. :)

I'd say he is very rarely clear headed, but he is under a LOT of emotional strain. I still say xxfp. how do you explain his constant gut instinct when he is a fairly defined S?
He's clear-headed except when under stress - which, given who he is, is rather common in his life. "Gut instinct" is, further, not what defines N, it defines P. The MBTI definition of intuition is not the same as the dictionary definition; Harry's pretty far from abstract.

But would an istj runaway with her best friend, drop out of school and try to fix the world?
It's not like she had a choice, and she was rather reticent about it, and in any case that'd be more of a case for switching her classification to ISTP (Seriously, would an INTJ do that any more than an ISTJ?). In any case I'd argue that being around Harry and Ron too long changed her, which was actually rather noticeable throughout the series.

still not fully certain. I'd vote INfJ. but I see it.
No, no, he's not any kind of Feeler. Would a Feeler remorselessly manipulate a kid for 6 years, without letting on that his destiny was to get himself killed so the world would be saved?

He is described as "Not down to earth, he's a cruse breaker for the bank!" hence my P vibe.
Yeah, you're right. ESTP it is.

what do you think now? I still say EnfP.
I think young Sirius was an ENTP - very Fred/George-like. The trauma of years in jail turned him into an F.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Sure, no prob. :)

He's clear-headed except when under stress - which, given who he is, is rather common in his life. "Gut instinct" is, further, not what defines N, it defines P. The MBTI definition of intuition is not the same as the dictionary definition; Harry's pretty far from abstract.

you almost have me. so... ESTP... what is there description? I would still say he's a FEELING T lol

It's not like she had a choice, and she was rather reticent about it, and in any case that'd be more of a case for switching her classification to ISTP (Seriously, would an INTJ do that any more than an ISTJ?). In any case I'd argue that being around Harry and Ron too long changed her, which was actually rather noticeable throughout the series.

yes, INTJs arent as bent on the rules, are they? they're more defined by their OWN values, where as istjs are typically more drawn to society's values. I see a bit of abstraction in her, much more so than Harry or Ron. when she describes all of Cho's complex feelings, very intuitive, when she problem solves for them using not ONLY past experience but her own innovation... and istj's have very little N. I think its their inferior, yes? what of isfj or intj? I cant be sold on istj for her yet.

No, no, he's not any kind of Feeler. Would a Feeler remorselessly manipulate a kid for 6 years, without letting on that his destiny was to get himself killed so the world would be saved?

You're right. INTJ.

Yeah, you're right. ESTP it is.

merci!

I think young Sirius was an ENTP - very Fred/George-like. The trauma of years in jail turned him into an F.

I agree young Sirius was innovative, but a bit colder. He became a fairly typical ENFP post-azkaban. gosh i love him :)

more on your version Harry & hermoine? :)

I finally found someone to debate mbti AND harry potter with, gosh I'm happy lol

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gigi said:
more on your version Harry & hermoine? :)
Sure. :)

you almost have me.
Do I, now. ;)

so... ESTP... what is there description?
I'm not sure what you're asking. You want a description of the ESTP type? There are several website descriptions, but I'll give you my own and save you the hassle.

ESTPs are the wheeler-dealer type. They're fast-moving, fast-talking, assertive, enthusiastic, they love action, and they're very good at maneuvering people. They make excellent salesmen and promoters, although they often prefer more action-packed professions like firefighting. They are very similar to ENTPs, but lack the creative genius of the latter.

I would still say he's a FEELING T lol
Well, that's not as much of an oxymoron as people would think. Since they're human and not the spawn of Satan, thinkers have emotions, just like you, me, or anyone else. In fact, like all people, they're emotionally motivated. However, they make decisions to achieve these motivations based on logical thought rather than emotional appeal.

yes, INTJs arent as bent on the rules, are they? they're more defined by their OWN values, where as istjs are typically more drawn to society's values. I see a bit of abstraction in her, much more so than Harry or Ron. when she describes all of Cho's complex feelings, very intuitive, when she problem solves for them using not ONLY past experience but her own innovation... and istj's have very little N. I think its their inferior, yes? what of isfj or intj? I cant be sold on istj for her yet.
INTJs aren't bent on following the rules of others, but they're not prone to reckless decision-making of that sort, either. They'd be much more likely to devise an elaborate plan to save the world than to actively leave everything behind and go do it.

Her describing of Cho's feelings was more in the vein of Holmesian attentiveness to detail, but lacked Holmes' characteristic big-picture finish; signature of intuitive inductive reasoning -- Intuitors tie in all the out-of-place details and draw a picture of what happened. She did not. Her S is weaker than Harry's or Ron's though. Reading Cho is, further, not really a sign of her being a Feeler. She can't be a Feeler because she's, for lack of a better word, bitchy. She's very cold to people she doesn't know very well, and retained a cold and distant attitude to almost everyone other than Harry and Ron throughout the series.

And yes, Ne is the ISTJ inferior - Hermione displays much more Ne than Ni, however, and Ni is the INTJ dominant function.

You're right. INTJ.
Cool. :cool:

Avec plaisir. ;)

I agree young Sirius was innovative, but a bit colder. He became a fairly typical ENFP post-azkaban. gosh i love him
I like him, too.

I finally found someone to debate mbti AND harry potter with, gosh I'm happy lol
Hahaha, so am I. :) Not too many of my friends like Harry Potter.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Sure. :)

Do I, now. ;)

ALLLLMOST :)

I'm not sure what you're asking. You want a description of the ESTP type? There are several website descriptions, but I'll give you my own and save you the hassle.

ESTPs are the wheeler-dealer type. They're fast-moving, fast-talking, assertive, enthusiastic, they love action, and they're very good at maneuvering people. They make excellent salesmen and promoters, although they often prefer more action-packed professions like firefighting. They are very similar to ENTPs, but lack the creative genius of the latter.

yes, I did want an estp description :) Now give me examples of how sir Harry illustrates this? because I'm not sure it fits him any better than my original guess of isfp does lol

Well, that's not as much of an oxymoron as people would think. Since they're human and not the spawn of Satan, thinkers have emotions, just like you, me, or anyone else. In fact, like all people, they're emotionally motivated. However, they make decisions to achieve these motivations based on logical thought rather than emotional appeal.

LOL I dont know, Im pretty sure Satan is a T, so I'm not ruling it out :yes: haha but anyways, I still dont know. I feel like a lot of his decisions are emotionally implusive, but then I think about how he maintains his composer at other times.... like in the department of mysteries. but he gets so emotional afterwards. but he seemed so analytical and distant with Cho and when he has to break up with Ginny for his epic quest, blah blah lol. basically- i see both.

INTJs aren't bent on following the rules of others, but they're not prone to reckless decision-making of that sort, either. They'd be much more likely to devise an elaborate plan to save the world than to actively leave everything behind and go do it.

and I don't know, I know a couple INTJs who act on their plans instead of enlistng others, theyre much more active than INTPs... and ISTJ seems so unlikely to runaway to save the world instead of following the order and practical solutions they can see...

Her describing of Cho's feelings was more in the vein of Holmesian attentiveness to detail, but lacked Holmes' characteristic big-picture finish; signature of intuitive inductive reasoning -- Intuitors tie in all the out-of-place details and draw a picture of what happened. She did not. Her S is weaker than Harry's or Ron's though. Reading Cho is, further, not really a sign of her being a Feeler. She can't be a Feeler because she's, for lack of a better word, bitchy. She's very cold to people she doesn't know very well, and retained a cold and distant attitude to almost everyone other than Harry and Ron throughout the series.

and yes, Hermoine being a feeler is so far off base. But I see her N rather frequently...all of her solutions and insights that Harry & Ron miss... but is this just a developed inferior Ne with a very honed Si? I'm not sure...

And yes, Ne is the ISTJ inferior - Hermione displays much more Ne than Ni, however, and Ni is the INTJ dominant function.

Hahaha, so am I. :) Not too many of my friends like Harry Potter.

and yeah most of my friends think MBTI is silly too, nevermind trying to type fictional witches & wizards... theyre SO missing our.

so lets keep this going.... do you concur with these? :)

Lily: enfp (friends with snape for long, intuitive potion maker, stood up for him & stood by her values, ect)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gigi said:
yes, I did want an estp description Now give me examples of how sir Harry illustrates this? because I'm not sure it fits him any better than my original guess of isfp does lol
He's an impulsive risk-taker. He's heavily interested and skilled in physical activity, as shown by his love of quidditch and skill in Defense Against the Dark Arts. He can be very clear-headed and logical about these sorts of things (STP-inclined activities) that interest him. He tends to become overtly emotional only when his life or the life of one of his friends is threatened.

As for E vs I... Harry greatly enjoys the company of other people. He likes hanging out not only with Ron and Hermione, but with the Twins, Neville, Luna, his Quiddich team, and essentially anyone else who's interested in his company. He retreats from the crowd only when he's suffered deep emotional trauma, and even then seeks emotional support from Ron and Hermione (Especially Ron). Notice, for example, that in book 4 Harry felt very lonely, beleaguered and sad, because he'd lost Ron as a friend.

LOL I dont know, Im pretty sure Satan is a T, so I'm not ruling it out haha
Well, there are good and evil Ts, just like there are good and evil Fs, the difference in how they act being basically the same. In the case of evil Feelers, they're generally more sadistic and quick to anger than their T counterparts. A truly evil (human) Thinker would be a psychopath or a sociopath, whom make up less than 5% of the general population, so since half the general population is T (And a bit under two thirds of men), that means the vast majority of thinkers are not evil.

As for Satan, he's most likely an ENTJ.

but anyways, I still dont know. I feel like a lot of his decisions are emotionally implusive, but then I think about how he maintains his composer at other times.... like in the department of mysteries. but he gets so emotional afterwards. but he seemed so analytical and distant with Cho and when he has to break up with Ginny for his epic quest, blah blah lol. basically- i see both.
Yes, he gets emotional when under stress - not a rare thing for any T type. Given that he bases his actions themselves on logic (and impulse, a P trait), some good examples of that being the ones that you stated above, he's likely a T.

and I don't know, I know a couple INTJs who act on their plans instead of enlistng others, theyre much more active than INTPs... and ISTJ seems so unlikely to runaway to save the world instead of following the order and practical solutions they can see...
An INTJ would be unlikely to act on a plan in such an impulsive manner. And most importantly, they'd be likely to have a plan in the first place, instead of running away to save the world without having any large idea as to how, like she did. In fact, an INTJ Hermione would very quickly realize Harry didn't have a plan, and remedied that situation.

and yes, Hermoine being a feeler is so far off base. But I see her N rather frequently...all of her solutions and insights that Harry & Ron miss... but is this just a developed inferior Ne with a very honed Si? I'm not sure...
Yes, it's probably a developed Ne with a very sharp Si. Hermione's Si is actually painfully evident, that girl has the memory of an elephant.

and yeah most of my friends think MBTI is silly too, nevermind trying to type fictional witches & wizards... theyre SO missing our.
Oh yes they are. I actually love speculating on the types of all my favorite fictional characters (And I think I may have run through all of them already at this point
lol.gif
).

so lets keep this going.... do you concur with these?

Cedric: ENFJ
Cho: ESFP
Umbridge: Evil ISTJ
Lavender: ESFP

The rest are spot-on.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
He's an impulsive risk-taker. He's heavily interested and skilled in physical activity, as shown by his love of quidditch and skill in Defense Against the Dark Arts. He can be very clear-headed and logical about these sorts of things (STP-inclined activities) that interest him. He tends to become overtly emotional only when his life or the life of one of his friends is threatened.

As for E vs I... Harry greatly enjoys the company of other people. He likes hanging out not only with Ron and Hermione, but with the Twins, Neville, Luna, his Quiddich team, and essentially anyone else who's interested in his company. He retreats from the crowd only when he's suffered deep emotional trauma, and even then seeks emotional support from Ron and Hermione (Especially Ron). Notice, for example, that in book 4 Harry felt very lonely, beleaguered and sad, because he'd lost Ron as a friend.

estp it is then :)

Well, there are good and evil Ts, just like there are good and evil Fs, the difference in how they act being basically the same. In the case of evil Feelers, they're generally more sadistic and quick to anger than their T counterparts. A truly evil (human) Thinker would be a psychopath or a sociopath, whom make up less than 5% of the general population, so since half the general population is T (And a bit under two thirds of men), that means the vast majority of thinkers are not evil.

As for Satan, he's most likely an ENTJ.

or entp?

Yes, he gets emotional when under stress - not a rare thing for any T type. Given that he bases his actions themselves on logic (and impulse, a P trait), some good examples of that being the ones that you stated above, he's likely a T.

An INTJ would be unlikely to act on a plan in such an impulsive manner. And most importantly, they'd be likely to have a plan in the first place, instead of running away to save the world without having any large idea as to how, like she did. In fact, an INTJ Hermione would very quickly realize Harry didn't have a plan, and remedied that situation.

Yes, it's probably a developed Ne with a very sharp Si. Hermione's Si is actually painfully evident, that girl has the memory of an elephant.

you sure Hermione isnt an E? and what things make her istj? it seems like it can be such a boring type :(

Oh yes they are. I actually love speculating on the types of all my favorite fictional characters (And I think I may have run through all of them already at this point
lol.gif
).

Cedric: ENFJ

why E? and why J actually?

Cho: ESFP

She is rather chatty, I'll agree here

Umbridge: Evil ISTJ

You sure she isn't an E? she seems to feed off Fudge

Lavender: ESFP

haha probs

The rest are spot-on.

some more for kicks...

Parvati: ESFJ

Seamus: ESFP

Dean: ISTP

Bellatrix: entp?

Romilda: entj

:cheese:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You really think Harry is an ESTP? Seriously? He's such an ISFP.

Umbridge is ESTJ.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
gigi said:
estp it is then
Glad we agree. :)

Are you calling me Satan? No fun. :( (;))

In all seriousness, Satan is generally depicted as someone who plans everything he does. He's sometimes depicted as ENTP or INTJ, but he's usually shown as an ENTJ.

you sure Hermione isnt an E? and what things make her istj? it seems like it can be such a boring type
She's an introvert. Like I said before, she's bitchy. She's very distant and cold from everyone else other than Harry and Ron, and the only reason she even looked at the two of them was because they saved her life. She spends most of her time (and virtually all of her time not with Harry & Ron) buried behind a pile of books, and she seems to very much like it that way.

And yes, ISTJs are boring, but Hermione is actually the least boring ISTJ I've seen.

He likes all the attention he gets.

and why J actually?
I think you picked J to begin with, no? He strikes me like an NFJ, he's somewhat organized and methodical, and he's got that kind of personality (hard on the outside, cuddly on the inside). ;)

She is rather chatty, I'll agree here
Yep yep. :)

You sure she isn't an E? she seems to feed off Fudge
She's a bit of a parrot, but that's more an S trait. She doesn't seem to actually enjoy conversing with people - indeed, she shuts people out when she isn't torturing them or making their lives a living hell. Remember, if you will, that her class consisted of her writing down pointless babble while her students quietly wrote it down.

haha probs
Not probably, definitely. She's spontaneous, carefree, and very physical. Ron ended up dumping her because she wouldn't get off him.

some more for kicks...

Parvati: ESFJ

Seamus: ESFP

Dean: ISTP

Bellatrix: entp?

Romilda: entj
Bellatrix: Sociopathic INTP with a bizarre crush on Riddle, or a psychotic INFP.

Romilda: xNTJ. All we know is she's a cunning planner, there isn't enough info on her to know if she's an E or an I.

Otherwise agree.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You really think Harry is an ESTP? Seriously? He's such an ISFP.
well if you say so then there's nothing left to discuss, o mighty cat

I just presented a rational, rather extensive and evidence-backed argument for him being ESTP. If you have an actual justification for him not being so, feel free to present it. God knows I love a challenge.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Glad we agree. :)

Are you calling me Satan? No fun. :( (;))

definitely :yes:

In all seriousness, Satan is generally depicted as someone who plans everything he does. He's sometimes depicted as ENTP or INTJ, but he's usually shown as an ENTJ.

I can see ENTJ or ENTP. Idk about INTJ, he seems like a people person :)

She's an introvert. Like I said before, she's bitchy. She's very distant and cold from everyone else other than Harry and Ron, and the only reason she even looked at the two of them was because they saved her life. She spends most of her time (and virtually all of her time not with Harry & Ron) buried behind a pile of books, and she seems to very much like it that way.

And yes, ISTJs are boring, but Hermione is actually the least boring ISTJ I've seen.

I dated an ISTJ for 2 years. Looking back we didn't talk about very much. lots of arguing. what an awful type... jk sorta :cheese:

I dont want Hermione to be the same type as my ex, can't she be intj pwease? but yes, introvert seems right

He likes all the attention he gets.
yes, yes he does

I think you picked J to begin with, no? He strikes me like an NFJ, he's somewhat organized and methodical, and he's got that kind of personality (hard on the outside, cuddly on the inside). ;)

Yes, thats why I picked the J in the first place. He has that NF sense of value and honor though. he was so cute.

Yep yep. :)

She's a bit of a parrot, but that's more an S trait. She doesn't seem to actually enjoy conversing with people - indeed, she shuts people out when she isn't torturing them or making their lives a living hell. Remember, if you will, that her class consisted of her writing down pointless babble while her students quietly wrote it down.

god she was awful.

Not probably, definitely. She's spontaneous, carefree, and very physical. Ron ended up dumping her because she wouldn't get off him.

Bellatrix: Sociopathic INTP with a bizarre crush on Riddle, or a psychotic INFP.

I'd say she's a psychotic XNFP because she does everything she does based on her own sick and twised value system, she seems to feel very deeply for voldy there, and her emotions are constantly getting the better of her, making her act entirely unstable and crazy. But why do you say introvert? she seems fairly outgoing... haha, not that I want her on my type's team, but I see how she could be an ENFP gone horribly, horribly, wrong.

Romilda: xNTJ. All we know is she's a cunning planner, there isn't enough info on her to know if she's an E or an I.

agreed.
Otherwise agree.

hmmm, other random ones...

quirrel- ISFJ
barty crouch- estj
barty crouch jr- infj
moody himself- ixtj
Victor Krum- Istp
Narcissa- ExFJ

go on then :yes: