• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

harry potter characters

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I've been reading the Hermione debate, and it's amusing to see all the N votes. I personally can't see it, as while she does develop her N side further throughout the series, there were still clear SJ indicators in there. I won't restate the ones from the first few books as they're extremely evident, but if you consider in the sixth book when Harry found a more efficient way to make potions, Hermione refused to even entertain the thought of using them because they weren't the "official" instructions. I vote ISTJ.

dorareever

MBTI Type
INFP
I can't see Harry being INFP. ISFP would make more sense, but I'm not too sure about his type. Maybe because he's the character of the books I care less about. :huh:

Ron- ISFP or ISTP
Hermione- ISTJ or ISFJ. Maybe just a teenage female ISTJ so more emotional.
Dumbledore- INFJ. Yes, even after the last book.
Voldemort- INTJ
Snape- INTJ
Lupin- so INFP it hurts
Tonks- ESFP I'd guess.
Sirius- ENFP
Luna- another INFP
Draco- ENTJ
Lucius-ENTJ?
Narcissa- ISFJ
Neville- another INFP? could be?:shock:
Mrs. Weasley- ESFJ
Mr Weasley- ENTP?
Twins-ENTP or ENFP
Hagrid- ISFP
MacGonagall- ENTJ
Vernon- ESTJ
Petunia- ISTJ
Dudley- ESTP
Dobby- ISFJ?

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
Good list, dorareever! I agree with most of them. You’re dead on with the Dursleys and probably Dobby too. Even those I disagree with are interesting.

Hermione is probably the most difficult main character to type. Clearly she has stronge usage of functions outside of any one type. She could be an INTJ with a very high Si memory function and pretty good F functions at times. Her crusade to free the House Elves seemed quite NF. She comes across as ISTJ at times, obviously. At least there’s no doubt about her being a J.

The only one I’ll bother challenging you on is Dumbledore. I already made my case for him as an ENTP earlier in this thread. If you can make a better one for him being an INFJ, I’d love to read it.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Dobby- ISFJ?

house-elves, by default, would be labeled isfj. if myers-brigg is applicable to them, however, I'd say Dobby would be an enfp. He's one of the (probably) very few house-elves who sought freedom. He was daring enough to sneak out of the malfoy's manor to warn Harry about the coming dangers in 1992. He also sympathized with winky when other elves looked down on her in her time of need. An isfj house-elf would be one of the most severely obident kinds house-elves.

Anyway, here are some of my thoughts:

harry; istp

harry displays a lot of T toughness when putting up with the Dursleys. Also, when I think of isfp, I think of refined senses, a gentle touch and warm sentiment. Harry, however, generally bottles up his thoughts/emotions until they explode IN CAPLOCKS FURY! He excels in logical problem solving when under pressure and ,overall, is either distant and reserved OR aggressive and actiony, which suggests T to me.

had harry had grown up normally, I still couldn't imagine that he would've engage in anything that involved his feeling side

hermione; enfj

the hermione jkr presents in the first book is an estj. she's a bossy know-it -all who aggressively involves herself in every situation. She is firmly against rule breaking, and associates herself with authority figures such as percy and mcgonagall; also, her intelligence and hardwork quickly earn her a place as top student.

her confidence, however, masks her need of acceptance and fear of failure.

The ENFJ may feel quite lonely even when surrounded by people. This feeling of aloneness may be exacerbated by the tendency to not reveal their true selves.

i agree that hermione's background may have lead her to be more aggressive than the average ENFJ, but all in all she is very compassionate, generous, passionate, etc.

she's definitely more multi-faceted than ron and harry. i suspect this is due to her establishment as intelligent from the very beginning. hermione's role as "brains" in the trio is convenient because she can have vast amounts of random, linear knowledge AND particularly ingenious and insightful without actually worrying about whether she's a sensor or intuitive, etc.

ron; esfp
fred; extp
george; isfp
  • It should be noted that Fred is the more dominant twin, while George show considerable more amounts of emotions/morals. they maybe twins, but they don't have be exactly the same.
molly; esfj
arthur; enfp
percy; estj
ginny; potential enfp

draco; estp
neville; ixfp
luna; infp
  • more F than T in her faith based beliefs, aggressive defense of her beliefs,
    ease with comforting harry after sirius' death.
dumbledore; entp
mcgonagall; estj
hagrid; isfj
flitwick; potential infp
  • intelligent and creative (head of Ravenclaw); cried when Ginny was taken
    the Chamber of Secrets; flexible, forgiving teacher; only aggressive when
    defending hogwarts from death eaters.
trelawny; potential infp
  • since she's nutters
sirius; enxp
lupin; infx
james; estp
lily; enfj
snape; intj
voldemort; intj
bellatrix; fuck

Last edited:

scarecrow

MBTI Type
intj
dumbledore entp. but people want him to be a wise adorable infj grandpa.
harry isfp. not a t.
ron istp. the most t of the 3.
hermione starts out xntj becomes xnfj.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
bellatrix; fuck

LOL

I wonder if Luna is an INFP though (as everyone seems to think)...I mean, she doesn't seem to take *anything* personally, and from what I have read, this is almost a quintessential trait of the type. Also, remember how quick she was to answer the doorknob to the Ravenclaw Tower's question?

She struck me as being in an almost perpetual state of detachment. Having odd beliefs, I think, does not necessarily exclude the possibility of her being INTP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I won't restate the ones from the first few books as they're extremely evident, but if you consider in the sixth book when Harry found a more efficient way to make potions, Hermione refused to even entertain the thought of using them because they weren't the "official" instructions.

I was under the impression that the reasons why she didn't want to use the Prince's instructions weren't so much because they were "unofficial", but because she believed it to be dishonest and unfair. With everybody on equal footing (i.e. using the same instructions), then the person with the most skill would truly come out on top. With Harry using someone else's innovations, he was being dishonest and cheating.

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
LOL

I wonder if Luna is an INFP though (as everyone seems to think)...I mean, she doesn't seem to take *anything* personally, and from what I have read, this is almost a quintessential trait of the type. Also, remember how quick she was to answer the doorknob to the Ravenclaw Tower's question?

She struck me as being in an almost perpetual state of detachment. Having odd beliefs, I think, does not necessarily exclude the possibility of her being INTP.

I'm INTP and spotted her as One of Us from the start.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
LOL

then maybe I'm an INTP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
then maybe I'm an INTP.

Well it looks like your percentages are close for either so, I guess, pick one and go nuts!

But Luna in the book just seems so generally unaffected by feeling. One exception to this might be that part in the seventh book where Harry and the others look at her bedroom and she has those big paintings of them all on her wall.

But then again I can't see any reason why this should rule out INTP's.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I guess she could be, but she's the one character in the book I relate to the most. So that might be why I'm bias, I'm sure their are plenty of other INTP's that I relate to as well.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I guess she could be, but she's the one character in the book I relate to the most. So that might be why I'm bias, I'm sure their are plenty of other INTP's that I relate to as well.

The types are fairly similar from what I understand.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah, my dad I'm 70% positive is INTP and we get each other the most out of the whole family. Which is why I'm not vehemently disagreeing with you.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
I'm INTP and spotted her as One of Us from the start.

that's not very credible, since I immediately identified her as an INFP.

in the end, however, i think you are right. she's probably an INTP. although she did comfort harry after sirius' death, she didn't do it in a particularly feeling way. she just offered him what she thought was the truth about death and why it was illogical for harry to be sad.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Remember when they were in the carts going to Hogwarts from the train in the fifth book? The way she spoke the truth about Hagrid's less-than-ideal class in front of people who were known (and fierce) friends of his, I would say that she definitely isn't up there on the empathy/sensitivity scale.

that's not very credible, since I immediately identified her as an INFP.

BTW I think he was pointing out to me that he was the first one to peg her as an INTP. I made it seem as though nobody had before.

Anentropic IxTx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Given that people's persona-types can change over time [especially considering the existence of such soul-splitting things as horcruxes], what about Voldemort vs. Tom Riddle?
LV: INTJ
TR: ISTP

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Where's the "ISTP vibe" from Tom Riddle?
I think he was an INTJ from the beginning- maybe it's the inferior Se talking.

Anentropic IxTx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
That's Voldemort. I found Tom Riddle before the change to be more calculating and good at listening.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
My guesses are...

Harry - ISTP

Hermione - INTJ

Ron - ESFP