• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Office

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Michael
scott.jpg

Dwight
dwight_schrute.jpg

Jim
Johnoffice.jpg

Pam
Pambeesly_theoffice.jpg

Michael- EST?
Dwight- ISTJ
Jim- INFP or INTP Not really sure but I think he is so cute and I love that he and Pam have hooked up! :wubbie:
Pam-INFJ

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Michael- EST?
Dwight- ISTJ
Jim- INFP or INTP Not really sure but I think he is so cute and I love that he and Pam have hooked up! :wubbie:
Pam-INFJ
Jim seems INTP to me with a slight inclination towards E. The way he toys with life in his mind in response to the inconsistencies. He also plays jokes at others expense which in his case is rather cute, but it also seems xTxP in that aspect. He doesn't seem Fi at all.

Pam seems IxFx, but she does lack a certain self-awareness common to INFPs. She is mildly difficult to me to type. She doesn't strike me as an INFJ because she isn't very analytical or intuitive. She may be borderline on one or two functions. She could possibly be an ISFJ since that type sometimes enjoys a playful humor based on people acting outside their norms. She seems to follow whatever others expect of her. It's possible she is an N, but I would say an underdeveloped one. She takes Jim's lead in pretty much every intuitive interaction.

Dwight is a definite xSTJ, although he seems kind of extroverted to me.

Angela is an extreme ISTJ imo.
smm_20061201_office_angela.jpg

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Jim seems INTP to me with a slight inclination towards E. The way he toys with life in his mind in response to the inconsistencies. He also plays jokes at others expense which in his case is rather cute, but it also seems xTxP in that aspect. He doesn't seem Fi at all.
Last week was funny when Michael asked Jim to go camping with him. Jim then told us that he always says yes to Michael no matter what it is and then declines because he's already made plans. Classic!

Pam seems IxFx, but she does lack a certain self-awareness common to INFPs. She is mildly difficult to me to type. She doesn't strike me as an INFJ because she isn't very analytical or intuitive. She may be borderline on one or two functions. She could possibly be an ISFJ since that type sometimes enjoys a playful humor based on people acting outside their norms. She seems to follow whatever others expect of her. It's possible she is an N, but I would say an underdeveloped one. She takes Jim's lead in pretty much every intuitive interaction.
Good analysis, I think you're onto something there. :)

Dwight is a definite xSTJ, although he seems kind of extroverted to me.
Another annoying character, although they all compliment one another as did the characters in Seinfeld and Friends which is why I think this show is successful over here (US) as well.

Toonia are you a psychologist or in that line of work?

Angela is an extreme ISTJ imo.
Most definitely! She really annoys me.

And what are your thoughts on Michael's type?

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I thought it was funny when Jim had Dwight thinking the computer was talking to him and consciously competing with him. It's also funny when Michael tries to formally institute some politically correct fad or notion.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Nice topic!

My thoughts:

Michael - ESFP
Dwight - ESTJ
Angela - ISTJ
Oscar - ESTP
Toby - INFP
Jim - ENTP
Pam - INFP
Kevin - ISTP
Stanley - ISTP
Jan - ENTJ
Kelly - ESFP
Roy - ISFJ
Ryan - ESTJ
Phyllis - ISFP
Karen - ENFJ
Andy - ESFJ

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Pah, that's not The Office! Silly umpa loompas...

No It's not The Office, however I have to give them two thumbs up for finally taking a British show and not totally fucking it up. They had to remove most of the irony and sarcasm for the American audiences, but all in all it's very good! :) Coupling in the US failed miserably.

UK Michael makes me cringe and wince way more than Steve Carrel. I like both Jims, but prefer the US one. Both Dwight's are blech, but they're supposed to be, and I prefer the US Pam.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I would of said Jim was an ISTP, but I haven't watched the show much.

FWIW, the tricks that he pulled were things I did way back when (before I became... responsible...). I didn't do the jello though - wish I had thought of that.

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
Man, I spent my entire personality class on Tuesday (we were studying Freud, so I zoned out) doing this. Here are my best guesses after seeing seasons one and two on DVD:

Michael: ESTP
Dwight: ENTJ
Ryan: ISTJ
Pam: ISFJ
Jim:ENFP
Angela: ISTJ
Stanley: ISTJ
Toby: INFJ
Kevin: ISFP
Oscar: ISFJ
Phyllis: ???P
Meredith: I???
Jan: ESTJ

Disclaimer: I am not judging that any of these characters are normal expressions of their supposed types. I am merely hypothesizing as to their original preferential make-up as displayed in this sitcom.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Man, I spent my entire personality class on Tuesday (we were studying Freud, so I zoned out) doing this. Here are my best guesses after seeing seasons one and two on DVD:

Michael: ESTP
Dwight: ENTJ
Ryan: ISTJ
Pam: ISFJ
Jim:ENFP
Stanley: ISTJ
Toby: INFJ
Oscar: ISFJ
Phyllis: ???P
Meredith: I???
Jan: ESTJ

Disclaimer: I am not judging that any of these characters are normal expressions of their supposed types. I am merely hypothesizing as to their original preferential make-up as displayed in this sitcom.

I'd say Michael's an F- an ESFP, instead of ESTP. He's always looking for validation. Dwight as an ENTJ, spot on. :laugh: I agree with the rest of your assessments.

I'd say Phyllis is an xSFP. Have no idea about Meredith, except she's probably a T.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I'd wager:

Michael: ESFP
Dwight: ESTJ
Ryan: ESTJ
Pam: INFp
Jim:ENTP

Stanley: ISTP
Toby: INFP
Oscar: ISTP
Phyllis: ISFP
Meredith: ISFJ
Jan: ENTJ
Andy: ESTP
Karen: ENFP

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
The reason that I think Michael is an ESTP is because he has pronounced Fe, but I do not think that he is perceptive enough about other people's feelings in order to actually "be" a feeler.

Someone explain how Dwight might be anything other than a (very stereotyped) NT, please!

RunnDMC

MBTI Type
ENTP
The reason that I think Michael is an ESTP is because he has pronounced Fe, but I do not think that he is perceptive enough about other people's feelings in order to actually "be" a feeler.

Michael is definitely too sensitive to be a T. ESFP to the max! Which could explain his Fi function.

I'd wager:

Michael: ESFP
Dwight: ESTJ
Ryan: ESTJ
Pam: INFp
Jim:ENTP

Stanley: ISTP
Toby: INFP
Oscar: ISTP
Phyllis: ISFP
Meredith: ISFJ
Jan: ENTJ
Andy: ESTP
Karen: ENFP

Ryan seems too reserved to be an E. I'd say he's an IxTJ.

I don't think Kevin is an I either.

Other than that I think I would have to agree.