• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Office

allabastormaroe

MBTI Type
INTP
I couldn't think of Stanley as an ISTP. The most action I've seen him do on the show was take the stairset. He's also a deskjockey. He hates Michael, and hates the company (shown on the webisode where $3000 dollars was missing). If Jim was an ENTP, he'd have an extraordinary amount of trouble putting together as many jokes on Dwight as did (especially replacing his desk with wrapping).
Michael is undoubtedly an ESFP (like ya mentioned). It is structed through his daily ritual to kiss a baby.

deleted
Most people say ESFP for Michael Scott. Some say ENFJ.

I'm not really sure Michael's outlook and behaviors are all that Fe. If they were Fe, he would be a lot more consistent with and assured about the objectivity of proper actions, and not spontaneously contradict himself and his promises and relationships. Where as ESFPs with Fi as secondary may constantly adjust their behaviors to others in an attempt to fit in, in the moment, and by way in the example of Michael Scott of retorting to the camera with some Fi-secondary argument, like "I'm a good person for doing such," which plays into some of his deeper motivation, along with his natural excitable happy-go-lucky entertainer capacity. Fi is known for its ill-suited nature as it attempts and fights to appropriately attach its morals to certain outlets of the objective world, without much long-term correspondence, and ESFPs are generally known for their spontaneity and compelling nature. Just my thoughts for now (any contradictions or other points? as I don't watch this show that much.)

He could even be ISFP, as his Fi in some roles recollected seems more defensive than it does affective, and he has plenty of social problems. I'll have to watch more.

Sunny Ghost

Michael: ESFP He's definitely a feeler. And often a selfish one at that. Very weak intuition.
Pam: ISFx Her art was very S and not N. I just can't ever decide if she's more Si/Fe or Fi/Se.
Jim: ESTP He's very comfortable in the spotlight. Always calm and relaxed, but seems like a charismatic, promoter type to me. And obviously a prankster.
Dwight: ENTx He often seems to lean more towards Ne/Ti though. And interchange with Te/Ni or Si.
Jan: ESTJ
Angela: ISTJ
Kelly: ESFP
Phyllis: ISFP
Kevin: xSxP
Ryan: IxTx
Stanley: ISTJ
Tobey: IxFJ

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, Pam is likely an ISFJ. Michael seemed more like an introvert. Dwight seems like an INTJ. I don't know why this show is so popular, I kinda found it boring after the first few episodes.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Michael seemed more like an introvert.

While I can't peg down his exact type, Michael is most certainly an extrovert(personally, I always thought ENFP). He absolutely craves social interactions, yet he lacks the ability to know how to conduct himself properly when faced with them. He also tends to blurt out whatever comes to mind with little filtering or giving prior thought to the social ramification for doing so. It also seems like Michael is one of the few intuitives surrounded by extroverts. On he hand he's completely oblivious to most social norms and things physically going on around him, but on the other he defaults to lots of metaphorical speech, which usually ends up with him going on a total Ne ramble that everyone else tends to nit-pick the little small discrepancies of as opposed to looking at the overall picture to a lot of what he's saying.

Also, Dwight always struck me as a hardcore ISTJ; He cares way too much about maintaining established rules, procedure, and order to really strike me as a proper INTJ. He also puts a lot of stock in attaining even trivial positions of power to distinguish himself as superior to his colleagues.

A

Anew Leaf

Dwight: ISTJ (too much into rules to be an INTJ)
Jim: ENTP (he's awesome. :))
Pam: IXFP (her lack of ability to initially express emotions to Jim seems very Fi to me)
Angela: ISTJ

Michael: I have had a hard time pinning this down as well, but I like Stigmata's analysis. I could see ENFP as well...
David: ENTJ

I found the first few seasons to be absolutely hilarious, but kind of lost an interest once Jim and Pam got married. No coincidence at all... :whistling:

G

Ginkgo

I don't know why this show is so popular, I kinda found it boring after the first few episodes.
Stanley.gif

While I can't peg down his exact type, Michael is most certainly an extrovert(personally, I always thought ENFP). He absolutely craves social interactions, yet he lacks the ability to know how to conduct himself properly when faced with them. He also tends to blurt out whatever comes to mind with little filtering or giving prior thought to the social ramification for doing so. It also seems like Michael is one of the few intuitives surrounded by extroverts. On he hand he's completely oblivious to most social norms and things physically going on around him, but on the other he defaults to lots of metaphorical speech, which usually ends up with him going on a total Ne ramble that everyone else tends to nit-pick the little small discrepancies of as opposed to looking at the overall picture to a lot of what he's saying.

Also, Dwight always struck me as a hardcore ISTJ; He cares way too much about maintaining established rules, procedure, and order to really strike me as a proper INTJ. He also puts a lot of stock in attaining even trivial positions of power to distinguish himself as superior to his colleagues.

TheOfficeStanleyNod.gif

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I concur :hifive:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found the first few seasons to be absolutely hilarious, but kind of lost an interest once Jim and Pam got married. No coincidence at all... :whistling:

Same here for the most part. The office now exists on its own fame, as opposed to what's actually going on plot wise. Personally, I think the show should've ended in season 4, or 5 at the latest. The tone of the show has been so completely deviated from the original themes and concepts from the original seasons, which was originally just supposed to be about idiosyncrasies of the people working in this particular office building, yet not to be done in such an outlandish manner as to appear completely atypical; It was supposed to be satirical, yet relatable. Around season 3 & 4 the focus became less about what was actually going on in the inner day-to-day working of this office, but more the crazy antics of Michael Scott and how those under his employment reacted to him. I can't even bring myself to watch the show now with Will Ferrell on the cast because I already know it's going to be just completely unrealistic and overdone.

G

Ginkgo

Same here for the most part. The office now exists on its own fame, as opposed to what's actually going on plot wise. Personally, I think the show should've ended in season 4, or 5 at the latest. The tone of the show has been so completely deviated from the original themes and concepts from the original seasons, which was originally just supposed to be about idiosyncrasies of the people working in this particular office building, yet not to be done in such an outlandish manner as to appear completely atypical; It was supposed to be satirical, yet relatable. Around season 3 & 4 the focus became less about what was actually going on in the inner day-to-day working of this office, but more the crazy antics of Michael Scott and how those under his employment reacted to him. I can't even bring myself to watch the show now with Will Ferrell on the cast because I already know it's going to be just completely unrealistic and overdone.

Yes. The value of the comedy was found in the quirks of the characters. If you're not in on the gag, then you're going to be alienated. However, since The Office had a relate-able premise, it easily drew the average worker into its cubicles. Since season 5, the show has become so convoluted with the subplots of the individual characters that their idiosyncrasies no longer shine.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes. The value of the comedy was found in the quirks of the characters. If you're not in on the gag, then you're going to be alienated. However, since The Office had a relate-able premise, it easily drew the average worker into its cubicles. Since season 5, the show has become so convoluted with the subplots of the individual characters that their idiosyncrasies no longer shine.

Not only that but they're now trying to appeal to a much wider audience. The beauty of the first few seasons, like you mentioned, was just how subtle and dry a lot of the humor was; Half the time it was nothing more than the way someone would look into the camera after an awkward comment was made, which is exactly what I loved about it. With trying to push the show further into mainstream they have to make the humor more accessible, because realistically, most people are too dumb to grasp humor isn't staring them directly in the face. Also, american producers tend to try to bleed every possible dollar they can out of a series as opposed to letting it just run its course and out gracefully.

G

Ginkgo

Not only that but they're now trying to appeal to a much wider audience. The beauty of the first few seasons, like you mentioned, was just how subtle and dry a lot of the humor was; Half the time it was nothing more than the way someone would look into the camera after an awkward comment was made, which is exactly what I loved about it. With trying to push the show further into mainstream they have to make the humor more accessible, because realistically, most people are too dumb to grasp humor isn't staring them directly in the face. Also, american producers tend to try to bleed every possible dollar they can out of a series as opposed to letting it just run its course and out gracefully.

That would explain why they're inserting Will Ferrel into the mix. May as well insert canned laughter. :dry:

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
Michael - ENFJ
Dwight - ESTJ
Angela - ISTJ
Oscar - INTP/INFP
Toby - INFJ
Jim - ENTP
Pam - ISFP/ISFJ
Kevin - ESFJ?
Stanley - ISTP
Jan - ENTJ/ESTJ
Kelly - ESFP
Roy - ISFJ
Ryan - ESTP
Phyllis - ISFJ/ESFJ
Karen - ISFP/ISTP
Andy - ESFJ/ESFP
Erin - ISFP

S

Stansmith

Michael: ESFP 6w7 - 3w2 - 9w8 So/Sx

Jim: ENTP 9w8 - 5w6 - 3w2

Pam: ISFP 9w1 - 2w1 - 6w7

Dwight: ISTJ cp6w5 - 8w9 - 2w3

Karen: ExTP 6w7 - 9w8 - 3w2

Roy: ESTP 8w9 - 6w? - 3w2

Kevin: ISFP 9w8 - 7w6 - 2w1

Angela: ISTJ 1w9 - 6w5 - 3w4

Ryan: INTJ 6w5 - 3w4 or 4w3 - 1w9

Creed: ISTP 5w6 - 9w8 - ?w?

Meredith: ISTP 9w8 - 7w8 - 4w5

Stanley: ISTJ 1w9 - 6w5 - 3w?

Oscar: ISFJ 6w5 - 9w1 - 2w?

Andy: ExxJ 3w2 - 6w7 - ?w?

Toby: ISFP 9w1 - 6w7 - 2w1

Todd Packer: ESTP 7w8 - 3w2 - 8w7

Erin: ESFP 7w6 - 2w3 - 9w1

Kelly: ESFJ 2w3 - 7w6 - 8w?

Emotionalogic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Michael: ESFP 6w7 - 3w2 - 9w8 So/Sx No. ENFJ. Where's the dominant se?

Jim: ENTP 9w8 - 5w6 - 3w2 Looks right

Pam: ISFP 9w1 - 2w1 - 6w7 ISFJ. I don't see fi.

Dwight: ISTJ cp6w5 - 8w9 - 2w3 ESTJ. More te than si.

Karen: ExTP 6w7 - 9w8 - 3w2 ESTP

Roy: ESTP 8w9 - 6w? - 3w2 ESFP

Kevin: ISFP 9w8 - 7w6 - 2w1 I'd say ISTP

Angela: ISTJ 1w9 - 6w5 - 3w4 Looks right

Ryan: INTJ 6w5 - 3w4 or 4w3 - 1w9 Looks right

Creed: ISTP 5w6 - 9w8 - ?w? Definitely

Meredith: ISTP 9w8 - 7w8 - 4w5 I could see ISFP

Stanley: ISTJ 1w9 - 6w5 - 3w? 9w8

Oscar: ISFJ 6w5 - 9w1 - 2w? Looks Right

Andy: ExxJ 3w2 - 6w7 - ?w? ENTJ?

Toby: ISFP 9w1 - 6w7 - 2w1 No, ISFJ.

Todd Packer: ESTP 7w8 - 3w2 - 8w7 Looks Right

Erin: ESFP 7w6 - 2w3 - 9w1 Sure

Kelly: ESFJ 2w3 - 7w6 - 8w? ESFP

As for the REAL Office:
David Brent: ENFJ 3w2
Tim Canterbury: Hard, but I'd say INFP 6w7
Gareth Keenan: ISTJ 9w8
Dawn Tinsley: ISFP 9w1
Neil Godwin: ESTP 3w2
Lee: ISTP 9w8

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Michael Scott- ESFP

Dwight Schrute- ESTJ

Jim Halpert- ENTP

Pam Beesly- INFP

Ryan Howard- ENTJ

Angela Martin- ISFJ in a Si-Ti loop

Oscar Martinez- ENFJ

Kevin Malone- INTP

Phyllis Vance- ISFP

Stanley Hudson- ISTJ

Kelly Kapoor- ESFJ in a Fe-Ne loop

Toby Flenderson- INTJ

Meredith Palmer- ESTP

Creed Bratton- mentally insane ESTP

Darryl Philbin- ISTP

Andy Bernard- ESFJ in a Fe-Ne loop

Erin- ENFP

Come-and-go characters:

Karen Fillapelli- ESTP

Todd Packer- ESTP

Jan Levinson- ENTJ

Holly Flax- ENFP

Gabe Lewis- ISFJ maybe?

Robert California- INFJ

Nellie Bertram- ENTP

David Wallace- ESFJ

Last edited:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jim ENTP? Are you people fucking kidding me?

I think Dwight has some form of Aspergers.

Neat freak, controlling, hard working, sensory oriented etc are the reasons why people probably see Dwight him as as ESTJ. However, he has zero social skills and social savvyness which makes me seriously doubt it. And I think he is an introvert. There is a possibility that he is an INTJ with aspergers.