• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Office

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I still really think that Pam and Jim are sensors... she an ISFJ and he an ESTP.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I still really think that Pam and Jim are sensors... she an ISFJ and he an ESTP.

No way Jim's an ESTP. He barely talks to anyone.

Let me do this over:

Michael - ENFJ
Pam - ISFJ
Jim - ISFP
Dwight - INTJ
Stanley - ISTJ
Ryan - ISTP
Kevin - INTP
Angela - ISTJ

Last edited:

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I used to think Michael was ESFP, but now I think I'm sold on ENFP.

Jim-xSTP
Ryan-ESTP, but I think he changes a lot over the course of the show and I initially would have typed him as introverted.
Pam-ISFJ
Kelly-ISFP EDIT: Wait, Kelly's an E, I don't know what I was thinking.
Dwight-INTJ
Phyllis-ISFP
Angela-ISTJ
Toby-ISFP
Oscar-INFJ
Stanley-ISTJ
Jan-ENTJ
Andy-ESFJ
Kevin-INxP, lean towards F
Holly-INFP
Charles-ISTJ

And the one that I haven't seen anybody mention yet...Creed-INTP

Last edited:

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
michael is Fe dom all the way. his descriptions of the way he feels when he is upset. when he gets sad. poor guy.

jim seems entp. fe tertiary, very disarming, but not an F dominant. he is Ti, but Ne first. he knows how to play his cards, hatch elaborate schemes, likes the thrill of the ultimate prank. dominant intuitives are more sane in smaller settings away from the big city. entp in my experience can be slower and more thoughtful and less blatantly extraverted than esp types. plus, who's he gonna talk to anyway? he doesn't need a lot of space, he is just surrounded by scranton branch.

dwight is entj. Te dominant and inferior Fi are what give him ALL his problems. Ni secondary, weird leaps all the time, see possibilities and potential plays (that are creative just fucking CRAZY). his energy is more entj than estj, entj is one of the craziest of all types. thank you jim carrey, bill gates, etc.

ryan i think is intp. always sees the way things are related, Ti dom, but not a forceful natural extravert. makes his play just like an intp would, and loses it just the same. i like ryan. inf Fe is obvious. not a natural leader, more of a behind-the-scenes person. before they fucked up his character, he was funny.

kelly is the most blatant esfp ever. will she ever stop talking? when jim asks her what is new?

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
michael is Fe dom all the way. his descriptions of the way he feels when he is upset. when he gets sad. poor guy.

"I lost Ed Truck and…it feels like somebody took my heart and dropped it into a bucket of boiling tears. And at the same time somebody else is hitting my soul in the crotch with a frozen sledgehammer. And then a third guy walks in and starts punching me in the grief-bone. And I’m crying and nobody can hear me because I am terribly, terribly…terribly alone."
- Michael Scott, "Grief Counseling"

..Just brought that to mind.

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Michael: ESFP
Ryan: INTP
Pam: ISFJ
Jim: ENTP
Dwight: ENTJ
Kevin: ISTP
Oscar: ESFJ
Phyllis: ISFP
Angela: ISTJ
Andy: ESFJ
Stanley: ISTJ
Toby: INFP
Meredith: ISTP
Jan: ENTJ
Kelly: ESFP
Holly: ENFJ
Erin: INFP
Creed: ESTP

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I came to the Revelation that this was my favorite tv show. LOL.

I think Mike is an ESFJ, though he may be an ENFJ. It's hard to type him because he comes off as always goofing around...which might hint towards ESFP? I doubt he's an SP. Maybe just a really playful ESFJ.

Dwight is your typical Momma's boy INTP. He's a dork and one of the coolest characters on the show. If I knew him irl, I'd probably be his best friend. Dorks squared.

Pam, I think, is an ISFJ. When you see her commenting on what Mike is doing it is very very concrete. She's very concrete.

As for Jim, I would say either ISFP or INFP. Probably ISFP. He's a great guy.

I don't watch tv enough to really pick up on the others, but that one blonde chick who is always pissing around when Mike is having fun really makes me angry! Such an ISTJ...such an ISTJ. And that black guy whose name has been forgotten is also an ISTJ. I found that out from the episode where Micheal has to fake fire him.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'll just admit I haven't read all the previous posts, so if I've repeated any of your types, it's not cause I'm plagiarizing haha. Here's what I think:

Michael: ENFP
Jim: INTP
Pam: ISFP
Dwight: ESTJ
Angela: ISTJ
Oscar: INTJ
Kevin: ISFP
Ryan: ENTJ
Creed: INTP
Phyllis: INFP
Toby: ISFJ
Stanley: ISTP
Darryl: ISFP

Am I on the mark here? I'm most confident in my typing of the main characters, so the ones who are less exposed throughout the seasons I may have a bit mixed up because I missed something.:)

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
Michael: ExFx......likely ENFJ.
Dwight: IxTJ.......likely INTJ (the constant plotting and desire for POWER is a dead giveaway....definitely not a P...and the NT explains the dorkiness mentioned by OneWithSoul)
Ryan: ESFP....he's definitely a P and though he doesn't talk much to other folks on the show, he obviously has a large circle of friends as he is constantly texting and talking to his circle on his cell phone.
Pam: IxFJ......likely ISFJ
Jim: ExFP......likely ESFP (anyone who thinks Jim is an I misses the fact that he NEEDS an audience for his actions which are designed to get him attention.)
Angela: ISTJ.....clearly.
Toby: INFJ
Kevin: ISFP
Oscar: ISFJ
Phyllis: ISFJ
Meredith: ISFP
Jan: ESTJ

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
michael is enfj. i think we are agreeing that isfj does in fact make a lot of sense for pam.

jim is a problem bc of jim's character on the show vs jim the actor. what type was he in away we go? what type is the actor? i could get entp for the actor but the role in the office very well could be S. he seems imaginative even if he is very down-to-earth (as is his language).

in away we go he seems infj/enfp with an intj wife? felt like Fe but coulda been the actor himself, who feels more Fe to me than Fi and more Ti.

ryan is definitely an intp bc he is introverted Ti dom. he looks and acts like an intp 3. dwight is extj, i could see very few N characters on the show in second thought. mike could be esfj with tertiary Ne spilling out to, but he is so dumb it's difficult to tell. actually on second thought i say esfj with a little more Ne than you'd expect.

real steve carrell could be an enfj or an intp?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I've been watching this show quite a bit recently. These are the typings I have come up with:

Michael - ENFP (the guy is very clearly a Perceiver. He mixes fun with work, is pretty spontaneous and playful. Hates to work or plan anything, doesn't show J in the least.)

Jim - ISFP (Jim is very clearly introverted. It seems as though everyone loves this guy, and he is nice to everyone, even to Dwight, he messes up his stuff in a very friendly way.)

Pam - ISFJ (Reminds me almost 100% of an ISFJ I know. This girl is a definite ISFJ, she's kind, structured, introverted, etc. )

Dwight - xSTJ (I knew this guy was a TJ but I didn't know if he was N or S. Then I realized how much value he places in tradition and history. This guy is STJ, he's all about getting the job done. Now the question is E or I? I used to think Introvert, but then I don't think an ISTJ would be as power hungry as he is. Tough call though.)

Angela - ISTJ (Quiet, dedicated, frighteningly serious, enough said)

Kelly - ESFP (Does not work hard, all she does is talk, she's definitely ESFP)

Others:

Ryan - ISTP
Stanley - ISTJ
Andy - INTJ
Oscar - ISFJ
Kevin - INFP
Toby - INFJ

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Well, I can't miss a chance to type Office characters . . .

Michael - ENFP
Jim - INTP
Dwight - ESTJ
Pam - ISFJ
Angela - ISTJ
Oscar - ISTP
Kevin - ISTP
Jan - ESTJ

Toby - ISFP
Ryan - INTP / ENTJ
Stanley - ISTJ
Charles - ISTJ
David Wallace - INTP
Meredith - xSTP
Andy - ESFJ
Erin - ExFP

Holly - ENFJ
Karen - ISFJ
Creed - ISTP
Kelly - ESFP

Other:
Jim's brothers: ESTJ/ESTP

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Michael- 100% ESFP
Dwight- Typical ESTJ geek
Jim- ENTP ( I know an entp thats exactly the same)
Pam- not sure isfp/j
Andy- ESFP
Oscar, Stanley, Angela- all ISTJ
Kelly- ESFP
Ryan- ESTP Watch when he gets the promotion. Thats his true personality
phyllis-ISFJ
kevin- ISFP

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
At least four separate people have told me that I remind them of Pam to a tee. That being said, I think she is either an INFJ or an ISFP. I don't see her as being an ISFJ or an INFP at all. I think Jim is either ENTP or ISTP.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey, Night!
I used one of your post as a sample to correct.
Hope you don't mind...

Michael: ENFP
Dwight: ENTJ (just absolutely ridiculous, though)
Ryan: ESTP
Pam: InFP (I've been rejecting Pam as INFP ever since I saw someone suggest it: "No! She's ISFP. ISFP, people! No way she's INFP." But I think I'm beginning to agree :blush:)
Jim: EnTP (NF/NT pairings, 4EVER)
Angela: ISTJ (an extreme case)
Toby: ISFJ (Yeah, the ISFJ type often gets confused for INFP.. absurd)
Kevin: ISfP (He's... special [:laugh:], so I don't know if he can be properly typed.)
Oscar: eSTP
Phyllis: ISFJ
Meredith: ISTP (Isn't Meredith a bit of a fireball..? Spitball? I'm not good with idiomatic expressions :()
Jan: ESTJ
Andy: ESTP
Karen: eSTP
Creed: ISTP (His type is actually "creep," but for all intentions and purposes... :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always thought Dwight was an ISTJ. He's too much of a sensor. Looking at details. Continuously using his senses and sucking up to his boss. I doubt an ENTJ or INTJ would do that.

I thought Micheal was an ENFJ. It seems to fit him much more than ENFP considering he's never late, wears his clothes in a complete fashion and using a large amount of Fe.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I always thought Dwight was an ISTJ. He's too much of a sensor. Looking at details. Continuously using his senses and sucking up to his boss. I doubt an ENTJ or INTJ would do that.

I thought Micheal was an ENFJ. It seems to fit him much more than ENFP considering he's never late, wears his clothes in a complete fashion and using a large amount of Fe.

Yeah. I can see that.
But Dwight always comes up with all these kooky plans that an ESTJ just wouldn't have time for. Plus, he's the epitome of the evil (non)genius.
...Wait, epiphany.
Maybe that's where the distinction lies: the xSTJ appears evil but never accomplishes his evil endeavors while the xNTJ actually is evil and always succeeds in evil(..ery).
Dwight as xSTJ makes sense!
<goes back to edit post>
;)

I can see Michael all over that Fe.
Possibly maybe ENFp?
The little man in my head keeps telling that he's ENFP, although ENFj is plausible. I don't know...
Michael, like Dwight, comes up with a bunch of crazy, impossible ideas for the company without any real aspirations other than maintaining the illusion of being a great boss. I honestly think M Scott is a terribly sad character although he makes me laugh the hardest. I'm always going "Awww..." right alongside a good amount of laughter while watching him.

Last edited:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah. I can see that.
But Dwight always comes up with all these kooky plans that an ESTJ just wouldn't have time for. Plus, he's the epitome of the evil (non)genius.
...Wait, epiphany.
Maybe that's where the distinction lies: the xSTJ appears evil but never accomplishes his evil endeavors while the xNTJ actually is evil and always succeeds in evil(..ery).
Dwight as xSTJ makes sense!
<goes back to edit post>
;) I'm funny sometimes.

I can see Michael all over that Fe.
Possiblymaybe ENFp?
The little man in my head keeps telling that he's ENFP, although ENFj is quite plausible. I don't know...
Michael, like Dwight, comes up with a bunch of crazy, impossible ideas for the company without any real aspirations other than maintaining the illusion of being a great boss. I honestly think M Scott is a terribly sad character although he makes me laugh the hardest. I'm always going "Awww..." right alongside a good amount of laughter while watching him.
:laugh: Yea. Micheal is definitely quite the cringe maker. But it's what makes the show really fun to watch. :D

Last edited:

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Michael Scott is an ESFP -- he's the lovable doofus archetype. Homer Simpson and the main character from The Family Guy are also ESFPs.

I'd say you're on point with Dwight as ISTJ.

Pam is definitely an IxxJ. I'm uncertain though of the middle letters.

I have no idea on Jim's type. I'm having trouble classifying an insightful, sexy nerd...