• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hitler

What type is Hitler?

• Total voters
G

Ginkgo

I'm not sure how constructive it is to try and type the man. He was obviously deranged and I also firmly believe that he had given himself over to the control of demonic forces. My gut feeling is ENTJ, but I can't particulary substantiate it and wouldn't want to spend a lot of time on it.

There are... interesting books on that issue. I have a hunch you've checked it out.

S

Sniffles

Karl Krafft did not influence the timing of Operation Barbarossa; although IIRC he did make a prediction about it that helped convince Hess to make his solo flight to England in order to secure peace before the start of hostilities with the Soviet Union.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I take it you cannot name a source for this claim eh?

EH? EH? EH?

Either discuss the thread topic or bugger off. Remember now, and please try to pay attention. It's about Hitler's personality type, not "Peguy's hero Adolph Hitler hated astrology." I'm so sorry that I insulted your hero, sheesh.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Karl Krafft did not influence the timing of Operation Barbarossa; although IIRC he did make a prediction about it that helped convince Hess to make his solo flight to England in order to secure peace before the start of hostilities with the Soviet Union.

What the deuce does this have to do with Hitler's personality type?

What am I, some kind of troll magnet?

S

Sniffles

:laugh: It seems we're supposed to discuss Hitler's personality type without reference to actual historical facts about the man. Nah! Best to resort to pseudo-historical nonsense about him being an ardent D & D fanboy who decided military matters with his ouija board!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The tin foil hat saga continues.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are... interesting books on that issue. I have a hunch you've checked it out.

Not really, it's more reflective of my personal worldview. I understand that Hitler and the other Nazi leaders were also quite into the occult but I haven't looked at it in much detail. Some things are better not explored at depth. Anyway, I don't think you necessarily need to have direct involvement with the occult, black magic, whatever you want to call it, to hand yourself over to those forces - it's by the choices you make and the paths you choose to follow.

What I actually find most confusing is not the existence of a Hitler, but the fact that so many people who under "normal" circumstances probably acted normal and decent - and they were certainly friends, husbands, lovers, parents etc - participated in trying to bring about his twisted vision for Germany and the world. It's not like just a few people participated in engineering the death machine of the camps, or anything else involved in the Nazi regime. There were thousands or millions of people who participated. Very willingly and happily, in a lot of cases.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
You have to understand that the man was severely abused, and was also probably a paranoid schizophrenic, so you can't just say all NFJs will be like Hitler.

Then why are we typing him at all?

Do you see the similarity though, in their motives?

Not at all, sorry.

Other types can't vision? Its a pretty weak foundation to base it on.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do seem very NF-ish. I have been convinced that I am NF. I almost always test as xNFP on the four dichotomies.

But then I read Keirsey, and I'm like....wait a second. Why am I this weird blend between NF and SP?

And then I start to wonder why I value my Si so much, why I'd be so in touch with it as an ENFP.

Then I read Beebe's Demon Ne theory.

Finally, I take into consideration how combative I am vs. other NFs. I seem to seek confrontation rather than avoiding it, and while I'm relatively physically docile as an adult, I went through a pretty impulsive phase of mild violence between the ages of approximately 15 until sometime in my early 20s. That's NF behavior? Is it really?

I don't know. I'm inclined to lean toward ENFP, but ESFP no longer seems that ridiculous to me, either.
Since SP and ENP are both kinds of Sanguine, then they will have some similarities; and the NF+ENP will seem in that limited extent like both NF and SP. Just like NF and INP being Phlegmatic or Supine, so INTP seems like both NT and NF in some respects. My wife seems like an SP in some respects, (including some impulsiveness) even though she is an ESFJ. The orderly SJ Melancholic will always balance it eventually, however.

So Sanguines of any stripe have hot tempers with expressive, often loud reactions. What you describe could still fit ENFP.
It would just be tempered a bit by the NF desire for peace and harmony.

That's why I ask if you identify with Demonic Se at all. We could all behave any way with any of the functions, but the archetype will just mark a greater tendency with the associated function.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Since SP and ENP are both kinds of Sanguine, then they will have some similarities; and the NF+ENP will seem in that limited extent like both NF and SP. Just like NF and INP being Phlegmatic or Supine, so INTP seems like both NT and NF in some respects. My wife seems like an SP in some respects, (including some impulsiveness) even though she is an ESFJ. The orderly SJ Melancholic will always balance it eventually, however.

So Sanguines of any stripe have hot tempers with expressive, often loud reactions. What you describe could still fit ENFP.
It would just be tempered a bit by the NF desire for peace and harmony.

That's why I ask if you identify with Demonic Se at all. We could all behave any way with any of the functions, but the archetype will just mark a greater tendency with the associated function.

So my reckless acting out when I feel very attacked (like smacking guys upside the head in my teens, or just overreacting to slights and becoming verbally defensive as an adult) could be Demonic Se? Just showing the ugly side of Se?

Well, okay. Also, I seem to identify with Si a whole bunch, which makes me think it was in my top four functions, and I fit the Lenore Thomson description for Inferior Si perfectly. It just seems that some ENFPs are unaware of their Si or if they are aware, reject it. I guess I'm just a more Sensor-ish NF. That doesn't bother me at all, maybe I'm just more balanced. On the four dichotomies I am most strongly FP rather than E or N.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, it's kind of confusing. From what I read about him as a child, he sounds rather xSTP, but I think that may have been a mask.
He was an artist, but I don't like that people immediately think ISFP because of that. All types can be artists.
His father was abusive, and he had definite issues with his family, as did his sister if you read between the lines. Because of this, it's not surprising that his morals turned out to be screwed up.
His ideas were rather mainstream for the times... he wasn't iconoclastic in that sense.
In my opinion, he didn't really show that much tactical or strategic brilliance, and remember that he had many underlings so it's difficult to say whose ideas were whose.

Germany as a whole seemed to project "ISTJ trying to be an INTJ" at the time... so that was what I had originally typed him as, but now I'm not so sure.

As an S, I think he'd have to be an introvert, but I could see him as an ENxJ. He didn't sound like an ENP child and I don't really see him as IxFP. So that leaves ISTJ, ENTJ, and ENFJ.

If you look at the Cognitive Functions and Problem Solving thread by onemoretime, ISTJ seems a poor fit to his approach, and ENTJ seems more likely than ENFJ. Hitler's actions do seem like extremely negative Fe, but I can't decide if it's Demon Fe or Dom/Hero Fe. I think I'm going with ENTJ.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So my reckless acting out when I feel very attacked (like smacking guys upside the head in my teens, or just overreacting to slights and becoming verbally defensive as an adult) could be Demonic Se? Just showing the ugly side of Se?
Yes, that would seem to match perfectly.

Well, okay. Also, I seem to identify with Si a whole bunch, which makes me think it was in my top four functions, and I fit the Lenore Thomson description for Inferior Si perfectly. It just seems that some ENFPs are unaware of their Si or if they are aware, reject it. I guess I'm just a more Sensor-ish NF. That doesn't bother me at all, maybe I'm just more balanced. On the four dichotomies I am most strongly FP rather than E or N.
The way I'm coming to understand it, as I have been saying elsewhere, is that our feelings of vulnerability and inferiority will come through the inferior function, and our reactive behaviors and projections will be through its shadow, the Demon (at least if the perceived threat is great enough).
So this is why most people will attribute everything inferior to the fourth function-attitude, but when they take the cognitive processes test, the inferior will often be 8th, and the 8th function will be strong.
It thus matches Lenore's ship order, where Se would be the right-brain alternative "Crow's Nest", which will appear to be the first line of defense when the dominant can't solve the problem.

So likely, you feel inferior in issues regarding stored factual/tangible data. Emergent conceptual data can't help you with that, so you then turn to emergent tangible reaction (rather than data), such as smacking guys on the head.

And didn't you mention a background of abuse, or something? That right there is going to make Si a very painful and touchy area for you. So that is why it will be more noticeable for you than other ENFP's. It will be even more irritable and easily bruised, also leading to easily constellated Demon Se. I'll be those guys you mention somehow triggered bad memories, or something, and thus you reacted like that.

To keep this on topic, let's now transfer this to Hitler, and picture an extremely messed up Fi complex (whether puer or anima) that degraded into a very bad Fe reactiveness.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Except Hitler and your mom. :alttongue:
The fuck? Anyone who's actually read about Hitler (rather than just going ZOMG HE WAS AN EEVUL PSYCHO ASSHOLE BECUZ HE KEELED JOOZ AND STUFF), and actually know how the cogs operate, would have to type him an NFJ.