• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Give me a fictious INFJ?

ms-mngrl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, perhaps.

Not to be outdone by the "mentalist" himself, Patrick Jane. The man definitely has the INFJ wiring upstairs, and he loves exploiting it every chance he gets.

Well...I once read that Jane is an ENTP. Would you agree? At first I thought that charm was a form of ENFJ...but then...after seeing him described as ENTP I thought hmmm...that sounds like a closer description because of the way he is constantly challenging others and pushing his agenda, which I think is usually right on. He is pretty intuitive and right about others and I think he pushes people to the edge to understand them...
Your thoughts??

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Oh! How could I forget?

Hitomi in The Vision of Escaflowne is a very good example of a fictional INFJ.

Fecal McAngry

Having seen interviews with Cate Blanchett and Nicole Kidman, I think they are both INFJs. I don't think I've ever know an INFJ in real life though. Nicole seems to be immensely versatile in the roles she plays. Cate does seem to play INFJ roles a lot though I recall Aviator in which she played Katherine Hepburn who always seemed to be an INTJ to me. They are both a couple of my favorite actresses.
Kidman is an INFJ. CB is an NFP.

Lotr246

Would Alvy Singer, Woody Allen's character in Annie Hall, be one? The conspiracy theories he has, neuroticism, and confusing his imagination with reality and using art to transform reality into something more ideal. By the way, Annie must be ENFP, no?

heart

heart on fire
Dr. Zhivago

^ Yes, excellent example.

David Powlett-Jones from the BBC series "To Serve Them All My Days"

Ashley from "Gone With the Wind" (Not his wife. She's more like IFP)

I am never sure of this one: Horatio Hornblower, but from the novels not the A & E movies. In the A & E movies he seems so ENFP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In an unrelated note, Jane Eyre in the book is INFP, as portrayed in film usually more INFJ.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ashley from Gone With the Wind (Not his wife. She's more like IFP)

Good one....do you think Scarlett is ESTP? That seems to make sense for her draw to him, yet they have little in common.

heart

heart on fire
Macon Leary from the 1998 movie "The Accidental Tourist" (matches up with ENFP)

Bill Forrester from the 1954 movie "Purple Plain"

Andrew Rawley from the 1984 movie "Misunderstood" (NFJ)

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Short answer: Ne is her primary extroverted function. Read interviews online.

EDIT: Actually, it's even more clear when watching interviews. There's a lovely moment in this one where Cate's Ne leaves ISFP Brad Pitt kinda goin' "huh?"

YouTube - Cate Blanchett and Brad Pitt interview

Thanks for the link :)

The video gives me an NFP vibe indeed. She is very different in her roles than IRL, different body language even... The interviews I've read so far still gave me an NFJ vibe though.

Last edited:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
luna lovegood in harry potter? she reminds me of myself a lot of the time.:huh:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
some say jesus was an enfj.

:smile: a luna fan! are you sure luna's infp? doesn't she speak in a rather directive manner? and she's very Fe one-on-one.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
some say jesus was an enfj.

:smile: a luna fan! are you sure luna's infp? doesn't she speak in a rather directive manner? and she's very Fe one-on-one.

IMO Jesus is unable to be typed, but I don't think he is fictional either ;)

Evanna Lynch, the actress who plays Luna, has a very light, airy quality to her that seems INFP to me. That, and the INFJs I have known IRL seem more in tune with societal norms (although they are still quirky in their own ways), while the INFPs are more like Luna in that they are more oblivious and/or care even less. :)

I would not say I am 100% sure that Luna is INFP, because the only one who could tell me that would be Luna herself ;) She's INFx though, no doubt about that.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm reading Anna Karenina right now, and although I'm not far along, the character the book is named after seems very INFJ-ish to me. She's secretive, good with people, and prone to experience inexplicable omens and insights. That may end up changing as the story goes on, though; if it does or you have any plot details to discuss, please be careful to mark your spoilers so I can avoid them.

Short answer: Ne is her primary extroverted function. Read interviews online.

EDIT: Actually, it's even more clear when watching interviews. There's a lovely moment in this one where Cate's Ne leaves ISFP Brad Pitt kinda goin' "huh?"

YouTube - Cate Blanchett and Brad Pitt interview
I think her demeanor is consistent with an INFJ who's feeling buoyant and playful. She reminds me a lot of myself when I'm in a really good mood, and I don't see the kind of external poise in NFPs that she shows in that interview. NFPs tend to have more of an internal poise; it's as though they can let anything flow over and through them and drift along very smoothly, while on the inside, they're in full control, making all the judgment calls that most people never notice.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm reading Anna Karenina right now,

GREAT BOOK. :wubbie:

I'm not sure she's INFJ. She could be. Let me go read and get back to you in a few days.