• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Give me a fictious INFJ?

Lotr246

It's been discussed before in another thread, but Ben Bruckner from QAF is definitely an INFJ.

Fecal McAngry

I'm reading Anna Karenina right now, and although I'm not far along, the character the book is named after seems very INFJ-ish to me. She's secretive, good with people, and prone to experience inexplicable omens and insights. That may end up changing as the story goes on, though; if it does or you have any plot details to discuss, please be careful to mark your spoilers so I can avoid them.

I think her demeanor is consistent with an INFJ who's feeling buoyant and playful. She reminds me a lot of myself when I'm in a really good mood, and I don't see the kind of external poise in NFPs that she shows in that interview. NFPs tend to have more of an internal poise; it's as though they can let anything flow over and through them and drift along very smoothly, while on the inside, they're in full control, making all the judgment calls that most people never notice.
In that case, read CB's interviews online. Intuition is clearly the dominant extroverted function, not feeling.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure if this was mentioned before... Dorothy from Wizard of Oz.

Sad Lounge

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
?
John Locke from LOST. He has very stubborn beliefs in his faith.

Jay Gatsby. He blindly believes that he can win Daisy back. Sounds very Idealist to me.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I'd say Lara is a T type of some form, as she left Zhivago eventualy to go with Comorechy (?sp).... basically she left because of practical reasons... her heart was still Zhivagos... an F type wouldn't do that I don't think

They would if they feel it's right, especially an enfp. We are not entirely control by our feelings.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Meg Ryan's character in You've Got Mail is a classic INFJ. She owns a children's bookstore and aspires to be a writer. She holds a torch for someone she has never met, and has only had conversations with on the internet. She is completely unrealistic about her bookstore's financial situation, prefering to be philosophical about it. She is known for her service and kindness to people. She holds a serious grudge when someone has "done her wrong."

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hugo Drax from Moonraker.

moonraker.jpg

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They would if they feel it's right, especially an enfp. We are not entirely control by our feelings.

She left because Zhivago wanted her to leave, because it was for her own good. She was interested in preserving her life because she knew she was pregnant with Zhivago's baby. She made that decision out of feeling -- the feeling of loyalty to Zhivago. She knew he could have no happiness while she was in such a vulnerable position. Leaving expressed her very deep love for him in a way that indulging her feelings by staying could not.

Plus the fact that love is not dependent on proximity and she knew that they'd always be together in their hearts.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
She left because Zhivago wanted her to leave, because it was for her own good. She was interested in preserving her life because she knew she was pregnant with Zhivago's baby. She made that decision out of feeling -- the feeling of loyalty to Zhivago. She knew he could have no happiness while she was in such a vulnerable position. Leaving expressed her very deep love for him in a way that indulging her feelings by staying could not.

Plus the fact that love is not dependent on proximity and she knew that they'd always be together in their hearts.

That sound like something an enfp would do!

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Meg Ryan's character in You've Got Mail is a classic INFJ. She owns a children's bookstore and aspires to be a writer. She holds a torch for someone she has never met, and has only had conversations with on the internet. She is completely unrealistic about her bookstore's financial situation, prefering to be philosophical about it. She is known for her service and kindness to people. She holds a serious grudge when someone has "done her wrong."

I love that character! I've seen people want to type her infp though.

atomisedmonk

Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver.
Yep, totes agree.

I get a way different read on Ginny than you seem to. I don't get an intuitive feel from her at all... on the contrary, to me she seems very SP. I don't think that the character is really developed enough to type definitively, but everything we hear about her is about how ballsy and quick-witted she is. Those aren't traits that are typically associated with INFJs. I also can't think of any instances that would make me think that Ginny is N rather than S. Ginny seems pretty impulse-driven to me (hence her involvement with the diary to begin with). The things she says and does in the books strike me as STP, probably ESTP.
Beat me to it! :)

Bruce Willis's character in The Sixth Sense.
Excellent. I use Willis' character to assess potential INFJs.

Miss Kinnian from Flowers for Algernon.
I read the book 6 years ago, which one was she again? (Sidenote: what do you think the main character's type was?)

I don't really understand why some people see her as a total INFP. I guess that people's notion of an INFJ and an INFP is often pretty mixed and interwined.
I read somewhere that to differentiate between an INFJ and an INFP is to test the dominance or lack of Fe. So INFJs, with a dominant Fe (e.g. Amelie), would be more likely to be big on Valentine's Days and other PDAs and INFPs (e.g. Holden Caufield) aren't as likely... Something along those lines. It was on infpvsinfj.com or something.

That's interesting. I would've typed her as an ENFP.

As for my input: Greg from Dharma and Greg.​

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep, totes agree.

Miss Kinnian from Flowers for Algernon.

I read the book 6 years ago, which one was she again? (Sidenote: what do you think the main character's type was?)

Miss Kinnian was a special education teacher and taught the main character Charlie Gordon. She also taught Charlie after Dr. Nemur and Dr. Strauss performed experimental surgery to increase his intelligence. She was a champion for Charlie when Dr. Nemur and Dr. Strauss were reluctant to perform the experimental surgery; she could see potential in Charlie to grow.

I'm not certain what Charlie's type is. Been scoffing this as well. Would have to look into this one.

atomisedmonk

Ah okay. Thanks for explaining!

I'm not certain what Charlie's type is. Been scoffing this as well. Would have to look into this one.
If we were to type Charlie... would we consider his personality pre-surgery or post-surgery? Or would his type be the same? I don't really understand how great an effect intelligence has on MBTI types.