• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Awesome movie. I'll probably change these around a bit once I see the movie again. Lower caps letters mean less certainty.

Keep in mind that the movie is pretty much based off archetypes which makes them a bit more difficult (or easy, if you want to look at it that way) to type.

Jake Sully - ISFP
Neytiri - ESFJ
Dr. Grace Augustine - ENtp
Colonel Miles Quaritch - ESTJ
Trudy Chacon - ESTP
Parker Selfridge - XXTP
Tsu'Tey - ISTJ

Last edited:

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Jake: I got an ISFP vibe from him, but definitely an ISP. He was pretty introspective, which seems more Fi, not Fe, if I remember correctly.

Grace: Definitely an NT, lols. My first instinct was INTJ, but I get what you're saying.

Quatrich: No, no, no, no, total ESTJ. A policy-maker man.

Tsu'Tey: ST...J, that's all I know for sure.

Trudy: Mmmmm... I said ISFP at first, but maybe, yeah, I get you. I'm more uncertain with this, but definitely an SP.

Parker Selfridge: He's the ESTP. The racist business maaaan. At least he kind of regretted it later on.

Neytiri: I won't be able to type her with certainty, but they conveyed her emotions really well.

Her Mom: Yeah, she's like an ESFJ.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
Saw this in the cinema in 3D yesterday - great movie!

My guesses, for what it's worth:
Jake: ISFP
Neytiri: XSFX
Grace: N is all I'm sure of.
Colonel: ESTJ
Trudy: XSTP
Parker:EXTX
TsuTey: ISTJ

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Grace was an INTP. (aka LET'S ANALYZE IT !!!!11!!11!)

Norm was an INFP I guess.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uggh.
I'd rather talk about the movie! :)

(Jake and Miles were SPs, though.)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
TBH I thought the main character was intentionally very "blank" so it's easier to slip into his role. Just as the Na'Vi was an avatar for Sully, Sully is an avatar for the movie viewer.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
TBH I thought the main character was intentionally very "blank" so it's easier to slip into his role. Just as the Na'Vi was an avatar for Sully, Sully is an avatar for the movie viewer.

nice way to make a profound point... sweet. :)
I'm hoping that was the case, because otherwise Jake was rather flat.

The movie rocked in 3D.
It's quite an experience.

Most of the characters would be better described as archetypes or plot devices, not MBTI types, though.

VagrantFarce

A few guesses:

Jake Sully - ISTP
Neytiri - ESFJ
Dr. Grace Augustine - ENTJ
Colonel Miles Quaritch - ENTJ
Trudy Chacon - ESTP
Norm Spellman - INFP
Parker Selfridge - ESTP
Tsu'Tey - ESTJ

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
If only the characters were as three dimensional as the visuals.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jake was definitely a thinker, and very SP, and his 'act first, think later' attitude leaves him with ESTP.

The rest of the characters I got:
Colonel - asshole
sales guy - wanker
Grace - loud and pushy
Neytiri - Feeler

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
My guesses:

Jake Sully - ISTP
Neytiri - ENFJ
Dr. Grace Augustine - INTJ
Colonel Miles Quaritch - ESTP (I guess he cared more about the blood than about the rules, really)
Trudy Chacon - ESFP (she was probably supposed to present the more feminine, F side - the way she turned her ship from the bombarding of the tree was pretty Fi)

I'm pretty sure about Jake and Neytiri. I don't get what made you think the S for her, actually. I think they were totally supposed to be the 'STP-NFJ' opposites attract couple. Whenever there is a female character in fantasy fiction who is kind of shaman-like, understands souls and talks with the trees and can be sort of an amazon as well, she's definitely an NFJ. The tough marine guy is almost always an STP.

Yeah, the characters were archetypes and sort of two-dimensional, but archetypes are what MBTI is about, isn't it? It's pretty easy to type fictional characters such as these with MBTI, because on a shallow level MBTI itself is pretty two-dimensional.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Neytiri - xSFJ
T'su Tey - ISTJ

They're both pretty much textbook/cliche forms too. The native male lover of the female heroine in this sort of format (protagonist infiltrates native culture and wins chieftan's daughter) always seems to be cast as ISTJ... the type best serves the needs of the narrative.

Neytiri behaves more ESFJ in how she does flex to changing circumstances, but she seems to have a very strong core and comes across more ISFJ altogether to me.

Typically as stubborn as a female ISFJ too. :) [When Jake tells her not to attack the opposing forces because she's going to be crushed, she still can't flex, even out of love for him; there are things more important to her than survival.]

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Neytiri behaves more ESFJ in how she does flex to changing circumstances, but she seems to have a very strong core and comes across more ISFJ altogether to me.

Typically as stubborn as a female ISFJ too. :) [When Jake tells her not to attack the opposing forces because she's going to be crushed, she still can't flex, even out of love for him; there are things more important to her than survival.]

I still believe she's an ENFJ for the reasons I stated above. I definitely do not see her as an ESFJ (the ESFJ archetype, or stereotype, just doesn't play out like that in fantasy fiction), and I would be able to see her as an ISFJ only if someone convinced me that Leeloo in The Fifth Element is one, because they have many similarities.;)