• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

espn sportswriter bill simmons

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what's his type? i have a tentative guess, but i'm interested in other opinions first? he's buddies with chuck klosterman and malcolm gladwell, which are good company.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The impression I've gotten from his writing is enfp: endless tunneling and tangents, but getting pretty well wrapped up emotionally to the point where it get's a bit tiring to read him.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
The impression I've gotten from his writing is enfp: endless tunneling and tangents, but getting pretty well wrapped up emotionally to the point where it get's a bit tiring to read him.

Most of the tunneling and tangents regard lots of physical allusions and pop culture references, which is why I think ISFP. But, he could be E I guess too.

"It's kinda like this other thing that happened and I am using exaggeration for powerful effect" to me is him trying to share his Se-experience style with the rest of us.

Kool Keith

MBTI Type
INFP
He seems like an Extrovert. I think he has a pretty well developed social life and he holds social/people skills in very high regard. He also wants you to know that he hob-knobs with all the wealthy and powerful people out in LA. I won't comment on the other dichotomies because I don't really understand these that well.

His dad is a retired school district superintendent, I believe. It's kind of sad that I know that. I've ready a few too many Simmons columns over the years.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i thought infp, but the enfp arguments make a lot of sense to me too. i find him very perceptive, funny, and thoughtful, even if his columns tend to run together.

totallypsycho

MBTI Type
ESxP
id guess esfp

he doesnt seem like an I to me cuz he seems to be really powerfully connected and such

he doesnt strike me as an n cuz he always refers to himself as having a lot of "common sense" and his humor is always really down to earth and i rarely fail to understand it so S

F.....just read any of his articles about any boston team

P cuz he seems chill and he doesnt write all that regularly anymore lol

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
bill simmons is an intuitive. constant cultural analogies, seeing associations and relevancy rankings for all cultural phenomena, and an inability to avoid Ne tangents at all times = N. and he's almost certainly Ne. i see Te at work, i think enfp is the most logical argument so far.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
bill simmons is an intuitive. constant cultural analogies, seeing associations and relevancy rankings for all cultural phenomena, and an inability to avoid Ne tangents at all times = N. and he's almost certainly Ne. i see Te at work, i think enfp is the most logical argument so far.

There is no N in his writing, it's all S. You must look into the material he constructs his analogies with: it is all fact and tangible reference that has a common, mostly universal interpretation. Most Ns' language consists of the nebulous realm of idea, theme, metaphor, and comparison to rather subjective terms. The S perspective is far more practical, grounded, and real; which Bill Simmons displays.

I will change to ESFP though. Not sure why I thought Introvert.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is no N in his writing, it's all S. You must look into the material he constructs his analogies with: it is all fact and tangible reference that has a common, mostly universal interpretation. Most Ns' language consists of the nebulous realm of idea, theme, metaphor, and comparison to rather subjective terms. The S perspective is far more practical, grounded, and real; which Bill Simmons displays.

I will change to ESFP though. Not sure why I thought Introvert.

all analogies are constructed out of material. Ne especially uses concrete perceptual information to see the idea already present. Ne is far less seemingly metaphoric than Ni as a result, but it's not. it's less divorced from reality, less abstracted internally, and still just as challenging.